PDA

View Full Version : bucket seats?

ozi_crx
28-11-2008, 06:11 PM
i wanna buy bucket seats for my crx, just wondering are there specific brand seats that like suit honda? and they are fibre glass does that make a difference?

hisoka
28-11-2008, 06:18 PM
nah no differece just weight wise really, you just need rails that suit your crx, i think its EF rails if its old civic, and i dunno what rails fit the new crx.

but yer the tader SEEKER motorsport has the rails and the seats you need.

to answer your question but, Spoon seats suit honda, but brides or recaros can aswell just depends on rails.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/phunhaus/Japan%202007/IMG_3208.jpg

tiksie
28-11-2008, 06:23 PM
And if you don't want to spend a fortune on seats and rails, you can buy reclinable bucket seats from like Autobarn for like $400 for the pair with universal rails which only need abit of modifying to fit your car.

Cheers

ozi_crx
28-11-2008, 06:31 PM
nah no differece just weight wise really, you just need rails that suit your crx, i think its EF rails if its old civic, and i dunno what rails fit the new crx.

but yer the tader SEEKER motorsport has the rails and the seats you need.

to answer your question but, Spoon seats suit honda, but brides or recaros can aswell just depends on rails.

how bout monza bucket seats? they got them 500 for the pair at repco and comes with a free monster taco!

night_wolf
28-11-2008, 06:54 PM
firstly is your car a daily? if you better settle with a reclinable bucket seat with full cushion. its more comfortable and still does the job of a full bucket seat.http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7369/brideergo2blackleathersgv0.png

if you go with a full bucket seat like sparco bride veilside etc you will truly hate it after a while cause the seat is designed for racing not daily driving. due to lack of cushion is the main cause of this but you can buy extra cushions but IMO it really doesnt help.
http://www.rhdjapan.com/images/product/29643/Image/Normal/Image.jpg

moza and brands at autobarn are alright but not really as good as bride bucket seats. but then again you get what you pay for.

hope this helps.

ozi_crx
28-11-2008, 07:31 PM
yer man does help me alot,

cheers

g.ta
28-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Any bucket seat will fit, its just a matter of buying rails to suit your car and your seat ie. base mount rails for basemount seats or side-mount rails for side mount seat.

I have a fibreglass fixed bucket seat in a daily driven car and its not as bad/uncomfortable as you think, but if your the type that enjoys resting in your car then a reclinable is for you.. sleeping in a fixed back is the worst.

If your the type that worries about legality of your parts, then be aware that most big brands like BRIDE, SPARCO etc. are NOT ADR approved, yet "cheaper" brand like Autecnica are.

hisoka
29-11-2008, 12:27 AM
If your the type that worries about legality of your parts, then be aware that most big brands like BRIDE, SPARCO etc. are NOT ADR approved, yet "cheaper" brand like Autecnica are.

to thread OP, this is the most important issue maybe for you, just remeber you can buy replicas from just jap that will fit your car and ARE adr approved, but the real brides and recaros are not. just something to think about.

imo just get recar replicas if you cant afford real thing. the autobarn ones that come with free tacho will do the job, but i dont like them but you might.

7th Gen
30-01-2010, 02:09 PM
hi hisoka - revive old thread

have you got the details for just jap for the replica ADR approved seats?
cheers

hisoka
31-01-2010, 09:44 AM
i just checked on there site, and it seems they no longer say it is ADR approved, you might have to call them up. i was sure it used to be ADR approved

anyone else know ?

kcokla
31-01-2010, 09:57 AM
yes,
they used to be ADR approved
now - i dont know ,

crazy.ivan
06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
What are everyone's views on replica seats VS genuine? I know that the genuine Sparco, Bride, Recaro etc are more comfortable and last longer, but I don't think I can afford to buy genuine, at least not for a few years. Even so, I would like to have reclining racing seats now, just not sure if the cheaper ones are comfortable/reliable/long lasting enough to buy?