PDA

View Full Version : Which swaybar for dc4?

Tegzieboi_BAR
03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey, im lookin 4 a front swaybar for my dc4 teg n checked out some products by whiteline n found three different types, hav no idea what the difference is n which will fit. The options are:

Swaybar h/duty Blade adjustable VTi-R ball-joint/pin link type 24mm
Swaybar h/duty Gsi double pin link 24mm
Swaybar-X h/duty Blade adjustable Vti-R ball joint/pin link type 27mm

As far as i know the Vti-R n Gsi stock front sways are identical but which of these options will fit right on with no other mods? The prices are very similar so thats not an issue.

Cheers guys, any help much appreciated! :)

midnightdood
27-01-2009, 07:31 AM
It might be an idea to match the front and rear roll rates (carefully) - instead of just swapping swaybars (and hoping).

In the past, i have tried quite a few whiteline swaybars - and it has been abit of a hit and miss (mostly miss - with the adjustments points not being ideal). If you are picky - and want a perfectly setup car - get a fixed bars - for both the front and rear - with both rates matched to your driving preference.

\\\"in general terms\\\" - an increase in front bar diameter - relative to the rear brings on more fun killing understeer (when pushed).

GIPONU
23-05-2009, 07:53 PM
so tegzieboy, wat did u end up getting?
im also doing some search into it rite now.
im plannin on using the rear 22mmand gettin their brace. hopefully it ends up working like a asr.
but i dunno about endlicks though~ i think whiteline suggests that the stock endlinks are ok to use with their upgraded saybars

spardikis
08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I know this thread is old, but....

just make sure u get the right sway bar... one type is connected with a straight vertical pin + bushes inbetween, while another type is connected with a 90degree ball joint and elbow off a vertical pin - ie one will connect horizontally - one will connect vertically.

be sure to select the right one or u will have to custom make/buy another set of end links to suit.