PDA

View Full Version : my first accident((((((((

OL-Original Legend88
25-11-2008, 10:01 AM
hey guys, got some bad news(((
yesterday when i was coming home from work i was involved in an accident.
imagine: 3 lanes, im in the far right with the least amount of traffic, the other 2 lanes are full, some guy(asian) decides to pull into my lane without waiting for me to stop (didn't even c if he was indicating or not because there were so many cars) i slam on my breaks and hit his drivers side door with my front left corner. So i get out of my car wanting to smash his face in and he tells me "i give u signal"(Asian accent) i was like wtf LOOK IN UR FRIGIN MIRROR.
after i left the scene of the accident ive noticed that my break pedal is going down to the floor too easily, then i notice that its spaying like no tomorrow, so i call up my mechanic after hours so that he could check it out. drove it to the shop today, and he tells me that one of the break lines is gone, so im just waiting for the phone call.
damage to my car: 1 smashed clear corner ((((, paint scratched, and no breaks, to fix would cost around 200-300 dollars
damage to his car: drivers side door smashed in with my paint on it))))), to fix would cost around 1000 if not more (it was one of the new toyota camrys)

so all in all GO THE LEGEND)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Mr_will
25-11-2008, 10:12 AM
no good, at least noone was hurt and he is clearly at fault though

aaronng
25-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Get his license details and report it to your insurance company.

SuiJin
25-11-2008, 10:20 AM
he'll be paying for it dude, since u got his driver's door and he's not straight in lane, if u were the one in his rear its arguable and u could lose but he's half half in lane?.

OL-Original Legend88
25-11-2008, 10:39 AM
he'll be paying for it dude, since u got his driver's door and he's not straight in lane, if u were the one in his rear its arguable and u could lose but he's half half in lane?.

yeah he was half in my lane

SuiJin
25-11-2008, 10:45 AM
then he's screwed, make him pay out his ass for repairs all i need to say. cause technically he's not allowed to merge unless u give way.

dwn_boi
25-11-2008, 10:46 AM
yaa jst report it to insurance, u wont be at fault he was merging unsafely lol i know what its like when dickheads dnt pay attn on the road and merge like morons!!

geeang
25-11-2008, 08:07 PM
yaa jst report it to insurance, u wont be at fault he was merging unsafely lol i know what its like when dickheads dnt pay attn on the road and merge like morons!!

Haha poor girl being traumatised for life by the guy riding his bike.

Were any details exchanged in this accident? Because there's not really any mention of it.

OL-Original Legend88
25-11-2008, 08:38 PM
yeah details were exchanged and it was reported to the police

dwn_boi
26-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Haha poor girl being traumatised for life by the guy riding his bike.

Were any details exchanged in this accident? Because there's not really any mention of it.

lmfao yes... everytime i see a bikecycle i get shivers lol

so how is it going, did u contact your insurer?

OL-Original Legend88
26-11-2008, 06:56 PM
its not worth to contact the insurer coz the excess willl be greater than the repair costs

thepope1986
26-11-2008, 07:12 PM
yeah but the other dude has to pay for it. you may have to fork out at first but it will be given back to you when they work it out

OL-Original Legend88
26-11-2008, 09:11 PM
the car is fixed already, just need to replace the front corner thats it, and the scratches will be gone then i repaint the car

jdm_b16a
27-11-2008, 05:28 AM
The main thing is you reported it to the Police but did they actually attend the accident?

I had a similar experience quite a few years ago. I was in the kerbside lane with the middle and inside lanes stopped. As I was coming down a small incline well inside the limit of 60 two non-English speaking dudes in a small van pulled out without indicating. I took avoiding action but ended up hitting the gutter, bending an alloy wheel, and buggering the suspension - tie rod, lca, etc.

The guys drove off and I followed them for two blocks before pulling into a side street. Neither guy spoke English but one of their friends (must have been from one of the shops on Parramatta Road) came running up. I told him what happened, he accepted liability and I showed him the damage. I told him his drivers did not signal.

The problem was I was the only one who suffered damage (due to quick reflexes). If I had my time again, I would just hit them. It would have been about mid vehicle. The Police would have come and I could have got the guy's statement.

Anyway, he gave me his details and promised to pay. Wel,, you can guess what happened. No Police so no pay.

When I took it to my insurance they reneged too and said it was my word against theirs, and when I asked them to take it to court they said they wouldn't as it wasn't worth it and they probably wouldn't win. The other guy told my insurance company I was speeding and they indicated they were changing lanes. Again, only I had damage so they were not concerned about their van.

