PDA

View Full Version : Smashed side mirror...

Calvo
11-10-2004, 10:09 PM
some stupid motorbike rider smashed my drivers side mirror off completely just then, and drove off...

fuking hell.

anyone kno where i can get accord spare parts?? like the whole entire drivers side mirror has been taken out. i had to cut the wire so it wasnt just hanging there. all i need is the actual holder, like the triangle corner peice with the bottom peice that attaches too the mirror.

ill take some pics 2morrow.

Type R Positive
11-10-2004, 10:11 PM
honda dealers would be the only place, but it is going to cost you. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Pum[Z]
11-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the misfortune...

Check out Honda Wreckers to see if they sell any... Lucky ur car aint a Accord Euro if not u would have to buy it from Honda themselves...

In perth we have HonBits which is spare parts shop for Honda's. Don't know if u have something like that in the east coast....

Type R Positive
11-10-2004, 11:01 PM
My bad, assumed you had a Euro. Yeah mate, wreckers. Ring around, search, do what ya gotta do.

Bol
11-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Crap, i threw one out the other day after my mirror broke - but the triangle plate was intact.

I got a new mirror and plate for $150, so it should be fairly cheap as long as you can buy the plate seperately.

Just curious how did the plate brake but the mirror was fine...?

Oh, i got it from a place in Silverwater or homebush... ill try find the name.

ECU-MAN
12-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi Calvo

I got a spare mirror, Just dont know which side it is, its sherwood Green, PM me if your interested.

W8-4ME
13-10-2004, 12:35 PM
some stupid motorbike rider smashed my drivers side mirror off completely just then, and drove off...

Sounds like you cut him off and he felt like you nearly killed him....
If you forced me off the road on my Bike i would do the same and i have done in the past....sorry but i value my life.

Look out for Bike riders....There are some dickheads on two wheels tho

Dominik
13-10-2004, 12:44 PM
I dont know, but i have seen some bike riders come awefully close to my mirrors while they are ducking through traffic waiting at the lights. I have actually spoken to one bike rider who admitted to taking off wing mirrors while trying to get to the front of the line. That pisses me off...

And even if he did accidently nearly force him off the road; damaging his car is roadrage, and shouldnt be tolerated. When i was driving my dad's Niki (smaller than a Mini), i was nearly run off the road by a bunch of harley drivers... I didnt follow them and try to smash their bikes to pieces! All he needed to do was stick his finger up at him or beep or something. Damaging someone's car is LOW

Did you get his plate Calvo? Cops will usually chase people like that down for you, and if not the cops, then at least your insurance company. Also, try Honbits for parts; they have a few Accords out front

W8-4ME
13-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Yepp i agree there are quite a few dickheads on two wheels
I dont go between traffic because i have seen bikes squeezed between two lines of traffic when i have been in my Car .....But that is the bike riders fault for putting himself in that situation.

BUT if i am forced off the road while travelling at 80 plus that is my life!!!
I have a very good chance of being killed or be imcompacitated
So ill say it again sorry ...but if this is done to me i will take your mirror off.
My life is worth more than a mirror, Besides if you dont look in your mirrors and do this you shouldnt have them because you obviously dont use them.

I also have a HR licence and drive trucks, I see tooooo many near misses

Type R Positive
13-10-2004, 02:14 PM
The bad riders far out way the good ones in my view. If one took off my mirror, They better watch themselves and be prepaired for the consequences if I caught them.

I see too many cutting through traffic and how the hell are you supposed to see them? They obviously don't value their lives, so why not help them along?

|N|
13-10-2004, 02:43 PM
hit and run... not the rite attitude isnt it... um.. try honbits in syd... they r at smithfielf they can deliver it to ur door for like $10 or sth .... or pm McChook.... he is very likely to get u one for good price

Calvo
16-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Sounds like you cut him off and he felt like you nearly killed him....
If you forced me off the road on my Bike i would do the same and i have done in the past....sorry but i value my life.

Look out for Bike riders....There are some dickheads on two wheels tho
ill tell the story:

i did cut him off sort of, but it was his own damn fault. i was turning right, from a ONE lane turn right, then after u turn right theres 2 lanes for u too pick, seeing as im the first car in front i should be able to pick which lane i want to go in, but this dickhead thought he woulda come around me on the LEFT lane then try to cut infront of me while i was turning right, but unfortunately he didnt get infront of me in time, so he had nothing but a gutter and a pole staring him in the face.
he slowed down, went behind me and came up my right side, smashed my mirror and pissed off.
now, this deadshit was in the wrong in the first place. doing sumfin like that is fking dangerous, and u can only blame urself if u hurt urself/die coz of ur own fking stupidity. this guy better hope i dont see him in my area, coz im damn sure he lives in my area... he's gonna wish he never done that... ever.

Type R Positive
17-10-2004, 02:00 AM
You should knock his mirror off his bike. If he comes off, that's too bad.

W8-4ME
18-10-2004, 07:00 AM
ill tell the story:

i did cut him off sort of, but it was his own damn fault.

I agree that was uncalled for and you have every reason to be pissed !!

I have only taken one mirror off and that was because i had to hit the front brake so hard at 110 Ks (on a freeway over taking slowly with other traffic) that my back wheel lifted
Let me tell you .....PRETY FU@KIN SCARY......
I could have easily came off beside him and have the traffic behind clean me up.
My heart was thumping and i was pissed off to the max (if there were lights i would have pulled him out of his car)
I dumped it 3 gears and punched his mirror off and screamed past on the back wheel

Bike riders like the one you met..... wont last long... he will probably kill himself ....or worse still some one else ....lbut the guy that kills him will have to live with it wether he was in the right or not and that realy sucks.
One day he will pick on someone and get his ass kicked ;)
Karma comes to all.

aka_NSX
18-10-2004, 08:49 AM
CALVO why don't you contact robert @ hannys he knows honbits well, he might be able to help u . . .

Calvo
18-10-2004, 05:58 PM
im hopin ill see him in my area sometime soon...

Lasky: ill prob be gettin a mirror of ECU-MAN now anyways, so its all good.