PDA

View Full Version : cl9 ECU flash!

Euro858
16-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Anyone know if the Jtune ECU flash is already available? or if there is other products out there?

Suntzu
17-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Search . Ive had mine for a year, theres heaps on it.

ENVSSS
17-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, there's a bit of info out there, as Suntzu said. I think he would also agree that it is money worth spent, I'm happy with mine. :D

Suntzu
17-11-2008, 11:50 AM
i didnt know you had the mild flash Envsss. How are you finding it? Ive had mine nearly a year and itsreally come alive with I/H/Cat and most especially RBC IM.

How do you find the performance and 5000rpm vtec?

My cars a LOT quicker than it was. have you done a dyno? Be great to compare on same dyno.

Euro858
17-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah, there's a bit of info out there, as Suntzu said. I think he would also agree that it is money worth spent, I'm happy with mine. :D

Sounds good! Ever had any other components in the car become faulty? such as A/C etc or it has been reliable from day one?

ENVSSS
17-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Nope. Everything is perfect (touch wood). I've had mine about 6-7 months, vtec at 5000 is much smoother, car pulls much nicer at 6000 all the way to 7400 now. I haven't done any dyno's on my car but it is definitely a noticeable improvement.

Would be nice to feel the difference with the mild flash and RBC. Would you reccomend it? I was contemplating the mod but wasn't sure if it just wasn't going to be a waste of time and money.

Suntzu
17-11-2008, 01:07 PM
The RBC works. Theres no doubt. It only has an effect at 5000-7400rpm when the vtec engages as thats when the extra air is needed.

Im going to dyno soon, id be surprised if i didnt make an extra 8kwatw with the RBC over my last dyno. ( 118kw mainline)

Also a 300 cell cat makes a good difference with the Jtune.

Im getting awesome fuel efficiency now also!

ENVSSS
17-11-2008, 01:13 PM
The RBC works. Theres no doubt. It only has an effect at 5000-7400rpm when the vtec engages as thats when the extra air is needed.

Im going to dyno soon, id be surprised if i didnt make an extra 8kwatw with the RBC over my last dyno. ( 118kw mainline)

Also a 300 cell cat makes a good difference with the Jtune.

Im getting awesome fuel efficiency now also!

Nice! Very interested in your result. I'm currently running stock headers and exhaust though (waiting for Jtune:p) I would buy decent exhaust and headers but its the 2nd reflash that is gonna make it though.

Is the RBC mod easy enough? I might just need some small custom piping for the intake.

Crapdaz
17-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Nice! Very interested in your result. I'm currently running stock headers and exhaust though (waiting for Jtune:p) I would buy decent exhaust and headers but its the 2nd reflash that is gonna make it though.

Is the RBC mod easy enough? I might just need some small custom piping for the intake.

Yeh it is pretty easy, make sure you drain a bit of the coolant first otherwise you'd have coolant in your engine bay.

As when removing the stock intake manifold the coolant level would leak out.

You'll also need custom piping for the intake cause the RBC sits in a higher position compared to the RBB.

Accord Basic
17-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Hondata or Jtune?

which one is better?

Type R Positive
17-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Hondata or Jtune?

which one is better?
Jtune is Hondata..... ;)

viper8548
17-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Where can i get it flashed lol, do i HAVE to get mods (exhaust, headers) before I get he flash so they can tune it?

ENVSSS
18-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Where can i get it flashed lol, do i HAVE to get mods (exhaust, headers) before I get he flash so they can tune it?

No, you don't have to. The Mild flash is designed for either a stock vehicle or with intake. The added headers and exhaust would just be a bonus I guess.

Crapdaz
18-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Jtune in melbourne.

Suntzu
18-11-2008, 07:54 AM
It gets sent to the USA now. Mine was, as there was some issues with the flashing gear here. In other ords its done by Hondata in the USA but with an Aussie CL9 Flash image.

Do it. Its good.

Euro858
18-11-2008, 04:52 PM
It gets sent to the USA now. Mine was, as there was some issues with the flashing gear here. In other ords its done by Hondata in the USA but with an Aussie CL9 Flash image.

Do it. Its good.

How long did it take to get your ECU back?

ENVSSS
18-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Mine took about 10 days.

tony1234
18-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Mine took about 10 days.
Shit,10 days without your car.:thumbdwn:

Merlin086
18-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Mine took 2 months, but it was the first extreme flash....

