PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my car..

omarahad
21-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Hello everyone..

im not good with cars, i have a Honda Integra DA9 with a JDM B16a engine in it... but im really not sure to do next... i know i wana get an air filter.. but i want more acceletation and i want to know how much im looking at paying to get it... so can anyone give me some advise. it would be greatly appreciated.
i dont want to spend too much and if i can get second hand done.. im down.
i want more acceleration and i want to feel it.

thank you :)

Chi
21-11-2008, 12:29 PM
u kan jus7 bi the pod filta and hav da costum pipe making for you to using.

butt wot ish ya budjet befour peepol recumend you mall stuffe.?

omarahad
21-11-2008, 12:31 PM
wow... lol i had to read that twice.. haha
ummmmm i dno where to get from.. what its like... do you mean metal piping :$ i dont know these things? prolly $500-$600.... something along those lines. Full..

4p1ay
21-11-2008, 12:35 PM
any other mods so far? ie exhaust?

omarahad
21-11-2008, 12:37 PM
yeah it does.... i think :S lol apparently it doesnt. so thats one option. im really bad with cars. PLEASE NOTE..

Limbo
21-11-2008, 12:41 PM
just a filter anywhere from $20 to $300 depending on what you want.
On a honda its a good start. Or the other thing go replacement K&N filter $80 or so.

beeza
21-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Can you find exactly what mods (if any) it has at the moment.

And time to start learning ya self mate.No good people spouting off a bunch of words that's just gonna leave ya confused.

Read read read bro!

omarahad
21-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Okay B16a JDM engine with exhaust.... nothing else. stock ecu...

VTECMACHINE
21-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Motec exhausts are great.

But sometimes cause the square metal grate that all cars have on the floor of their cars to fall off under the car.

tiksie
22-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Motec exhausts are great.

But sometimes cause the square metal grate that all cars have on the floor of their cars to fall off under the car.

And a stand-alone fuel management system..

Headers and a pod shouldn't set you back too much.. I have no idea on prices for headers on a DA9 but It shouldn't be more then $200 and about $150 for cold air intake setup.

xntrik
23-11-2008, 06:12 AM
yeah it does.... i think :S lol apparently it doesnt. so thats one option. im really bad with cars. PLEASE NOTE..

what.

night_wolf
24-11-2008, 09:56 AM
a air intake alone cannot increase your performance. it will make a difference which i shall agree too but since you already have an exhaust you might as well get aftermarket headers and ARC air intake is the best way too go. but mind you it will cost a pretty penny. but i have seen ARC air intakes (2nd hand) go for about 300 bux. pod air intakes are OK but the air intake depends on the placement (custom long arm or short arm) whereas the ARC air intake has a intake horse that goes to the front bumper and also the ARC box allows air to flow in from other directions which is what you need in a after market cold air intake.

hope that helps

civicluv
26-11-2008, 09:51 AM
If your after more response go for a short ram intake. I paid $250 for polished stainless steel piping, new pod filter, installment and labour.

It also boosts the kw's a lil bit.

night_wolf
27-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay B16a JDM engine with exhaust.... nothing else. stock ecu...

is it just an exhaust or is it with an after market B pipe as well?

denrie
30-11-2008, 01:41 PM
b20 block if u want more torque and acceleration :P

kriZy
02-12-2008, 09:37 AM
i reckon you should upgrade your brakes and suspension and get great handling out of your car. then move onto power mods like air filter with CAI 3" pipe from Super Cheap for about $15. After that maybe your ignition coils (Crane Cams LX9 $80?) and ignition leads ($70) and NGK Iridium spark plugs ($20 each)? Then go for headers with your exhaust. all cheap mods yo!

VtiKid
02-12-2008, 11:43 PM
the I/H/E principal is the best to follow for mods to begin with, first of the car needs to breathe so we put in an intake whether it be SRI (short ram intake) which usually means the airpod sits in the engine bay, or CAI ( Cold Air Intake) which usually means a long pipe that sits either at the bottom of the engine bay or behind the front bar somewhere up 2 u, then do headers which i would reccomend 4-2-1 for mid range and finally exhaust in ur case id do either 2 1/4" piping or 2 1/2' piping depending if u want top end or mid and also if ur guna wack cams on later on n etc if u are go 2.5''.. i personally have a b16a2 crx n gettin 2 1/4 inch catback... so all these mods probably cost ya around"

Intake :

SRI= 100 -250
CAI= 200- i think ive seen ones for 500

Headers: Get some el cheapo onez for around 260
or some branded onez above that

Exhaust:
im gettin mine custom made for around 350bux 2 1/4" for a nice solid tone n decent gains :) remember if the piping is to big u lose power and if its to small u restrict it so choose wisely:)

Hope that helps, im still gettin to know alot about these beautiful cars so i hope this helped a bit along with everyone elses piece