PDA

View Full Version : Speakers =o

CivvyCloud
16-11-2008, 04:20 PM
hey wen i turn my headunit up or a song has like louder stuff then others (such as my people - the presets) if i turn it up it like cuts out and such

what causing it u think?

DC5TYPER
16-11-2008, 04:56 PM
What cuts out exactly?

Normally cut outs are grounding, fusing or battery problems.

mars_panas
16-11-2008, 05:07 PM
You may have speakers of an incorrect impedance attached to the unit since the problem occurs when audio signal level is increased and the current goes up.The unit is shutting down to prevent damage. I would check the speaker connections and make sure that the speakers impedance are matched for the unit you are using.

Best way to fix this problem is get a cheap 2 channel amp and connect to speakers thru the amp...

If your speakers already running on the amp.. Sounds like your amp is going into protection mode...

anyways good luck....

let us know what the results is when you fix the problem... for future reference in ozhonda...

Huggyb
16-11-2008, 07:44 PM
It could be something as simple as clipping. If your amp is tuned really poorly or it is not receiving the power that it wants (due to poor grounding or power leads) it will tend to clip ur output when you turn it up because it can't handle the amplitude. So if possible change the sensitivity of ur amp, or turn down ur gains and check all ur power and ground connections.

CivvyCloud
16-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Nah the sub and amp are great and doing what they suppose to.
atm i dont have Front splits but my rear speakers are the ones that are cutting out sort of. ONLY does it wen i turn up past a certain point.. maybe needs more power (eg. Amp?) To go louder and keep clarity??

mars_panas
17-11-2008, 08:08 AM
in that case your speakers cannot handle the power.... or the AMP not probably tuned....

what speakers are you running??

Huggyb
17-11-2008, 10:12 AM
i still say that it is probably clipping. Because by the sounds of it, as soon as the amplitude of the signal gets too big, it cuts out. This is an amp problem, not a speaker problem. if the speakers are running from ur head unit (especially if its a particularly low powered one) it might be able to output the signal range required at such high amplitudes. If you are amping the speakers, id check that the amp is being powered properly or if you're not amping them, maybe you should. if you are amping them on the same amp as your sub amp, id check the gains and maybe turn down the gain on the speaker outputs.

CivvyCloud
17-11-2008, 11:26 AM
the speakers i have are like 360w peak clarion 6x9

I might look at amping them?

arverson
17-11-2008, 04:58 PM
no amp & they cut out.. yer sounds like clipping. but you should know when its starting to clip cus of distortion.. its a pretty obvious sound.. dont turn it up that loud til theyre amped.

you mentioned it only happens with certain types of music, if one genre has more distinct subbass then that will put more strain on your unamped speakers. i say amp em

CivvyCloud
17-11-2008, 09:14 PM
thx =D thats what i was looking for ^_^