PDA

View Full Version : HSD Coilovers advice

theuan101
01-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I am looking in getting some coilovers for my DC2 VTiR, and have been researching the last two weeks, and I want to know if anyone has experience with HSD coilovers? I don't have the budget for Cusco (The ones I want) And these ones don't sound too bad? Would the be comfy driving street only? Would the be too stiff? Or are they no good??

Cheers
Juan

VTECMACHINE
01-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I recently drove my mates DC2R with HSD's. Didn't like them one bit. Too hard for street driving, and i'm sure they won't be too good on a track surfact either. Not a nice firm... but it feels like springs are too hard for the damper. Similar to BuddyCrap Racing Spec Dampers.

I personally would stay away from them. Unless you like very hard coilovers, and it's for chilled street driving, and you want to lower your car. I rate Koni's more so than these, and I think that says alot (Flame suit on).

IEVAQ8
01-12-2008, 12:29 PM
yeh, same as VTECMACHINE, i been in my mate jdm dc2r with HSD coilovers and man they are so stiff and annoying............but everyoine to there oen taste

theuan101
01-12-2008, 12:41 PM
What koni combo do you recon then? My front left shock is leaking and the spring is sagging as well, car sits on a angle lol! where whould I have to go I am in brisbane?? And what price range are they?

theuan101
01-12-2008, 12:44 PM
What else is there for around the 1.4k mark max??

VTECMACHINE
01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I would say spend a bit more and looking to BuddyClub N+, or Tein Super Streets.

IEVAQ8
01-12-2008, 03:26 PM
yeh, tein super streets for the win...............i got them in my dc2r and i drive it daily on damper settings: 6 clicks from hardest setting, and i love them, not too harsh for daily driving and i even used the same settings on my street tyres at winton and was a happy camper.........lol