PDA

View Full Version : over boost

myztery
03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
hey ppl....

Got a serious problem, i changed the intercooler to a more larger intercooler...
finished it took it out for a test drive and now instead of 14 pound it goes past 20 pound freaked me out heaps, now to scared to drive it just incase it detonates...

any reason behind this. It has a greddy profec b boost controller

could you relocate this to forced induction if its meant to be there...thank you

turbo convert
04-12-2008, 08:29 AM
well with out investigating the issue properly i would be saying a boost leak. its free boosting

DLO01
04-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Are you sure you have not touched anything else? Check boost source line to wastegate or wastegate actuator. Make sure its connected.

myztery
04-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Are you sure you have not touched anything else? Check boost source line to wastegate or wastegate actuator. Make sure its connected.

cheers man i slept on it last night and just remembered that i didnt connect the hose to the actuator...lol...late night repairs for ya...thanks boys all better now

IEVAQ8
04-12-2008, 10:48 PM
lol.................by right, if u have gone for a larger cooler, and not changed anything else, u will notice a loss in boost pressure...............
----thank god u found the prob.............

myztery
05-12-2008, 12:41 PM
cheers boys i was kikin myself