PDA

View Full Version : Problem with srs light

n4sa
11-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey I have a 97 lude and the srs light has come on. Is this a serious problem or is it a common issue with this model?? I have had various people comment but would like some more opinions b4 i send it to honda. Thanks in advance

EKVTIR-T
11-10-2004, 10:06 PM
have you dynoed the car lately?

n4sa
11-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Nope, why?

EKVTIR-T
11-10-2004, 10:22 PM
ohh coz for some reason when my car get dynoed it triggers srs light.oh well

ECU-MAN
12-10-2004, 08:58 PM
no its not common

Honda SRS is very relaible

I suggest you go to your Honda Dealder and have them check the ECU for codes

bigteethygrin
13-10-2004, 05:16 PM
i get the srs prob occasionally

do you get it sort of when you turn the wheel full lock?? And then a few seconds after the light comes on it goes off again???

I have heard that the collar inside the steering column for the srs connector either corrodes or wears causing the two sides to lose contact occasionally.. this hence causes the circuit to break temporarily and trigger the alert. The SRS series you have is likely the same as mine.. the 4th gen came out with 2 kinds.. mine is the later model.. Courtosey of Dr Honda who is an awesome wealth of honda information.. he said taht the computer resets the alert when the circuit is restored. Which is why the light goes out again.

Anyways thats the diag on my prob that may be similar to yours.. I got told its not very cheap to get a collar replacement and that i should likely wait till its really bad and the light is on frequently before replacing it.

Good luck dude!.. and remember only crash your car when the light is off (j/k)

n4sa
15-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks guys :)

edw-R
25-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Becareful!! Your SRS is not working now. Go honda dealer to test it. Good luck!!