PDA

View Full Version : srs help???

fays88
28-11-2008, 02:28 PM
i got a 96 EK VTi...about 5 months ago i pulled out the stock steering wheel with the airbag, free spin thingy and disconnect the srs wiring on the back of the cluster to get rid of the light...
and i want to put everything back together... but when i put everything back and tried to reset of SRS using wire, the light didnt turn off to go on the next step... car 's never been on an accident... can anyone help me?
cheers guys!

ECU-MAN
28-11-2008, 03:37 PM
did you short the yellow SRS check connector, not the blue SCS

did you have any crashes with the non srs wheel on

is the SRS ecu connected.

thepope1986
28-11-2008, 04:41 PM
that spinny thing you refer to is called a clock spring. you probably screwed it when you pulled the old steering wheel off. there should be a code for it. when you take the wheel off you arent supposed to move it because if you move it too far then put the wheel on you can damage it

fays88
28-11-2008, 10:38 PM
thanx for the reply guys!

yep i short the yellow one... dats da one in da fuse box yer????...and nope i didnt have any accident... the clock spring is working fine... i tested the wire if theres any disconnection... and there isnt any.. so yer..is there any other way to check the clock springs???

and whats this code thing? how can i get it??? cheers...

fays88
28-11-2008, 10:41 PM
noob question guys!! but which one is the connection of "SRS ecu" excatly???? thnx...

ECU-MAN
01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
SRS ECU is under the heater box, the connector is on the pasangers side.

make sure its connected

fays88
02-12-2008, 06:58 AM
do i have to just connect it? and short the srs or do i have to short the srs ecu too???

cheers mate

ECU-MAN
02-12-2008, 08:07 AM
what im saying is make sure the main SRS ecu is connected.

If it was disconencted and your SRS light stays on then try to clear the SRS code.

AutoNoob
02-12-2008, 10:17 AM
mines on as well, i think im gonna get some black isolation tape and cover the light up.

No idea why the light is up, I once removed the SRS connector to install my REV clock thing. Then when i went away for 4 months and came back, this light is on.