PDA

View Full Version : ARm rest question eg/eh

kcokla
29-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Just got an arm rest for my hatch yesterday, and the arm rest is out of a sedan, obviously an eg,

teh 2 screws that sit below the ebreak are fine, however there are 2 holes in the back towards the sides between teh passenger and driver seats which i cant seem to do anything with,
sure i can put screws in there but they would literally be doing nothing,

just a question what is it connected to/what is different in the sedan to the hatch in this aprticular area?

thanks!

kcokla
30-11-2008, 01:02 PM
bump.
someone?

baeshin
30-11-2008, 01:20 PM
the sedan has those little clip things that the screws go into.. similar to how the screws that hold the front bar up are screwed into.

i got the armrest thing to but cbb to install, i was just going to use cable tie cus cbf

kcokla
30-11-2008, 03:15 PM
i think i know where ur talking about
however im refering to the very very back of the armrest it self,
it has 2 holes on teh side
what is differnt about the sedans/what am i missing to stablize it at the back
its already been fitted, but its not stable at the back, ie i can lift it up a little

baeshin
30-11-2008, 03:19 PM
i already know what ur asking,

if u look at that back part, look underneath it, theres 1 spot on either side of the bracket to hold the armrest one down to, just not the thread for the screws to go into which is why u need those clips

kcokla
30-11-2008, 10:52 PM
mmm
where do i get the clips?
any pictures anyone ?

Spoon SiRG
01-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Your armrest console should've come with the proper rear stabilizing bracket. It replaces the thin one that is bolted on to your handbrake. Go to the wreckers or wherever you got your armrest console from,you'll need to unbolt it from the donor car.