09-11-2008, 10:40 PM
getting the following codes when i do a check
12 - Short circuit in right hand front wheel speed sensor
14 - Short circuit in left hand front wheel speed sensor
15 - Open circuit right hand rear wheel speed sensor
54 - Inoperative relay
61 - Low supply voltage

now i checked all the abs sensors and they appear fine
would the inoperative relay cause the error 61 and the others to play up?

for references, codes taken from these guys (http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=honda_civic_and_accord_abs_ec u_fault_code_identification)

-----------------------------
how to clear abs light!

1. jump service connector as you would to check ecu codes
2. press and hold the brake pedal and switch ignition to on or II
3. abs light should turn off after 2 seconds, release brake pedal
4. abs light should turn on after 4 seconds, press and hold the brake pedal
5. abs light should turn off again, when it does release the brake pedal

the light should flash 3-4 times to confirm procedure is complete, turn the ignition off and remove the service connector jumper and you should be done
-----------------------------

credit goes to nightshift@hondaswap.com (http://hondaswap.com/ecus-electronics-tuning/reset-abs-how-61690/)
team-integra (http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=1166) have a somewhat even easier to read guide to reset the abs light

ECU-MAN
10-11-2008, 08:31 AM
have you lowered your car recently ?

have you had a flat battery recently ?

what method did you use to test your sensors.

vinnY
10-11-2008, 08:45 AM
i did have some suspension work but that only involved changing springs
i did have a flat battery lately but when i swapped it out, it didn't come on until a while after that
sensor wise i should have clarified, visually they look okay and as far as i know they functioned fine a week before the light came up

maybe i'll pull them back out and give them a clean and plug them back in and see if it fixes anything, give it an ecu clear too i guess

ECU-MAN
10-11-2008, 09:16 AM
OK

when suspention work is done on ABS cars the ABS wire should be unbolted from the arms, that way when you press and push down on the lower arms to fix the struts you dont end up stretching the ABS sensor wire and tearing it.

I have seen this in the past several times.

the real way to test the sensor is to disconnect it and measure its resistance. is thats ok then you need a waveform viewer to see if the sensors a outputing a pulse.

chances are if the resistance of the sensors are OK then they will work.

please measure the resistance of all 4 WSS,
btw what car is it ?

vinnY
10-11-2008, 09:22 AM
will test them and see how i go :)

car's an ek4

ECU-MAN
10-11-2008, 09:25 AM
ok no probs, please record the resistance of each sensor and post your result here

vinnY
13-11-2008, 02:12 AM
okay haven't gotten a chance to do it yet but what resistance range am i looking for? need to know what range to set my multimeter to :p

94vtirozguy
13-11-2008, 08:22 AM
from memory about 800 to 1100 ohms

ECU-MAN
14-11-2008, 08:14 AM
as above

some can also be 1000 - 1600 ohm

vinnY
08-01-2009, 03:50 PM
okay pretty late but i got around to everything

sensors appear to be fine, what would be the cause of error 54 and 61?
i should also add it happened pretty much after i put in a 4x114.3 conversion from a 96spec integra
the abs sensor rings appear to be in okay nic and theres no contact between the sensor and sensor ring
visually the sensors appear to be okay and the tips haven't snapped off or anything

update; turns out the rear right wss is busted, double checked myself and it's not measuring any resistance at all while the other 3 are between 940-980ohms

guess i'm up for a new rear right wss

ECU-MAN
09-01-2009, 07:53 AM
yep.....

vinnY
09-01-2009, 11:51 AM
out of curiousity i found a couple sensors, they seem to have had their connectors cut off one time or another
is it okay to just solder and heatshrink it together or must it not be touched like the srs wiring?

ECU-MAN
09-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I dont ever remember hearing about it being ilegal ro resolder the ABS system, however I think its a bitch to solder the Sensor wires.

vinnY
09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
yeah it might be a bitch, as long as it's safe to do so i'm happy to have a go at resoldering it back together and giving it a shot

ECU-MAN
09-01-2009, 12:09 PM
give it a go

good luck

NZ_EK9
20-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Sorry to drag up a oldish post, but I have similar error codes ...

By replacing the busted sensor did the codes go away? esp 54 and 61.

Thanks

vinnY
20-02-2009, 10:18 AM
no idea to be honest, haven't found a sensor yet :(

vinnY
15-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Okay so I replaced the busted sensor. Some reason I'm getting an extra code on top of the stuff listed in the OP.
12 short rf wss
14 short lf wss
15 open rr wss
18 short lr wss
54 inoperable relay
61 low voltage supply

Now I assume to clear the abs light codes I can just pull the neg cable on the battery? To be sure I pulled the cable and abs fuses but still getting the same error codes. All sensors showing the 900odd ohm range so they appearto be working so far

Any further insight on this would be appreciated

edit; nevermind i found the procedure on resetting the abs light, started up fine with the light off
get up the road, back on
go around the block and power down to checkout the code, now it only gives me code 12 and 14
short on both front wheel sensors?!?! thanks for being so vague honda
guess i'm just gonna have to rip out the front sensors and give them a clean
might have just got some metal filings on it, see how i go
gonna update the first post with some light clearing procedure