PDA

View Full Version : ...........................................

underbelly
04-12-2008, 01:38 PM

vampzzz
04-12-2008, 01:42 PM
front lips should be the same, but the coupe's rear lip is different.. and yes, you can get them OEM. front and sideskirts i believe to be standard where as the rear lip on the coupe's are a factory option. I'm not 100% on this but I hope this helps.

coupe's rear lip is way hotter than the EK9 lip anyways :P

trism
04-12-2008, 01:47 PM
foglights depends on facelift/prefacelift

the screen would be the Navigation unit in JDM civs

vampzzz
04-12-2008, 02:01 PM
i dont think foglights came factory fitted. most likely a factory option.

simonnowis
04-12-2008, 02:11 PM
1. the EK9 lip came on the EK9, hence why its called ctr/ek9 lip..but the EM1(99-00) oem lip looks very similar to the ek9 lip.
2. no ek9 lips werent an option, like i said em1 factory lip looks very similar to ek9 lip.
3. correct me if im wrong, but i think ek9 and ek sideskirts are the same, im not sure what you mean by same as audm civic as ek9 wasnt sold here in AU. But if you mean will ek9 rear lip fit audm ek's..then yes.
4. foglights were an option
5. iv seen a few ek double din, but dunno if it was an option here in Au

Gio
04-12-2008, 02:14 PM
1. Where there any other Civics beside the EK9 to receive the EK9 Lip? Not sure

2. Was the EK9 front lip, side skirts and rear lip ever a factory option when purchasing a civic new? I stumbled across this EM1 on carsales and the owner states the car has an "OEM" lip kit. Is this the EK9 lip kit? Yes it is the OEM type r lip, I cant see the rear lip but im guessing it would be the type r rear lip. OEM basically means it’s a factory part.

2. Are the EK9's side skirts and rear lip the same as AUDM civics? Side skirts are the same, the EK9 wasn’t sold here so no AUDM models do not have the lips unless they are brought separately.

4. Did all EK9 come with factory fitted (yellow) fog lights? Or were they a factory option? Unsure

5. What is that screen in the center console? Was it ever available to AUDM Civics? No

Perry
04-12-2008, 04:54 PM
1. ek9 and em1 front lips are the same. 99-00 civic had an option to get the front lip.
2. front lip and side skirts were standard not sure about the rear lip.
4. Fog lights were an option.
5. The screen is the navigation unit which was an option for facelift model ek's in Japan, and it wasnt available for AUDM civics.

NOFX
26-12-2008, 04:35 PM
The front lip that is on the face lifted Civic Type R (EK9) is the same lip that was on the Si/VTi/VTiR (EM1) and the same lip that was optional on other trim levels. The EK9 and EM1 had it standard though.

The rear lip that is on the EK9 was only available on the EK9 ('97-'00).

The sideskirts were the same as any other sideskirt for a '96-'00 Civic coupe/hatch. Most just came unpainted.

Fog lights were factory optional for all trim levels, including the EM1, EK4 and EK9.

The screen in the car shown (Civic ViRS sedan) is the Gathers Navigation Unit for '99-'00 Civics in Japan. The maps will not work in other countries.