rokkuchan
10-11-2008, 04:09 PM
NEW PICS ADDED page 4&5

Here it is!

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/front.JPG

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/side.JPG

jeffreymui
10-11-2008, 04:20 PM
few more hrs to go mate....how exciting...post pics right after dude!

I heart the SSS
10-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I hate that feeling before getting a car, your on edge so much!

Good luck with the purchase, hope it all goes well.

And yes, pics pics

SNKS2K
10-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Congrats man!
perfect time aswell with summer on its way.

once you get your tiens on! take it to the track! you'll love every second of it!

rbk_212
10-11-2008, 04:51 PM
omg i want one so bad! :P

some people have all the luck... and money... :) congrats

mr_vtec
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
congrats i just got one 1 month ago i love it..

rokkuchan
10-11-2008, 05:39 PM
almost time guys... I didn't sleep all night, i might take a nap now. haha. that will kill the time and suspense...
Will post pics when i get it...

MRK-01
10-11-2008, 06:34 PM
good stuff..!! I got one similar, its great to drive, you get used to the buzz.. and i have had mine now for 40thou km's with the original clutch..!! yes its got the buzz, but still holds without an issue, at 104thou now, nearly time for a clutch, excedy clutch is what i am looking at also, not much harder then the oem one and about the same price...!!

Good pick up, well done.....!! Enjoy..!!

rokkuchan
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Picked up at 8pm,

had a nice long cruise to waste the rest of the 4 bar petrol left so i could fill all up with Shell's V-POWER.

Had a long inspection with a friend, found that the bumber has had a minor bumb, hence found a touch-up and where the left lights are, the gap not perfect. But the owner had already told me this but didn't know the gap until i saw close up... :( But it's not very noticeable...

But yeah everything tip-top condition!! In terms of import grade, i would give it a 4B.

Now time to sleep :)

chicken8
11-11-2008, 08:18 AM
i personally never use shell v power

there was a long arse thread going with regards to what fuel u put in your car

apparantly shell puts in additives to reach its 98RON rating

winkyc
11-11-2008, 08:39 AM
me either. was never a fan for shell

i usually go for BP and then mobil as second choice.

i personally never use shell v power

there was a long arse thread going with regards to what fuel u put in your car

apparantly shell puts in additives to reach its 98RON rating

rokkuchan
11-11-2008, 09:12 AM
me either. was never a fan for shell

i usually go for BP and then mobil as second choice.

Where you get your sources from?

I saw Top Gear (UK version season 9 or 10?) reviewed and tested it and so did Today Tonight and V Power came out best rating for premium in both Top Gear and Today Tonight... In Top Gear they said V Power increases 1HP or something as I recall.

ludecrs
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't like Shell V Power either.

unluvedboi
11-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Congrats on the pick up!!

I always use BP Ultimate.. no problems at all.. on all the cars I had.. good for vtakkkk !

MRK-01
11-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I was told V Power was getting taken off the market..... Am I wrong..?

Also, being a motobike rider, I have been told not to use it on Bikes as it ruin's the tanks. Maybe the Ethanol in V Power is the problem....

chicken8
11-11-2008, 12:50 PM
yeah the ethanol in the V Power is an issue. but most newish cars can take it

it was said to corrode old seals. but your 01 s2k should be ok

i never used V Power tho. even if tests shown that its ok on newer cars wasn't enough for me

i also heard from alot of people who have said that sediments in V power and especially V Power racing are left in your fuel lines and fuel tanks. because as i said in my previous post. shell can't reach its 98 and 100 RON fuel ratings, which is why they put additives into the fuel thus leaving sediments

i personally always used caltex vortex 98 or BP Ultimate if i can't find a caltex

