PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] blue woodgrain --> silver

euromandeluxe
15-11-2008, 03:43 PM
hey,

i've done some searching on changing the interior trim of my 05 cl9 (blue/grey woodgrain) on the cupholders, around the shifter, on the doors and across the glovebox and near the steering wheel, but i haven't found any suitable (read: affordable) solutions.

do you reckon its feasible to do a DIY paint job? to get a brushed aluminium look? what sort of work would i have to do? the car has the OEM mp3 player installed, so i have the old cubbyhole thing cover to experiment on.

any tips?

thankss

aaronng
15-11-2008, 05:13 PM
You would be better off buying those trim pieces from the wrecker, or doing a swap with another Euro owner who wants the blue woodgrain. All those pieces that you described can be removed easily.

euromandeluxe
15-11-2008, 05:26 PM
hmm. i guess i'll have to wait till monday to call the wreckers. tried earlier today, but seems they're all closed.

if any euro owners in vic would like to swap the 06+ silver trim for blue/grey woodgrain, including the additional glovebox pieces etc, please PM.

yeah, they seem easy enough to remove. thanks aaronng :thumbsup:

ndeuro_
17-11-2008, 07:16 PM
i got silver trim=]

euromandeluxe
17-11-2008, 09:25 PM
:O! interested in swapping??

ope126
17-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Is the silver trim on the 06 and newer uxury models just the centre stack? i.e. cupholder / transmission / ashtray / cubby hole

Or is it also silver trim on the doors where the power window switches are?
Or do they still use the blue woodgrain for the power window switches?

Glenn

euromandeluxe
18-11-2008, 10:32 AM
The trim fitted to the cupholder / transmission / ashtray / cubby hole is the same as the trim fitted to the doors where the power windows are on all CL9 luxury models. If the cupholder trim is blue woodgrain, so are the power window trims. If it is silver, so are the power window trims.

On most 06+'s with black interior, there is a silver trim with a spotted effect in these areas. I think there's also a carbon fibre sort of look trim too? Not sure though.

The silver 'optionable' trim, on the front of the dash glovebox and near the VSA button, etc, comes in the same brushed aluminium available on all (pre-facelifted and facelifted) euros. This trim is not the same exact finish as the 06+'s, but i still like it together.

There's also optionable woodgrain extensions, like those i have on my car.

Hope that clears things up a bit :)

ope126
18-11-2008, 10:53 AM
The trim fitted to the cupholder / transmission / ashtray / cubby hole is the same as the trim fitted to the doors where the power windows are on all CL9 luxury models. If the cupholder trim is blue woodgrain, so are the power window trims. If it is silver, so are the power window trims.

On most 06+'s with black interior, there is a silver trim with a spotted effect in these areas. I think there's also a carbon fibre sort of look trim too? Not sure though.

The silver 'optionable' trim, on the front of the dash glovebox and near the VSA button, etc, comes in the same brushed aluminium available on all (pre-facelifted and facelifted) euros. This trim is not the same exact finish as the 06+'s, but i still like it together.

There's also optionable woodgrain extensions, like those i have on my car.

Hope that clears things up a bit :)

Cheers mate, I thought that that might be the case! :)

ndeuro_
18-11-2008, 11:16 AM
im gunna take my trim out and carbon fibre vinyl them =]

The X Man
18-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes, my 08 Lux has the silver trim (with spotted carbon fibre look) on the console, ashtray and power window controls. Looks way better the that woodgrain old fashioned shit you see in cars these days.

snYpz
18-11-2008, 03:32 PM
I have the woodgrain. It suits the colour of my car and also the leather trim i guess. Was really tempted to swap it over to the aluminium, but not worth the hassle and $$ imo

Suntzu
18-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I have a standard car with no real trim except the steering wheel which has aluminum inserts.

I would like a nice carbon fibre or silver type trim but am not sure if the ebay ones are any good...

euromandeluxe
18-11-2008, 08:49 PM
im gunna take my trim out and carbon fibre vinyl them =]

:eek:

If you're going to get it coated, want to swap so you can coat the woodgrain?

:D:D