Suntzu
18-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I was given a temp replacement ecu as mine got fried first go so i still had my car. Too about 10 days yeah. Do it when you go on holidays.

ENVSSS
18-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I was given a temp replacement ecu as mine got fried first go so i still had my car. Too about 10 days yeah. Do it when you go on holidays.

Mine got fried too. I was also given a temp flashed ECU, so I wasn't without my car :D

Euro858
18-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Mine got fried too. I was also given a temp flashed ECU, so I wasn't without my car :D

Damn they both fried?! sounds a bit scary... well how long was it when you got your temp ecu? Do they offer warranty?

George euro
19-11-2008, 06:18 AM
hmmm sounds interesting but i dunno about it what a pain in the ass not being able to drive your car thats the only reason i havent done it yet :(

tony1234
19-11-2008, 07:13 AM
hmmm sounds interesting but i dunno about it what a pain in the ass not being able to drive your car thats the only reason i havent done it yet :(
Yeah,me too.10 days is to looooooong.

ENVSSS
19-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Mine was only fried because it was done here in Aus and they had problems with the flash hardware. They are all now flashed in the US, so there isn't any problems.

The only reason why it took 10 days was because I had sent my original ECU away to Melbourne, got fried and Hondata USA ordered a replacement ECU, reflashed it and sent it back. I was sent the temp one before I even took out the original so no loss of car :D

aaronng
19-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah,me too.10 days is to looooooong.

10 days to send to US and back? If that includes the time it takes for shipping, that's quick.

Accord Basic
19-11-2008, 01:31 PM
anyone can do CL9 ECU reflush in Perth?

Suntzu
19-11-2008, 02:18 PM
OMG I definately need Something reflushed and it aint my car!

tony1234
19-11-2008, 04:58 PM
10 days to send to US and back? If that includes the time it takes for shipping, that's quick.
I meant 10 days without your car.I agree 10 days to states and back is quick.

Euro 05 Project
10-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Had my ECU mild flashed, they fried it, after chasing james for 5 days i got another ecu fitted, yet there was a permanent yellow warning light on, I never went back and I didnt pay them for a shit job. New ecu from honda $1200 fitted. I was not going to send them my working ecu i wanted them to send a working ecu first (fair and reasonable) then i would send back the accura flash version and happily pay..never heard back, not sure if I trust James.:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

sports06
10-02-2009, 05:59 AM
do you think this would be a better investment than say greddy?

EUR003act
10-02-2009, 08:53 PM
do you think this would be a better investment than say greddy?

greddy emanage ultimate is fully tunable... jtune flash is generic tune for a standard car...

yfin
10-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Had my ECU mild flashed, they fried it, after chasing james for 5 days i got another ecu fitted, yet there was a permanent yellow warning light on, I never went back and I didnt pay them for a shit job. New ecu from honda $1200 fitted. I was not going to send them my working ecu i wanted them to send a working ecu first (fair and reasonable) then i would send back the accura flash version and happily pay..never heard back, not sure if I trust James.:thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

In the strongest possible terms - this is a case of buyer beware. It doesn't take much reading to see other people who are not happy.

giant_mongrel
10-02-2009, 09:43 PM
i would imagine a safer option but maybe more expensive would be to import a greddy emanage ultimate and have it tuned at a independent tuner. this has the option of retuning and you don't need to pay the extra money to go back to normal ecu (jtune charges for this).
i think that while a few people have had success with jtune (eg. suntzu) its fair to say that there's quite a few disgruntled (and not just on OH). noone seems to be having many problems with the emanage (if they get it tuned; some people are running other people's jumpers and have warning lights etc.).

my 2c

sports06
10-02-2009, 10:24 PM
i would imagine a safer option but maybe more expensive would be to import a greddy emanage ultimate and have it tuned at a independent tuner. this has the option of retuning and you don't need to pay the extra money to go back to normal ecu (jtune charges for this).
i think that while a few people have had success with jtune (eg. suntzu) its fair to say that there's quite a few disgruntled (and not just on OH). noone seems to be having many problems with the emanage (if they get it tuned; some people are running other people's jumpers and have warning lights etc.).

my 2c

what do you mean buy jumpers?

