PDA

View Full Version : Front speakers replacement for 1994 Civic??

P4T
29-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi all,

Could anybody pls give me some advices how to replace the front speakers of the 1994 Civic!!! Or pls post the repair manual picture of the front door!!!

By the way, is the 6-inch speaker suit to this car???

Thx,

I heart the SSS
29-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey dude..

Take the plastic surronding off the door handle... its one screw.

Also take the one screw off the power windows assembly / door cup.. Remove this trim and unplug your power windows.. the plug has a clip on it.

from here, open the door fully and remove the plastic screw on the inside of the door trim (thats sit aganist the dash, the door trim has a indent)

Then give it a good tug once everything above has been removed and it should come off. It's basically clips from here on, so don't be scared you're going to break it!

The front speakers are 6 inch :)

Hope that helps!

P4T
29-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks a lot mate!!

simonnowis
29-11-2008, 11:07 PM
yup, as above mentioned, just follow his steps and you should figure out by looking.
also, dunno about eg, but on ek you have to take the sidemirror plastic backing off as the trim pulls out of the clips then is lifted up to take off.
can sum1 with eg confirm?

I heart the SSS
29-11-2008, 11:15 PM
When you kinda of pull the trim off, the plastic triangle for the side mirrors comes off too..

But, as above, you can choose to remove it before the door trim itself!

Either way :)

Red_EG4
30-11-2008, 01:37 AM
The front speakers are 6 inch :)
were yours 6 inch from factory Justin?
Mine certainly weren't. I have 6.5 inch in now and they need a spacer to clear the window.

tiksie
02-12-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't think they're standard 6", probably 5" ?

I heart the SSS
02-12-2008, 06:31 AM
were yours 6 inch from factory Justin?
Mine certainly weren't. I have 6.5 inch in now and they need a spacer to clear the window.

Mine where 6 inch, and cleared the window fine.

If you have epic speakers with epic magnet size, i presume it may be differnet Rodney?

:S LOL not sure

Red_EG4
02-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't think they're standard 6", probably 5" ?
Just measured them, 4.5".

Mine where 6 inch, and cleared the window fine.

If you have epic speakers with epic magnet size, i presume it may be differnet Rodney?

:S LOL not sure
Yes Justin, I'm sure it all depends on the performance of the speaker and the manufacturer. Some are quite tall with a big magnet and some are shorter.