PDA

View Full Version : Noise from air-con fan

SiR
06-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Everytime I turn on the fan/air-con, there's this ticking sound which resembles the fan spinning and hitting a tiny pebble/rock. That makes sense to me cos I only noticed this noise after parking on a coarse gravel laden road.

What should I do? Is there a way I can get rid of the tiny rock myself, or will I need to have the the fan area serviced?

Thanks.

MTX BOY
13-11-2003, 06:18 PM
um i have sorta the same problem but it only comes sometimes..when it comes i just turn the fan off 4 a little bit and then its gone after. but im not sure with yours..you should try shine a torch in or take it apart if u can. but let me know how you go! :D

SiR
14-11-2003, 12:53 AM
That sounds exactly like the problem I have...say I have the fan turned on at 1 and the noise comes on, I switch to 3 or 4 for a few seconds, switch back to 1 and it's gone.

I would take it apart if I had the know-how, but since I don't, I was actually hoping someone could give me some advice on this matter.

SPEEDCORE
14-11-2003, 02:51 AM
:shock: My G/F's EK4 has the same problem............... on the left hand side of the cabin.

And I have been meaning to have a look at it for the last 4 months! :wink: