PDA

View Full Version : LS Starting issue

kikxz
21-11-2008, 08:27 AM
im not entirely sure what the problem is but i feel as its an electrical issue.. here it is
The other day i finished work after leaving the car sitting for 4 hours.. i tried starting the car (earlier today it started perfectly)

after the first few cranks of the car it still doesnt want to keep running..
the problem is that i turn the key engine starts for about 2-3 seconds and then dies again over and over again no matter how many times you try and start it.. the only different thing ive done is put water into the battery. I started the car numerous times today but it never happend.

the only way for me to get it started was to turn the ignition and punch half throttle while starting.. so once the car actually starts its idling at around 2-3k rpm with my foot down on the throttle...

one day it starts as normal then the other day like today it gave me problem to start. Once it starts my FITV vavle works because my car sits at 1.5k to start...and i do hear my fuel relay prime so it cant be the main fuel relay

any hints as to what it could be

string
21-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Have you replaced the main relay to be totally sure? I bet that's exactly what it is. Engine starting then dying 2-3 seconds later is a classic symptom.

FR33K
21-11-2008, 12:00 PM
lol this is about thread number 50 about this problem.............

kikxz
21-11-2008, 12:20 PM
it isnt my main relay.. its happening first time in the morning when i first start the car...and still when i leave the car after a drive for hours and i have changed my main relay not long ago ... plus i can hear my fuel pump prime...

if it was my main relay it wouldnt be able to start at all even with half thottle to get the car running

kikxz
21-11-2008, 04:17 PM
i had a look at my ECU light and it keeps on flashing quick
but i dont know how much its going to because i counted the single flashes it kept going after 10 so anyone know about DA ECU's and how to tell when there is a break in the numbers? etc

im thinking it could be 2 ) oxygen sensor B

could that be an issue for the initial start up problem ?

FR33K
21-11-2008, 07:03 PM
the break in the flashes is the length of the flash
ie long long long = 3
short short = 2
so its code 32
etc
and when it starts again there will be a pause