PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Dealer underbody protection option

aaronng
12-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi,

Has anyone bought the underbody protection from the dealer? Is it worth it or will the other parts of the car break down before the underbody does?

What are your opinions?

Aaron

cardio
12-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Dude:

Dont bother with the crappy dealer protection. Its just an attempt to make up any extras they gave you in the deal. If you do a search on the internet..many sites including drive.com.au say that current modern paint, underbody protection is very good. and you dont need the dealer one

cardio

aaronng
12-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Okok. Thanks man!

Type R Positive
12-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Don't buy any extra's from the dealer!!! You can get everything for soooooo much cheaper. I don't understand what you mean by underbody protection. If you mean rustproofing, the electronic units are very cheap, you can pick them up for as cheap as $150. My honda dealer wanted over $2000. Paint protection is the same. I have found the stuff for less than $20 for 250ml. (enough for 2 cars)

http://www.counteract.com.au/product/sealant.html

They have the electronic units for $300. Have a read through their products, it will give you a great idea on what you want / need.

I CU2
23-09-2011, 12:49 AM
IMO, it's a scam along with paint protection.

It's the same as what Type R Positive says, it's better to just do it yourself or get it done after you buy the car as the Honda dealer sends it off to them in the first place anyway.