Crapdaz
11-02-2009, 04:57 AM
greddy emanage ultimate - uses jumper settings.... e.g dip switches open/closed etc

giant_mongrel
11-02-2009, 11:07 AM
actually i meant that when it's cold, the ultimate comes with 2 free 80% wool/20% nylon jumpers to wear for when your A/C stops working. i snuggle up to my ultimate... which i haven't got yet.

here's a taste of jumpers: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2114195&postcount=571 EDIT: COURTESY OF JUSTIN ALL HAIL 1ST RBC MANG

if anyone is selling theirs pm me, otherwise i shall buy when AUD goes up and GMD goes up. GMD = giant mongrel dollars.
you done yours daz? can't remember all your mods

Crapdaz
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
actually i meant that when it's cold, the ultimate comes with 2 free 80% wool/20% nylon jumpers to wear for when your A/C stops working. i snuggle up to my ultimate... which i haven't got yet.

here's a taste of jumpers: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2114195&postcount=571

if anyone is selling theirs pm me, otherwise i shall buy when AUD goes up and GMD goes up. GMD = giant mongrel dollars.
you done yours daz? can't remember all your mods

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100069&highlight=princess

here is my car mods....

Rofl you are one random guy ROFLMAO!!!

nah not yet once i get my car back from my mate and will book a time with TODA to get it done.

giant_mongrel
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
show off. i can't afford that all yet.
i want RBCCCCCCCCC
prefer your new wheels man. did you smoke your fronts too?
at least you've landed your ultimate...
i still think NSW has more options available for parts than anywhere else

Crapdaz
11-02-2009, 11:52 AM
i duno man, parts just depends on how many modders are in the state....

ultimate was landed since mid last year or so just havent had time to install it yet and tune.
not showing off, just letting you know my list of mods.

Save up $550 and you can get one from JDMYARD!

My CE28N have +50 offset which i don't really like, but still i got my hands on them pretty cheap.

EUR003act
12-02-2009, 05:25 PM
theyre my jumpers!!!

lol where's my "info supplied courtesy of justin" :p

nah its cool that you linked to it, allows people to see how awesome i am and give me heaps of rep points!

rep points FTW!

mmmmm RBC+emanage = sex....

:thumbsup:

p.s here's a hint at the next mod im looking at doing "PNN4"

Crapdaz
12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
give him a caning justin, im sure he'll like it.

giant_mongrel
13-02-2009, 12:30 AM
post has been edited. please do not spank me, and donate an rbc to me instead
you doing something to that transmission of yours justin?

integral90
13-02-2009, 01:06 AM
p.s here's a hint at the next mod im looking at doing "PNN4"

NOOO!!! Don't lose your advantage of mid range torque!!!

EUR003act
13-02-2009, 05:49 AM
post has been edited. please do not spank me, and donate an rbc to me instead
you doing something to that transmission of yours justin?

hehehehe cheers buddy! :p

lol your pretty good with your honda codes... :thumbsup:

but i cant say anything about it yet, im still looking into it :zip:

NOOO!!! Don't lose your advantage of mid range torque!!!

if i was changing my transmission, which i am not... why would i loose my midrange torque? all id be doing is shifting it down in the speed scale...ie: instead of being at 4500rpm doing 60km/hr in 2nd... id bet at 4000rpm doing 60km/hr in 3rd... still in my middle torque monster range :thumbsup:

please let me know if you have another theory... :cool:

integral90
13-02-2009, 02:37 PM
if i was changing my transmission, which i am not... why would i loose my midrange torque? all id be doing is shifting it down in the speed scale...ie: instead of being at 4500rpm doing 60km/hr in 2nd... id bet at 4000rpm doing 60km/hr in 3rd... still in my middle torque monster range :thumbsup:

please let me know if you have another theory... :cool:

Alright my next guess would be the LSD :p

If you changed your transmission you could lose the advantage of mid-range torque by having shorter gearing.

Stock Euro from a redline shift from 1st into 2nd lands at around 4500rpm, the Euro's peak torque... but if you had shorter gearing then a redline shift from 1st to 2nd suddenly lands at (hypothetically) 5250rpm, where the torque is starting to drop off the peak power then would you effectively not be making use of your mid-range torque?

I'm probably wrong, and you car does scream on the top end from what I remember, but I mean... muscle cars don't have short gearing, you know?

aaronng
13-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Euro is not a muscle car. muahahahaha

integral90
13-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Euro is not a muscle car. muahahahaha

I hate you! You're not my real dad!

