PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Euro? [RANT]

EuroAccord13
13-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Ok Euro Owners...

Any problems you found of late?

I am seriously thinking I am not lucky with this car....

Here is a collection of mine..

Faulty CD Player - FIXED

Driver side window creaks and screech and moves the door panels - Took it to dealer but problem is back again

Gearknob damaged on delivery - FIXED

A Pillar squeaking - Can't find the fault by the dealer

Console squeaks - Some excuses made by the dealer...

Wind noise from driver side window is getting louder....

Latest Problem - Shallow console in the center console pops up, won't hold down to clip...

Aircon makes a funny noise, you know how you can control where the air blows in the car, well, mine is like stuck between two settings and it's trying to move between the two when the aircon is off...

I got rear ended and front ended by other cars... paintwork damage only.. My car's got spilled all over with Diesel and damaged my wipers and paintwork when the Monash Freeway had a truck accident (Melbournians will know which one, the truck went through the divider). I got stoned by this truck who damaged my paintwork and windscreen.. This car is seriously UNLUCKY FOR ME!

End Of Rant.....

This is possibly a Vodka Induced Thread.. Sorry...

yfin
13-10-2004, 07:50 AM
I am not sure if this is a fault but..

I set the climate control to a temperature (say 26 degrees). The fans blow out hot air as normal. Then if I turn the climate control to "OFF" i can still feel hot air coming through the vents. It is not temporary either - it will blow hot air at the last set temperature despite being "OFF". The only thing I can do to fix this is turn the climate control back on and then turn the temperature down (then to OFF).

Has anyone else noticed this?

Sorry to hear about your accident Nick.. and by the way - how can you hear all those sqeaks and rattles over your cold air intake!

baboo
13-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I got some issues too.

- louder than usual injectors noises...really noticable, my friends accord doesn't have this sound.
- A pillar rattles only when the car going up the driveway, I guess it's the body flex.
- Rear C pillar rattles constantly going a speed.
- front driver & passenger door panel rattles.

Most recently the window tint has scratches in them...

Arrrrhh..I guess it's warranty time.

yfin: I didn't know we can turn the climate control off. If you set at 26 degrees, it'll go to 26 degree no matter if you have A/C on or off.

aaronng
13-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Quick question EuroAccord13, is your car tinted?

yfin
13-10-2004, 10:27 AM
yfin: I didn't know we can turn the climate control off. If you set at 26 degrees, it'll go to 26 degree no matter if you have A/C on or off.

Yeah, there is an "off" button next to "AUTO". The off does jack all for me in terms of temperature control.

civicboy
13-10-2004, 10:45 AM
u should've bought the luxury one ;)

yfin
13-10-2004, 10:50 AM
u should've bought the luxury one ;)

What are you referring to exactly - I am not sure how your comment has anything to do with this thread?

The differences between the standard and luxury are minor. There are certainly no engine or mechanical differences.

baboo
13-10-2004, 11:10 AM
yeah civicboy,

only difference is the electric leather seats, sunroof, HIDs and 50kg heavier.

coladuna
13-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I set the climate control to a temperature (say 26 degrees). The fans blow out hot air as normal. Then if I turn the climate control to "OFF" i can still feel hot air coming through the vents. It is not temporary either - it will blow hot air at the last set temperature despite being "OFF". The only thing I can do to fix this is turn the climate control back on and then turn the temperature down (then to OFF).

That's funny. Firstly, 26 degrees is fairly cool in my car. Definitely no where near what you call 'hot air'. Also, turning off the climate control does work for me. The only air I get is the air coming from outside through the air vent.

yfin
13-10-2004, 12:03 PM
That's funny. Firstly, 26 degrees is fairly cool in my car. Definitely no where near what you call 'hot air'. Also, turning off the climate control does work for me. The only air I get is the air coming from outside through the air vent.

Hmm interesting - it depends on where you live - 26 degrees on a cold day is hot air in Melbourne!

Can you try an experiment for me next you drive the car? Turn your climate control to 31 degrees and run it for a few minutes. Then turn it off. Is the air coming from outside through the air vent outside temperature or around the 31 degrees?

Mine will run at the preset temperature regardless of the air outside - even hours later despite being "off".

Dominik
13-10-2004, 12:52 PM
YFIN/Coladuna... It seems this hasnt been changed since my accord. The Temperature slider/knob/whatever regulates the temperature whether the fan is on or not. When you have turned your fan off, most likely it is still at 'Fresh Air' setting, which feeds fresh air from outside the car, through the temperature regulator then through the fans. If you want no air to come out you need to select 'Recirculate'

Also, in the Euro, does it also automatically choose between Recirculate and Fresh without the possibility of changing it (if you change it, it drops off 'auto' setting)?? The 5th gen does that and it really sucks when it chooses 'fresh air' (sic) in the sydney harbour tunnel. Mmm chocking on exhaust fumes...

