PDA

View Full Version : Rays Lug Nuts

PLSSSE
02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm considering buying a set of Rays Lug Nuts. Are the locking patterns the same on every set? Can anyone who owns a set be able to remove everyone else' who have the same lug nuts?

thanks

trism
02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
well i mean obviously they cant make infinitely different patterns

so there is prob like, 100 diff patterns

so someone will

but it wont be common

Q_ball
02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Actually, rays lug nuts are quite common and quite easily dispatched from the vehicle given that the culprit comes "prepared"

SHOGUNOVDDRK
02-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Ummm

The patterns are not all the same.

I believe (depending on the different type of nuts) there should be 8 different types AND on the Box (for the nuts) it should have a number for which your set is (just incase you lose your key)

As Qbor said.

night_wolf
02-12-2008, 09:51 PM
ummmmmmm.....interesting thing is the security lug nut can be accesed using a similar one. as Qball said Rays lugs are getting pretty common. a garage or tyre shop can access the security key without any damage (correct me if im wrong). if your really really concerned about your wheels gettting jacked you might as well get a good security system in the car one that can detect your car being jacked to seal the wheels. Viper is one such system. :cool:

VTECMACHINE
02-12-2008, 11:58 PM
The lock nut patterns aren't all the same. Someone on JDMST said an amount, but I can't remember. The lock nut is numbered as to which lock nut type you have.

LiL FiLo
03-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm considering buying a set of Rays Lug Nuts. Are the locking patterns the same on every set?

thanks

no theyre not the same on every set
i think off memory they have about 100 different varations of lock nut patterns

Can anyone who owns a set be able to remove everyone else' who have the same lug nuts?

if they have the same lock nut pattern as your then yes they can...

if the instance of someone tryin to jack your wheels, if someone really wants them they'll get them no matter what.