PDA

View Full Version : cl9 euro window inside rubber strip

unity
30-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Could some one please tell me what the inside rubber strip at the base of the window is called?

Also could some one please tell me the part number and the cost for this item?

Thanks, Unity

unity
01-12-2008, 09:13 AM
It would have the same name in any car. Any one know what it is called?

simonnowis
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
u mean the rubber channels? for mine I just took my car to honda and they ordered the part for me.

unity
01-12-2008, 10:16 AM
yes it's the inner rubber one that runs horizontally along the window seal.
Mine has been cut away at the bottom (the part you can't see from the outside) causing wind noise and a bad window rattle. It has been done by one of the Honda dealers. I have to investigate to find which one.

VTECMACHINE
01-12-2008, 12:19 PM
I took apart my door in my DC2R, and found the window rubber lying at the bottom of the door.

I then went out to buy some 2 part epoxy glue. Laced the side with the exoxy glue, and stuck the strip back in place. Takes around about an hour if you take your time, and doesn't cost more than $6.00.

unity
01-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I thought the strip is held on by clips? I'd like to do it myself but every time I open something up I usually make it worse. Anyway on of the Honda dealers has caused my problem so I am expecting a free fix.

VTECMACHINE
01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
It could held on by clips in the Euro... in the DC2R it's held on by Glue. It's a bit fiddly... but very DIY'able.

unity
01-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Didn't you notice earlier it had fallen off? You would have heard some wind noise or even a rattle? I just found out that lousy piece of rubber would cost $51 just for the part.

VTECMACHINE
01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah it fell off a while ago. If you take off the door panel, you'll find the metal strip lying on the floor of your door. The window rattles as it is now hitting the metal railing, rather than running/sitting along the rubber which should run along the metal railing. It is more noticable if your window is down and you close the door. It'll make a loud bang noise. There will also be more wind noise, at higher speeds, which is quite annoying. It's not baddddd, but you run the risk of chipping the window, and it's just plain annoying...

Any capable mechanic will be able to fit the existing rubber to the window railing, much cheaper than the part alone.

Here is an article of how to fix this problem on an DC2 Integra (http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=552), it should be similar on a Accord Euro.

This is what I used to stick the rubber in place:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/861/image027yh5.jpg

unity
01-12-2008, 02:30 PM
yes good stuff that araldite. How's it holding so far?

VTECMACHINE
01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Perfectly fine...