I hate that! (sorry, had to rant about something!)

EuroAccord13
13-10-2004, 02:12 PM
I am not sure if this is a fault but..

Actually you don't have to turn the aircon on to get colder air in when the aircon is off.. just turn the knob to the coldest setting... Although the air won't be as cold as the temperature u want but it will be cooler... Whenever the aircon or the fan setting is off, every car will have recirculating air coming in...

As for the recirculating and fresh air issue, I am not sure if the Euro has an auto setting for it but normally, recirculating is not recommended unless the outside air is super duper polluted...

CHEERS
Nick

yfin
13-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks - good point. I always assumed the climate control had to be on to change temperature. I had no idea it works manually as well - ie in the
"off" position.

Dominik
13-10-2004, 03:38 PM
EuroAccord13, have you driven in the Sydney Harbour or M5 Tunnel? Actually, any traffic jam (which i experience twice a day) causes exhaust fumes to get in my car. Its pretty bad...

My last car (Soarer) allowed you to change the setting for Recirculate/Fresh air while aircon was on. It was very cool... With the accord it seems like it only recirculates if the outside temperature is higher than the temperature you have set your aircon on, or something like that (the car decides, and it always seems to decide Fresh). I am pretty sure it defaults to fresh air when you turn it off too (which means there is still air coming in), so you need to change it to Recirculate manually if you want no air coming out.

Surprising, considering this car came from Japan (where most cars require filters in the aircon system to take pullution out of the air).

EuroSip
13-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Sad to say, but maybe you got a lemon....just think of it this way...everything is gonna be good now since that all the bad luck is gone ^^

h22a accord
13-10-2004, 06:50 PM
this is funny reading about euro owners saying there cars are so bad. All these problems with your euros seem to me, to be petty. Your lucky nothing major goes wrong with them like lots of other cars.

"oh, the pen holder is not big enough to hold my pen"

sorry guys , not having a go at euro owners but the accord section of ozhonda is riddled by euro owners saying something bad about their cars.

ffs, its a 45k car, same price as a ford fairmont. go buy a 150k merc, then if u have problems with that i will have sympathy for you. until then stfu

EuroSip
13-10-2004, 07:39 PM
The 7 series in the garage is peppered with little electronic problems....do i get pity now....seriously...they say make little complaints to see if it's natural for the car to have that...not whinging...i mean 45k is a lot of money...you don't want to spend that much and get faults in it...

Dominik
13-10-2004, 07:57 PM
My old boss bought a brand new $220k AMG E55, and for the next 2 months i was working there, he had it for a total of about 3 weeks. The rest of the time it was in the shop for various electrical problems... I think these problems seem pretty minor in comparison!

coladuna
13-10-2004, 11:13 PM
So what it's a 'minor' problem? We all paid for the car with hard earned money and you don't pay money to have problems whether they are minor or not. h22a accord, i think you need to take a chill pill. It's our car and we don't need someone telling us to stop talking about these so-called 'minor' problems when we are the ones who paid for our cars. Besides, anyone would want to ask around if they suspect something's unusual with their car. It's only natural.

PERTH_EURO
14-10-2004, 11:54 AM
I am so happy with my accord. I have not had any of the little issues that I have read on many forums so far... touch wood....

Civic Type R
14-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Timbo, is is back on the road yet mate ?

PERTH_EURO
14-10-2004, 12:15 PM
she is adam... but now back at alberts getting doof re-installed

See her in the flesh PAS 04

euro77
14-10-2004, 10:30 PM
I had the same problem with the shallow tray, and then the tint window being scratched because the door doesn't have the inner felt.

But talking about bad luck, well, I got my car damaged by hail not even a week after I got it, then someone scraped my rear bumper at a mall parking lot. I guess we are in the same boat Nick!

But so far haven't had any more bad luck yet *touch wood*

coladuna
15-10-2004, 06:25 PM
My last car (Soarer) allowed you to change the setting for Recirculate/Fresh air while aircon was on. It was very cool... With the accord it seems like it only recirculates if the outside temperature is higher than the temperature you have set your aircon on, or something like that (the car decides, and it always seems to decide Fresh). I am pretty sure it defaults to fresh air when you turn it off too (which means there is still air coming in), so you need to change it to Recirculate manually if you want no air coming out.

You either don't know how to operate the air conditioning system or you have a problem with your car. Irrespective of whether the air conditioning is turned on or not, you can freely choose to recirculate or get fresh air coming in. If the orange light on the recirculate button is turned on, you won't get fumes coming in. If that doesn't work, something's wrong.