You know what I mean though, if you have torque then you might as well use it and not just rely on peak power :D

aaronng
13-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I hate you! You're not my real dad!

You know what I mean though, if you have torque then you might as well use it and not just rely on peak power :D

It would work if the Euro had torque. ehehhehe.. The worst muscle car in history probably has more torque than the Euro.

integral90
13-02-2009, 03:10 PM
It would work if the Euro had torque. ehehhehe.. The worst muscle car in history probably has more torque than the Euro.

Probably weighed 500kg+ more too. From my experience, torque is all proportional to weight, just drive bennjamin's car to get what I mean :p

Justin's Euro, in proportion to it's weight, I think has a lot of torque. Enough to be able to let the gears fall a little lower in the rev band after a shift because you have the confidence that the weight of the car and the torque is enough. Also it doesn't matter how quick you shift, it's a pause in acceleration and a momentary deceleration. If you could avoid having to shift so much by having the longer gears with the torque to push through them then you'd affectively have a quicker car, right?

aaronng
13-02-2009, 03:14 PM
67 Camaro weighed 1690kg, but had over twice the torque of the Euro.

EUR003act
16-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Alright my next guess would be the LSD :p

If you changed your transmission you could lose the advantage of mid-range torque by having shorter gearing.

Stock Euro from a redline shift from 1st into 2nd lands at around 4500rpm, the Euro's peak torque... but if you had shorter gearing then a redline shift from 1st to 2nd suddenly lands at (hypothetically) 5250rpm, where the torque is starting to drop off the peak power then would you effectively not be making use of your mid-range torque?

I'm probably wrong, and you car does scream on the top end from what I remember, but I mean... muscle cars don't have short gearing, you know?

euros have very short torque curves compared to v8s and charged cars... so if you have matching short gearing, you get quicker acceleration :p

EUR003act
16-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Probably weighed 500kg+ more too. From my experience, torque is all proportional to weight, just drive bennjamin's car to get what I mean :p

Justin's Euro, in proportion to it's weight, I think has a lot of torque. Enough to be able to let the gears fall a little lower in the rev band after a shift because you have the confidence that the weight of the car and the torque is enough. Also it doesn't matter how quick you shift, it's a pause in acceleration and a momentary deceleration. If you could avoid having to shift so much by having the longer gears with the torque to push through them then you'd affectively have a quicker car, right?

you need to shift quick... and you wont decelerate if your quick enough...

heres a graph of my acceleration that i took ages ago on the gtech meter:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/Untitled-1-1.jpg

The black line was my actual accerlation (mphr on the LHS), and the blue line is what i would expect a shorter ration gearbox would achieve... as you can see, the accleration is quicker, however, because each gear is shorter, theres now an extra shift in there, so shifting speeds now become more important :thumbsup:

johnprocter
16-02-2009, 03:31 PM
mmm interesting

MWAKU
03-06-2013, 01:55 AM
wanting to reflash mine, im from syd. what do i gotta do!? where does it send to now? still america or can someone still do it here? or do you need a US edu

Fredoops
03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
wanting to reflash mine, im from syd. what do i gotta do!? where does it send to now? still america or can someone still do it here? or do you need a US edu

With tuning you are looking at 2 grand

axispower
03-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Anyone here had the JTune Mild Flash on a stock CL9? (or a CL9 with just a CAI)? Results?

Fredoops
03-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Anyone here had the JTune Mild Flash on a stock CL9? (or a CL9 with just a CAI)? Results?

paying $1250 for a reflash with no hardware?

poor deal.

axispower
04-06-2013, 09:43 AM
... $15250?

I read it was 1250

Fredoops
04-06-2013, 10:05 AM
typo, fixed

axispower
04-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Phewph.

but tell me how you feel about getting a choone wif no hardware? What could one expect to gain? Anything noticeable?

Someone on here (cant remember who) said getting just a reflash (for example) without any i/h/e would still do well.

(from what ive read it looks like a difficult process to get the acura tsx reflash)

Fredoops
04-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Phewph.

but tell me how you feel about getting a choone wif no hardware? What could one expect to gain? Anything noticeable?

Someone on here (cant remember who) said getting just a reflash (for example) without any i/h/e would still do well.

