PDA

View Full Version : CRX seats

jobbo
04-12-2008, 07:03 PM
hey, does anyone know what seats off other models of honda's will bolt into a 88 CRX? i.e. 90 model civic.... i got s2k seats and im trying to sort out some rails to mount them.... the place im going through just doesnt do 'crx' rails... so if any other seats fit flush it would be awsome to know :D... cheers!!

trism
04-12-2008, 07:30 PM
ef crx

ed/ef civic

not sure if eg/ek seats fit

Dems
04-12-2008, 07:58 PM
they don't, only ed/ef.

jobbo
04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
sweet cheers guys..... muchly appreciated :D

jobbo
05-12-2008, 10:48 AM
ok, still trying to sort this out.... ill give the back story, kinda.... im trying to find some rails, or legal mounts to fit the s2k seats in my CRX.... i found a place that says they do ARD approved rail conversion mount things, but like everything they dont do any for the CRX. so what im after is weather or not CRX seats fit stock into any other car, honda or non honda....
id like to use the stock mounting holes in the chassis, or does anyone else know the legallities when i get around to engineering it?, like how much can i do before the engineer says no f*ing way?

lenz
28-12-2008, 11:38 PM
im about to put ek1 seats into a crx the bolt position inside the seat looks the same using the crx rails.. i give a feed back how i go

pat88c
29-12-2008, 10:39 AM
jobbo pm laun (crx) on crxaustralia about s2k seat conversion he has put s2k seat into to his crx already he may know some that can do the job

jobbo
29-12-2008, 02:49 PM
ive spoken to luan, but seeing as the car is off the road at the moment i have a little time to play around. i spoke to an engineer aswell and he said he would pass it all as ARD if i were to make some brackets for it using the original bolt holes in the CRX, only catch is that it has to be high tensile steel brackets atleast 4mm thick and 20mm wide and it must be welded.