b20b
12-11-2008, 04:16 PM
we seem to be talking about fuel here ...I have worked at Shell and Mobil
but just to clear things up
In Melbourne there is only a Mobil refinery and Shell refinery. BP get there fuel from mobil. All the base fuels are the same, the truck loads base fuel then changes hose and adds the additive to make 98 Ron. There is a Bp additive and a Caltex additive.
The old Shell 98 can't remember the name was a different fuel it was a condenced fuel, may have been better. V power is just base fuel with a V power additive and is collected from Shell.
FYI V8 super car have there own tank of V power it is not stored a Varra vill it In geelong refinery. There is only one pipe from Shell Geelong to Shell Yarravill storage tanks and they pump all type of fuel through that pipe and flush it with water when they change fuel. They test the first batch of fuel untill it reaches a certain level ( may not be total clean) of clean and then load the tanks. So your quality may vary depending on your batch. maybe.....
\The problem with V power racing 100 it has ethernol in it . Ethernol attaches it shelf to water so if you have water in your tank the ethernol will attach itself to it an drag it into your engine. The petrol stations as well as shell are finding it hard to store fuel with ethernol in it because the tanks sweet and then contaminate the fuel. Unavoidable at the moment

S2000 great car

CONAN
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Congrats on your new purchase! s2000s are awesome cars... no other car in that price range comes close.

I think you should upgrade your roof, thats the best mod you can do for the earlier models..

Enjoy!

rokkuchan
12-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks guys for the comments! Will keep in mind about the fuel...

Yeah my upcoming mod is coilovers... but coz Yen is expensive now, it's probably not worth getting one yet except for those who has stock?

Anyone wants to sell me a set new or second hand? Was planning to get a set of BuddyClub N+ from JDMYard but haven't heard much reviews on it yet...

I wont cheap out on coilovers like D2 or BC or whatever that's from korea or taiwan... but also won't go to extent of going too expensive too like Bilstein or Showa or Ohlins...

Tein / Buddy prolly sit in between.

As for my roof, it's in excellent condition including the rear plastic window which is not too bad at the moment. just a bit wrinkled but can still see perfectly clear. Not bad for a 7 year old roof.

aznbikerboi
12-11-2008, 11:17 PM
:thumbsup: nice pick up mate!
got clutch buzz to and its annoying more the more i drive it.
personally makes me think the car is broken.
and just wondering, does anyone kno if the clutch buzz can be heard from outside the car?? because thats kind of embaressing.

[stealth]
12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
congrats.. ultimate ftw tho!

HRV-80Y
13-11-2008, 05:34 AM
:thumbsup: nice pick up mate!
got clutch buzz to and its annoying more the more i drive it.
personally makes me think the car is broken.
and just wondering, does anyone kno if the clutch buzz can be heard from outside the car?? because thats kind of embaressing.

yes it can be heard outside the car ! LOL

even louder with an exhaust !

drive top down in 2nd gear in a quite area with windows down aswell and let the car decelarate your fave tune :thumbsup:

IEVAQ8
13-11-2008, 07:22 AM
nice car and congrats................enjoy it..............

BP Ultimate FTW

rokkuchan
05-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Just added new oem lip + ap2 radio doors! :D pics coming!

Oh, can someone tell me if the lip suppose to fit perfect? I got this through Honda. I've installed, one of the edge (driver's side), it seems if though the corner is stretching a bit i.e the pre-drilled and the lip side hole dont sit parallel... Where as the other side, it sits perfect on the edge. (Im talking about the sides where u bolt on to the pre-drilled hole on the arch?) ..

hope u undertand my description.... :|

NVD52K
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
you should have got a replica from bodyform , is it an ap1 lip or ap2?

rokkuchan
05-12-2008, 10:58 PM
It's an AP1 lip.

[HIREVZ]
06-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Congrats buddy nice looking car!!! Im in the market of buying 1 NOW dont no wat colour but.. Anyway NICE BUY =]

ChromZ
06-12-2008, 05:32 PM
you should have got a replica from bodyform , is it an ap1 lip or ap2?

how much is it from bodyform?

filip5
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
congratz man nice car
i'm stuck in a dilema whether i should keep my chaser or get an s2000

STTICH
07-12-2008, 12:49 PM
congarts on the purchase! must be a fantastic upgrade from a jazz. :)

rokkuchan
08-12-2008, 12:11 AM
congarts on the purchase! must be a fantastic upgrade from a jazz. :)

Thanks! Yeah best decision made to sell the jazz and upgrade to S2k! Hehe... was planning on getting CTR FN2?, but front wheel drive bores me...

