PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

BBC03
12-10-2004, 01:11 AM
i think i might have damaged my head unit...so thinking of going to Honda service to have it checked and probably repair it....but worried about the warranty is the head unit covered?
i did some mod on my car: 17" wheels, lowered springs, cat back exhaust and serviced it at other place (not Honda service).....will this void my warranty?
how much is it to repair the head unit??

(its not that bad...it will not work for couple hours or a day max..all buttons not working except for the volume and eject, even the clock hangs and doesnt show up on the display....But can still hear music)

TypeG
12-10-2004, 01:14 AM
it should cover yr warranty since all mod is not relate to yr headunit

MRFIT
13-10-2004, 12:34 AM
but what mods WILL void ur warranty?

TypeG
13-10-2004, 12:38 AM
warranty is seprate into different section
like if u change yr springs, u will void yr warranty on suspension but i cant think any reason y the warranty for cd player will be voided as well
i never ask for warranty repair, anyone can correct me?

Catcha
13-10-2004, 01:28 AM
it should cover yr warranty since all mod is not relate to yr headunit

don't know how much of a prick your honda dealers are....but they should just fix it under warranty....they might try and say you have void the whole warranty but...hey if they do since wheel are not related to stereo...should have no problem if you do....tell them you take them to consumers affairs that will get them fixing it straight away.......

Heard of a friend of a friends engine stuff up 50g car ...he had it modified already..but they said since he modified his exhaust it was void...he threaten to take them to consumer affairs... they sent the engine from japan and replaced it

Jus-10
13-10-2004, 08:26 AM
As TypeG said, your mods only impact the warranty on those particular areas that are modified. 1 simple mod does not void the entire warranty on the car.

But as Catcha said, depends on how much of a prick the dealer is. Think of it like insurance...they will always try and find a way to get out of it if they can (they are losing money afer all), so it just depends on how pushy and persistant you are.

Kit
13-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Are you in Sydney?

I remember once, my stock headunit stuffed up in my Civic... but i was preparing to change the headunit anyway, so I took my car down to Trivett Classic in Parramatta, told them my headunit stuffed up, they had a look and said they would order a replacement...

I told them that I wanted to change my headunit anyway, and asked if i can change my headunit and just swap the faulty one with the new one. to which they said yes.

So, in the meantime I changed my headunit, so when the stock replacement arrived, I just took the headunit to them and swapped it for a new one over the counter!

but back then I had a service history with trivett.

i think back then my car had an exhaust too.