PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Honda Accord V6 wins Drive Car of the year

SiReal
27-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Source: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/MiniSite/MiniSiteArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=59114&MiniSiteID=12

"After putting the local big sixes to the sword, the Honda Accord V6 saw off challenges from supercars and luxury limousines to win Drive’s overall Car of the Year award. "

"The Honda Accord V6, meanwhile, was praised for its incredible value for money when you consider size, equipment and perception of quality (most judges thought it was dearer than it actually was), its powerful yet fuel-efficient engine, and above average driving dynamics for a large sedan."

Congrats to the design team at Honda. :thumbsup:

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Good work Honda.

Honda: 1

Everyone else: 0

rawr
27-11-2008, 09:49 AM
wooh congrats honda!

Hans Bond
28-11-2008, 08:12 AM
finally we've seen honda beats the falcadores :)

dyljoy
05-12-2008, 03:05 PM
nice work, honda!

Type R Positive
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Wheels and co will still give COTY to a falcodore.....

Dotom
09-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Picked up the Age on Sat morning 29th Nov & read car of the year review.
Same Saturday in the afternoon bought one from Eastern Honda, Doncaster & "imported' it to Tasmania after finding a bargain buy on the internet.

The car is absolutely amazing - it replaces my wife's es magna. I was looking for a family size vehicle that offered value for money, front wheel drive v6 with all the benchmark safety features available.

The car is six months old 8,000ks on the clock and in immaculate condition.
The colour is Ruby Red (is this the only one in Oz? I can't get factory colour coded mudflaps...)

I just love driving it, I've yet to work out if the VCM really makes any diffrence to the economy...

dyljoy
09-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Good buy!

Rudy
15-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Picked up the Age on Sat morning 29th Nov & read car of the year review.
Same Saturday in the afternoon bought one from Eastern Honda, Doncaster & "imported' it to Tasmania after finding a bargain buy on the internet.

The car is absolutely amazing - it replaces my wife's es magna. I was looking for a family size vehicle that offered value for money, front wheel drive v6 with all the benchmark safety features available.

The car is six months old 8,000ks on the clock and in immaculate condition.
The colour is Ruby Red (is this the only one in Oz? I can't get factory colour coded mudflaps...)

I just love driving it, I've yet to work out if the VCM really makes any diffrence to the economy...

I saw that also. You did indeed get a fantastic buy!! And I think thats the only red colour accord in the country. Hope your enjoying it.