PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP PLEASE:Problem with window

mohdmanutd
17-11-2008, 09:27 PM
while drving home today,I was trying to put my driver side window up and it would not go up and close. After reaching home i fiddled around with it and opened the door to see what has gone wrong. I could not find anything wrong and even after checking the fuses everything was fine. The window is still down and i would really like to close it somehow. Can anyone help me in anyway please. Thank you very much.........i just need it closed for now

sassy_fit_vtit
17-11-2008, 09:29 PM
It could be that the electric motor is fudged, the switch is broken or no power to that particular window

gheybo
18-11-2008, 01:58 PM
It could be that the electric motor is fudged, the switch is broken or no power to that particular window

It happened to my car as well, the driver side window wouldnt go up or down, changed the switch and its all good :thumbsup:

mp-
18-11-2008, 02:11 PM
i had a similar problem b4, Window just stopped working. i found out it was the alternator. When to the wreckers and picked up a 2nd hand one for $70. Cleanned all the excess glass off and just replaced it. Quick fix for me, 15min job and im a noob when it comes to these stuff.

A few days later the cable snapped, which also resulted in the window not going up or down, took it to a local mechanic and he replaced the cable with another used one for $60.

i had another issue with the window once when the cable was off the pully/motor? not sure wat's it called, but at the top, all i did was just made sure the cable was all back on the right track and compared it to the other side window and all worked fine after tat :thumbsup:

allzilamon
18-11-2008, 02:42 PM
common problem of civics ive heard

Boban
19-11-2008, 01:51 AM
could also be your window regulator. when you play witht the switch (up/down) do you hear anything coming from the motor inside. If the motor is spinning but the window is not going it's most likely the regulator. If there's no noise it's electrical, either the switch is stuffed, a fuse may be blown somewhere, a wire is shorting somewhere where it shouldn't etc...

hope this helps

mohdmanutd
19-11-2008, 07:50 AM
thanks guys for all the help............... i managed to put the window up but it was a lil bit tricky.........

its not the switch coz i tested that and power is not coming into there, and its also not the motor as i cant hear anything..............however i extended a wire from the battery and opened up the wires and then the motor works and the window comes up.

so its enough for now until i fix it properly

Limbo
19-11-2008, 08:31 AM
usually its the switch. Try getting one from on of the other doors to check.
Then i'd try the wreckers to get on. Honda is $$$$ for little things like that

sassy_fit_vtit
19-11-2008, 09:11 AM
get an auto electrician to look at it.

munkaii
19-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Take a look at the wiring first. Though usually its the switch or regulator that goes first. Take your car down to somewhere like Hontoys with ur door already stripped and ask them if you can test a switch to see if its stuffed. You said it wasn't your fuse so it probably won't fry their one. :D