PDA

View Full Version : dc4 hazard light problem

JMG.
16-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Im having an issue where the hazard lights go on while driving down the road or parked with the engine off. The flashing of the hazard lights are very random and even without the key in the hazard lights are randomly flashing on and off, which has caused me to have a flat battery. Is there any way to fix this? I'm thinking of pulling out the hazard fuse but i'm not sure which one it is. Any opinions or tips would be good.
Cheers

denrie
16-11-2008, 10:06 PM
do u have an alarm.? could be ur alarm

JMG.
17-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeh i do have an alarm.. Could it possibly be that? If so, how would i disarm the alarm? I bought it like this so i'm not sure what kind of alarm it is.

xtat1k
17-11-2008, 01:28 AM
take it to an auto electrician.

JMG.
17-11-2008, 10:21 AM
So there's no way i can fix this matter by myself ?

turtle187
17-11-2008, 10:33 AM
this is should be a issue with wiring, has there been any changes made to the car recently to have caused this?
or have you just recently purchase this car?

JMG.
17-11-2008, 11:21 AM
i've just recently bought this car.. according to the previous owner he hadn't experienced this problem before :S

turtle187
17-11-2008, 01:02 PM
hmm k then, dont ever trust a sellers word because they would do anything to get rid of the car.
best chance is to take it to a auto electritian as albert or xtatik has stated. but the issue should be there is a loose wiring and just has to be wired up properly.
im assuming it tends to go on and off when your driving thats what causes it to just randomly go on and off while driving because when there is a loose wiring it can cause the wire from connecting and disconnecting. but best chance take it to auto electritian they should be able to resolve the issue within a few moments

JMG.
17-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah i was thinking a loose wire too, but the thing is its randomly flashing on and off even when its parked.. which eliminates the idea of the wire connecting and disconnecting. If worst comes to worst i guess i just have to get it checked out. But just wondering if theres a way to fix it without having to go thru that trouble.