PDA

View Full Version : Electric supercharger?? does it work?

-MuGen PoWer-
11-10-2004, 07:29 PM
i was just browsing and i came across this site:
http://www.torquewind.tk/

some info:
it requires no extensive modifications, and better yet - no belt to rob your engine of horsepower! This supercharger draws its 12 volts off the power that your alternator is already making!

With over 500 CFM, this powerful supercharger will create up to 2.1 psi - all at the flick of a switch. And even though powerful, it will not damage your engine with overwhelming pressure - no bent/broken rods, no blow-by, no detonation - it is completely safe for your car's engine. Just flip the cockpit mounted switch at full throttle, and the powerful supercharger capable of running over 8000 rpm will supply your engine with all of the boost it will need. No need for a boost controller, or other expensive gadgetry - everything you need is in the kit. This supercharger's results have been tested with a precision accelerometer - don't be surprised to see your 0-60, 60ft, and quarter mile times decrease

you can find this electric supercharger on ebay in US for jsut over 100US

WONDER IF IT WORKS?? :confused:

HRV-80Y
11-10-2004, 07:33 PM
jus buy on -MuGen PoWer- n see if it actually works haha = p it if does ill buy 1 aswell = ]

Phantasm
11-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Yeah ive seen these before, you can make them yourself with custom piping and computer fans.
They are fairly simple in construction, some also run off power stored in solenoids for higher temporary power boosts.
But im thinking if they are so good why dont any car companies use them?
And why dont you see them often on any modded cars around, sa they have been advertised for quite a while?

If you made one yourself you could also use led fans, itd match the really cool led windscreen nozzles. :thumbdwn:

Javed
11-10-2004, 07:47 PM
load of bullshit.

-MuGen PoWer-
11-10-2004, 07:58 PM
it seems a bit chatty 2 me

haha HRV-80Y, yeah buy it 4 me n i test it out 4 u :D

faijai
11-10-2004, 08:00 PM
this sounds abit like the turbo which is sold at auto joy or sumfing.
all electric too.

HRV-80Y
11-10-2004, 08:16 PM
OooOOOoo see pplz the ozhonda luv....-MuGen PoWer- wants 2 supercharge me n try it out *woot woot* i feel special....*wink wink*

-MuGen PoWer-
11-10-2004, 08:56 PM
hahah
Chi stop influencing HRV-80Y
im sure ur HRV will b able 2 go on any terrain with that supercharger, go get it!

faijai
11-10-2004, 09:58 PM
LOLZ! im not so sure about that~
haha he should of tried that terrain place outside of the motor show.

bennjamin
11-10-2004, 10:09 PM
such a "charger" design is really just a waste of time - and RESTRICTIVE to a stock airflow.

From what it seems with this "cheap turbo" ...it looks like a computer cooling fan - regardless of HOW many rpms it can achieve - it is still a restriction - and its "compressing" ability looks to be 0%.

lets drop this topic forever !!!

2ds
11-10-2004, 11:32 PM
lol, i bought one of these things for a bit of fun one day, makes your car sound like a vaccum cleaner, it's hillarious. no noticeable gains, one of my friends is going to use it on a dyno some time soon so we can see if it actually creates any gains. should be interesting. that being said it was a mean fan, 700w it could lift it's self straight up with the thrust it generated.

-2ds

Rufes1
12-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Their a load of shit, and an article has been written uo about them which resulted in a much better use of it found. As a baseball bat

http://www.homemadeturbo.com

Honda_Fools
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
why dun u just buy a better car?!

Lyle_Style
26-10-2004, 04:58 PM
they are a complete load of shit and a scam for idiots who want all the majical power from no where for penuts