(from what ive read it looks like a difficult process to get the acura tsx reflash)

paying $1250 is crazy when a flashpro + ECU is only $1500 odd

axispower
04-06-2013, 01:05 PM
paying $1250 is crazy when a flashpro + ECU is only $1500 odd

And how do u feel about flashpro + ECU on stock CL9?

Fredoops
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
And how do u feel about flashpro + ECU on stock CL9?

Iirc the $1250 reflash uses the same tune as the flashpro base tune (both hondata).

So it's the matter of either:
1: paying $1250 for something that's not able to be retuned or resold and cost money to return to stock.
Or
2: paying $1500 for something that can be retuned, able to return to stock for free, and sold again.

For the amount of money spent for both its be a waste not to work on the car more. Just to get the most put of it.

axispower
04-06-2013, 02:34 PM
So in terms of gains there is no difference between reflash or flashpro? or am I completely misunderstanding you?

(is the JTune mild flash 'synonymous' with the Hondata reflash? And JTune extreme flash with the Hondata Flash Pro?)

Fredoops
04-06-2013, 02:51 PM
So in terms of gains there is no difference between reflash or flashpro? or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Flashpro comes with the hondata "reflash" tune "out of the box".

(is the JTune mild flash 'synonymous' with the Hondata reflash? And JTune extreme flash with the Hondata Flash Pro?)
1st half: Yes, I'd be suprised if they differ.
2nd half: No

*EDIT* something is about to happen on the FlashPro scene for Australian Honda's, hold your horses (an d your $$$) for a while :-)

mrgu
05-06-2013, 01:50 AM
I am waiting patiently

Black Euro
05-06-2013, 09:20 AM
oh like what Fred? i really hope its that we dont have to get the US ECU !!

Fredoops
05-06-2013, 09:34 AM
^^^^ give it a few month you wont have to

axispower
05-06-2013, 09:59 AM
interdadesting

Black Euro
05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
ohhhhh emmmm geeee! that makes the tuning option more likely for me!

Lowcl9
23-06-2013, 02:27 PM
How much does the j tune flash cost?

mrgu
23-06-2013, 04:51 PM
that's old tech now..

basically, you have got 2 options when it comes to tuning ur cl9

1. Flashpro from Hondata + Tsx ecu 06-08 + tune + VTC 45 deg + Hondata heatshield = $2000 (extra around 15-25 kw gain atw with I/H/E)

2. Piggyback ( Greddy emanage ) + cl9 base map and harness + tune= $1500 (extra 10-20kw gain atw with I/H/E, don't have to touch VTC)

3. Some company in Australia has started develop Hondata Flashpro to suit our CL9 ecu, would save around 400 bucks (dont have to code immobiliser again from dealer for 160)

kristrifo
25-07-2013, 11:51 PM
hondata just released a flashpro for audm cu2's

fkn spewing they havent done it for the audm cl9s

t3kNo*
16-08-2013, 03:16 PM
had a chat to BYP today and they mentioned: FlashPro + TSX ECU, Install + Tune = $2650.00

includes fixing up the key, etc and with everything working as per normal.

Fredoops
16-08-2013, 03:24 PM
hondata just released a flashpro for audm cu2's

fkn spewing they havent done it for the audm cl9s

the chipset is very different between AUDM and USDM ecu's

like the chipboard is completely different.

TheSaint
16-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Flashpro comes with the hondata "reflash" tune "out of the box".

1st half: Yes, I'd be suprised if they differ.
2nd half: No

*EDIT* something is about to happen on the FlashPro scene for Australian Honda's, hold your horses (an d your $$$) for a while :-)

please keep us up to date on this!! =)

Fredoops
16-08-2013, 05:29 PM
please keep us up to date on this!! =)

it did, CU2's can be flashed without needing a TSX ecu.

CL9... nothing happened

TheSaint
17-08-2013, 12:00 AM
siiiigh

wasnt neptune working on a new product for K series that was going to rival hondata?
what ever happened to that?

Fredoops
17-08-2013, 01:07 AM
siiiigh

wasnt neptune working on a new product for K series that was going to rival hondata?
what ever happened to that?

http://ktuner.com/

TheSaint
17-08-2013, 01:38 AM
http://ktuner.com/

thanks for the link - ill ask about it next time i email HRtuning =)