Here's a new pic with front lip installed! :D

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/s2k.jpg

Djbinh
08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
good work with thefront lip

CRXONE
08-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Your car looks exactly like mine!
I wasn't happy with my car until I lowered it 1.5 inches and changed the air intake to a AEM V2.

CRXONE
08-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Do you have any pics of the AP2 Radio window? I have the older version and my leg always hits the bloody radio door when its open.lol

rokkuchan
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Do you have any pics of the AP2 Radio window? I have the older version and my leg always hits the bloody radio door when its open.lol

Yup i can take a pic and put it on here... nothing too special... i want the ap2 leather console though... would get one if au exchange rate wasn't so bloody low...

Waiting on exchange rate.... :| then get my 1000 buks Rays wheels from yahoo auction... hehe

Djbinh
08-12-2008, 02:11 PM
hey for the yahoo auction is that the jap one

rokkuchan
08-12-2008, 02:27 PM
hey for the yahoo auction is that the jap one

Yup!! If you know how to read in jap then get all your parts from there... so much cheaper... Even some of the parts are still way cheaper than local even at current AU$1.00 = YEN$60 ...

JP Yahoo auction is like a huge junkyard full of s2k stuff...

Planning to get the Showa Spoon coilover instead for about
194,000 yen ~ AU$3500 shipped... if dollar = 100 yen (which was not long ago) = around AU$2000 shipped not even... and they're brand new...

Djbinh
08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
i was checking most of them they dont shipp to australia and i dont noe how to make a account can you help me or pm me

rokkuchan
08-12-2008, 03:16 PM
i was checking most of them they dont shipp to australia and i dont noe how to make a account can you help me or pm me

u can use Google's language tools and translate the whole page... but i get my sis to help as she can read jap.

As for shipping, i have an agent that ships it for me but usually they do post to Aust, u just need to learn how to PM them and perhaps write them in jap. haha...

but use Google's translation tool, they work very well... if u know how to pm them, use simple english in the google tool e.g "how much to send to Australia" = どのくらいのオーストラリアに送信する ?. sometimes translate the other way around to see if it makes sense...
I done this b4 and they're very happy to do it! I was quoted once about 50,000 yen to ship a set of 4 wheels over. That's around 500 buks (AU-YEN =100) back then. Also write both english and jap, they will reply in english if they know!

rokkuchan
08-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Also forgot to add:

Compliments to "VTEK" for getting the front lip for me via Honda. :)

Many Thanks!

unluvedboi
09-12-2008, 07:57 AM
that looks awesome.. I need a front lip also..

can anyone organise a group buy?! =P

rokkuchan
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
NEWS UPDATE of my car.

Have ordered DBA4000 XS Gold a set of 4. :D

ChromZ
15-12-2008, 09:25 PM
how much did you pick up the lip for? if u dont mind me asking.

.::F[L]Y::.
15-12-2008, 10:19 PM
fark this thread is depressing :(

i miss my S2K

ludecrs
15-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Buy an AP2 & turbo it! :p

rokkuchan
16-12-2008, 09:44 AM
how much did you pick up the lip for? if u dont mind me asking.

Mmmm i like to keep all the $figures to myself. But it's not cheap since i got from Honda but less than what they asked (699) since i got through person i know working at the dealer.

OTHER NEWS

DBA rotors is delayed, DBA had contacted me and they have to make the whole set since they have non in stock in their main warehouse since it was the 4000 XS series, was rare business for the S2k.

I've installed Eibach pro springs!! PICS soon. After some research decided not to get coilovers yet but Eibach was the way until i'm ready for some nice coilovers... Since i can now get stuff from Yahoo JP, my new goal is Ohlins. :) Currently priced at 340,000 Yen ~ $5xxx.00 mark, but if currency gets better say like 2-3 months ago, it would only cost around $3xxx.00

and yeah, it took me around 7-8 hours total to install the springs myself + 1 extra person to do the rears (air tool is a must to do spring compression).

