PDA

View Full Version : what volume do the idq 10 (d2/d4) occupy??

fitvpower
09-11-2008, 11:16 PM
hey, i'm thinking of building an enclosure this bad boy, but i need to consider its volume. the pdf download via ID site says Vas 71 (d2) Vas 88 (d4) this sound ridiculous to me. Does any one know what volume it takes up? (i'm thinking its roughly around 2.2 litres according to the cone formula (v=1/3.pi.r^2.h)

arverson
10-11-2008, 12:01 AM
the mechanical specs have nothing to do with what you wanna know.

but that formula gave u a clue.. obviously its not gonna be a solid cone with the shapes & angles in the basket, magnet & whatnot sooo you can guess itll be around the 1.5 L mark. going by your other thread your building a sealed box, a litre or 2 wont have a major effect on how your sub sounds. dont worry too much about it.

hope i helped

fitvpower
10-11-2008, 12:07 AM
the mechanical specs have nothing to do with what you wanna know.

but that formula gave u a clue.. obviously its not gonna be a solid cone with the shapes & angles in the basket, magnet & whatnot sooo you can guess itll be around the 1.5 L mark. going by your other thread your building a sealed box, a litre or 2 wont have a major effect on how your sub sounds. dont worry too much about it.

hope i helped
tru tru, the most usefull material from the spec sheet was recomended enclosure volumes. lol. thnx for you adivce

arverson
10-11-2008, 12:08 AM
no problem :)

euro_tr4sh
19-11-2008, 07:35 PM
go to the id website and go to the forums on there, haps of useful information because the techs from image dynamics (the guys who research and design their products) actually reply in most of the threads, and if they guys who make the stuff cant give you the best advice, who can?!?!