Needless to say I changed insurance companies but it cost me a couple grand to get fixed and painted, and wheel repaired.

So the lesson is don't trust anyone's word - they'll say anything to not have the Police called and then when they cool down later forget their promises and do anything to get out of paying.

Hope you sort out your own problem - good you called the Police. They have to be good for something!

Peter

OL-Original Legend88
27-11-2008, 06:28 AM
yeah i called the police and they told me that they dont want to come coz everyone is ok ande the cars ccan drive

yorrick
28-11-2008, 10:08 AM
imagine: 3 lanes, im in the far right with the least amount of traffic, the other 2 lanes are full, some guy(asian) decides to pull into my lane without waiting for me to stop (didn't even c if he was indicating or not because there were so many cars) i slam on my breaks and hit his drivers side door with my front left corner.

After deleting most of your post, the part in bold is the clincher of the insurance claim. Use the term "Unsafe changing of lanes" as the other driver crossed the lane lines without checking whether it was safe or not.
Even if he claims that he had indicators on, honking horn and waving his arms to indicate, the road rules clearly state that you must give way to any vehicle already in that lane means it's his fault.

The insurance agent should tell you and him when you make the claim. Unless he chooses to make up a different story - then you will need witnesses (I hope you have a witness?...)

The police will also state this and won't bother attending the accident. As long as you've submitted an Event Report and provide this reference to the insurance company.

Hope this brings a bit of happiness! :)

yorrick
28-11-2008, 10:13 AM
The main thing is you reported it to the Police but did they actually attend the accident?

I had a similar experience quite a few years ago. I was in the kerbside lane with the middle and inside lanes stopped. As I was coming down a small incline well inside the limit of 60 two non-English speaking dudes in a small van pulled out without indicating. I took avoiding action but ended up hitting the gutter, bending an alloy wheel, and buggering the suspension - tie rod, lca, etc.

The guys drove off and I followed them for two blocks before pulling into a side street. Neither guy spoke English but one of their friends (must have been from one of the shops on Parramatta Road) came running up. I told him what happened, he accepted liability and I showed him the damage. I told him his drivers did not signal.

The problem was I was the only one who suffered damage (due to quick reflexes). If I had my time again, I would just hit them. It would have been about mid vehicle. The Police would have come and I could have got the guy's statement.

Anyway, he gave me his details and promised to pay. Wel,, you can guess what happened. No Police so no pay.

When I took it to my insurance they reneged too and said it was my word against theirs, and when I asked them to take it to court they said they wouldn't as it wasn't worth it and they probably wouldn't win. The other guy told my insurance company I was speeding and they indicated they were changing lanes. Again, only I had damage so they were not concerned about their van.

Needless to say I changed insurance companies but it cost me a couple grand to get fixed and painted, and wheel repaired.

So the lesson is don't trust anyone's word - they'll say anything to not have the Police called and then when they cool down later forget their promises and do anything to get out of paying.

Hope you sort out your own problem - good you called the Police. They have to be good for something!

Peter

Pete, the better thing to do is to let the guy hit your car!
At least it's clear cut that they hit your car and you can claim against them. Additionally, if you changed lanes into another vehicle - then it's your fault (unsafe lane change) - not the blithering idi0t who cut into your lane.

The police and insurance agent don't give a hoot on whether you were taking evasive action or not. Just the action of your driving.

The only time in which I would gladly damage my car is if it was a pedestrian crossing the road without looking. At least you can have them as a witless witness ... oh ... and being up on a negligent driving charge is a bit worse than an "at fault" claim!!!

SuiJin
30-01-2010, 10:56 AM
old topic bought fresh, i just got into the same situation. i got the police involved. my front quarter into their back quarter when they changed lanes. question is how would i go about repairs without insurance??

SuiJin
30-01-2010, 10:57 AM
note above cops believe i wasnt at fault. chockablock on the freeway. and lady merged right in front of me, skid marks indicate i was in my lane and she was half half.

OL-Original Legend88
31-01-2010, 04:37 PM
old topic bought fresh, i just got into the same situation. i got the police involved. my front quarter into their back quarter when they changed lanes. question is how would i go about repairs without insurance??

u can always try and fix it urself

dwn_boi
02-02-2010, 12:21 PM
i used a plunger on my first quarter panel incident lOl, it worked on the big part but not so well on the bend