Next up, some nice wheels! Again, might need to wait for Aus currency... dont know when that will happen. :(

rokkuchan
21-12-2008, 04:54 PM
new pics

with eibach... no coilovers yet but later

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/front1.JPG

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/front2.JPG

new radio cover
http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/radio1.JPG

DBA4000 XS coming Monday!!

ITEAZR
22-12-2008, 11:07 AM
looking real good dude....

soichiro
22-12-2008, 10:21 PM
nice car you got!

i wish i could afford a s2k but i'm working towards it slowly, very slowly.

looks better with those springs i might add. also i like the new radio cover but i think it would look even better with the leather centre console from the ap2?

getting jealous now...:(

rokkuchan
22-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys for the comments. No need to be jealous, it took me awhile to save up too, like most AP1 owners... except AP2 owners, they're rich! or heavily in debt. haha

NEW ROTORS CAME!! Check them out!

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/dba1.JPG

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/dba2.JPG

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/dba3.JPG

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/dba4.JPG

Now waiting for some new pads + honda brake fluid.... and later maybe Spoon monocorque with some Volks.... *entirely up to au currency....

Ferrari
23-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Where did you source the rotors from, can you provide a ball park figure? they look amazing. I need some of those behind my volks!

rokkuchan
23-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Where did you source the rotors from, can you provide a ball park figure? they look amazing. I need some of those behind my volks!

Just go to your local SuperCheap store... They are DBA dealers...

Different stores vary in price depending on the manager!! I ask one, they quoted me 500 each so that's 2grand a set! That's BS..

So i went to another, quoted 18xx for front + rears (this one seem more genuine as front cost more than the rears)... but i just bargain down to a final price of $1550 for whole set.

But i would be piss off if the next SuperCheap store i go to quotes me a better price. haha..

b20b
23-12-2008, 01:46 PM
here is a better option for rotors
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-S2000-FRONT-AND-REAR-SLOTTED-ROTORS_W0QQitemZ220272678394QQihZ012QQcategoryZ676 3QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l126 2

use these on my race car last just the same, no cracking , I can't fault them:wave:

ludecrs
23-12-2008, 06:36 PM
could just buy them off msn live at 25% cash back rebate...

CONAN
23-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Just go to your local SuperCheap store... They are DBA dealers...

But i would be piss off if the next SuperCheap store i go to quotes me a better price. haha..

Anyone here work at a Supercheap Auto store ?? If so what sort of prices can you get for these?

Apparantly staff gets 20-30% off.

ludecrs
23-12-2008, 08:57 PM
staff get 25% off unless it falls below cost price.

IIRC, the price was about $1200.

But I no longer work there, since I was dismissed for doing such activities for fellow OzHonda S2K owners and friends alike....

rokkuchan
26-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Got these installed on Xmas. Pretty easy, took about 1 hour+ . Thankfully i have all the airtools/airhammer etc... otherwise would be a 2-4 hour job.

Excuse my choppy mobile pics... Lended my SLR cam to someone for xmas party. Will replace these pics when i get it back.

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/dba5.jpg

http://www.adam.com.au/rokkuchan/dba6.jpg

how do they feel with hawk hps pads + oem fluid? can't tell yet as i need to break in the rotors b4 hard braking... but they make a lot of buzzzzz noise when braking but this is normal....

Ferrari
26-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Looks hot! Are you getting rims soon? Those tyres do not look the sticky at all.

rokkuchan
27-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Looks hot! Are you getting rims soon? Those tyres do not look the sticky at all.

Yup, i'm sourcing wheels in Jap... but not anytime soon if AU$ still crap... Looking for some TE37 or CE28 or RE30 in either 17 or 18"...

and yeah tyres are sh*thouse. Previous owner decide to put cheap tyres on just before sale... hankook ventus k104rear k102front - they're discontinued tyres as well... cheap-ass previous oldie owner...

Ferrari
27-12-2008, 07:36 AM
3rik is selling RE30 in 17 inch for 2.5 k in the for sale section.

Id go 17 inch on the s2000, then you can get big tyres, and a nice offset, without out too much hassle. I run 225 front and 255 rear with Advan AD07 and its on rails.