PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen sensor

iinjektd
12-11-2008, 09:36 AM
can anyone tell me what type of oxygen sensor i need for a
2002 ITR DC5.
Are they all the same? or have specifics?

Lerlo
12-11-2008, 11:54 PM
can anyone tell me what type of oxygen sensor i need for a
2002 ITR DC5.
Are they all the same? or have specifics?

Prob a 4 wire. I think u have 2 though

peejayy
13-11-2008, 12:00 AM
off topic post, but on topic:

ive had my H22A for 200,000kms. Its running the same oxygen sensors for id expect, all of those kms. In the near future I am going to get my catback done and get the car tuned.

my question is: should i get the o2 sensor(s) changed? for performance sakes and also just to keep the car running tip-top.

my second qestion is: i beleive we have two o2 sensors. one before the cat converter - this is the sensor which reports to the ECU, which makes changes accordingly. and another after the ECU - to check if the cat is working.

Would i be correct in saying that i would only need to replace the sensor before the cat? as thats the only one that may affect performance?

My car is running pretty rich also.

sorry for off-topic, but it could be helpfl to other members :)

Lerlo
13-11-2008, 12:39 AM
off topic post, but on topic:

ive had my H22A for 200,000kms. Its running the same oxygen sensors for id expect, all of those kms. In the near future I am going to get my catback done and get the car tuned.

my question is: should i get the o2 sensor(s) changed? for performance sakes and also just to keep the car running tip-top.

my second qestion is: i beleive we have two o2 sensors. one before the cat converter - this is the sensor which reports to the ECU, which makes changes accordingly. and another after the ECU - to check if the cat is working.

Would i be correct in saying that i would only need to replace the sensor before the cat? as thats the only one that may affect performance?

My car is running pretty rich also.

sorry for off-topic, but it could be helpfl to other members :)

I heard that o2 sensors are good for 100ks so yeah it should be time to change it. Thing is O2 do not fail, but it degenerates because of the crap buildup, so it isnt as sensitive anymore. Get a new one in there and you will feel lotsa difference. I just changed mine and it runs much smoother. Also Im not sure if its the O2 running you rich, but a rich mixture will destroy the O2 really fast. I have a 96 b16A2, i was told I have 2 O2, but when I went to check there is only one. And yeah I heard you only gotta change the one b4 the cat. The second one is to verify the outputs of the cat, which should be pretty clean and wouldnt need a change.

peejayy
13-11-2008, 07:41 AM
thanks for that.

As soon as i finish exams, i will enquire about a new sensor.

Is there a way to physically examine an O2 sensor to check for its sensitivity/accuracy?

sorry for the major thread hi-jack, hope the OP doesn't mind.

EG5
13-11-2008, 12:01 PM
There are 2 x O2 sensor on your dc5r
Primary O2 sensor
Secondary 02 sensor

What normally fails is the primary one
If you got problems trying to find them , We always stock them

iinjektd
13-11-2008, 02:34 PM
There are 2 x O2 sensor on your dc5r
Primary O2 sensor
Secondary 02 sensor

What normally fails is the primary one
If you got problems trying to find them , We always stock them

im looking for one.. the primrary one..
how much?

Lerlo
14-11-2008, 02:12 AM
thanks for that.

As soon as i finish exams, i will enquire about a new sensor.

Is there a way to physically examine an O2 sensor to check for its sensitivity/accuracy?

sorry for the major thread hi-jack, hope the OP doesn't mind.

Well Ive heard that you can hook a air/fuel guage or just a multimeter and check the voltage fluctuations. An old/dirty O2 sensor will flactuate less than a new one. But seriously, Ive never tried it.

kriZy
18-11-2008, 10:59 AM
O2 Sensors measures the fuel of your car. If your O2 Sensors stuffed up, your car will use more fuel and you'll be getting less km's out of your car.

Generally every 100,000kms they need replacing but you should test it at an exhaust place. So if you think your not getting enough out of your full tank, get em checked out yo!