PDA

View Full Version : Where do you mount the underdash fusebox to on an EG?

Paul1985
28-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey,
My cars been in bits for like 2 years and i should have taken note of these little things lol...

Trying to neaten up the wiring and mount the fusebox is a bit of a pain at the moment..

I know that one side mounts to the dash mount bracket. But hows the other side mount up???
Is there a bracket i probably have lying around i need to find?

If so what does it look like?

Thanks alot as im really stuck with this at the moment... I do have everything zip tied, but i wanna get it all sorted a little bit better.

Paul.

SuiJin
28-11-2008, 03:51 PM
hey paul wanna drive into melb and help us out with our car, i'll check the harness thing for you when i get home, but i tihnk the eg6 i remember mine was hooked up with cable ties LOL!

Paul1985
28-11-2008, 04:00 PM
whats wrong with your car???

SuiJin
28-11-2008, 04:13 PM
needs an engine swap, probably wont be a k-series like urs is lol gangster.

jdm_b16a
28-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I know that one side mounts to the dash mount bracket. But hows the other side mount up???
Is there a bracket i probably have lying around i need to find?
Paul

Paul, the underdash fusebox should have two mounting points. On the right as you look at the fuses there is a plastic tab that bolts up underneath. On the left is a dogleg shaped metal bracket that goes up to another mounting point.

In the photo below, you can see the grey tab on the right, and the bracket on the left. It has some wiring fixed to it.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/infotechplus/B16A/IMG_2209.jpg

Hope this helps you out.

Peter

Paul1985
28-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks Peter.
I'll have to have a look around the garage for that bracket. I must have it somewhere.