PDA

View Full Version : Racing Seats

doosra
05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm considering of putting in racing seats in the car, however don't want to be spending thousands of dollars.

Have any of you guys have Monza or OBX seats.. ? they're quite cheap.

https://www.americanautos.com.au/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3exec=aap.control&session=1495048607292928&formname=search&newform=product&option=SP2BK

https://www.americanautos.com.au/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3exec=aap.control&session=1495048607292928&formname=search&newform=product&option=OBX-50010R

with the monza ones, i'm thinking the a999bk or a1000CB. Probably the a1000CB as it is reclinable. I've got a black euro with the beige interior atm.

akina
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Need to login...

And if you didn't know, if you get caught on the streets with aftermarket seats. Its a 3 demerit point. Your taking away a safety feature.

EuroAccord13
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
You do realise that the side airbags in the Euro are actually located in the seat itself yeah?

Technically, it is illegal if you remove an existing airbag from the car...

doosra
05-12-2008, 12:54 PM
gotcha... thanks guys.. my minds made up.. i'll pass on seats them = )

The X Man
05-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Racing seats in a Euro... LOL (sorry, couldn't help it)

snYpz
05-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah not a good idea. Im not sure if there is a bypass, but i recall reading that if u change the seats, you disable the airbags and it also disables all other airbags in the car.

munkaii
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I thought they were ok with the standard euros since they didn't have curtain airbags? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

BiLL|z0r
06-12-2008, 01:30 PM
But they do have side airbags in the seats. The curtain airbags are in the A pilar on the Lux and Sport.

EUR003act
06-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah not a good idea. Im not sure if there is a bypass, but i recall reading that if u change the seats, you disable the airbags and it also disables all other airbags in the car.

removing one or two or any number of airbags will not affect the remainder of the system...

I thought they were ok with the standard euros since they didn't have curtain airbags? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

its the side airbags (fitted inside the seats) that you would be removing, and hence, its illegal...

if you want bucket seats - DC5 rsx-s / integra type-R seats have side airbags :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Do it!!!

justin do you know if the connectors to them(RSX recaro w/ side airbags) are the same as the stock euro ones?

EUR003act
06-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Do it!!!

justin do you know if the connectors to them(RSX recaro w/ side airbags) are the same as the stock euro ones?

i think the airbag ones are the same...

if not i have complete wiring diagrams for both the euro and rsx-s :D

Crapdaz
06-12-2008, 09:11 PM
your a crazy one.... damn if only it wasn't illegal i'd love to get a set of brides in my car.....

air23box
07-12-2008, 03:13 AM
DC5R Recaros never come with airbags....only Type S leather seats have side airbags......

EUR003act
07-12-2008, 10:03 AM
DC5R Recaros never come with airbags....only Type S leather seats have side airbags......

i think thats what he meant...

AUDM DC5 2006+ TypeS (we didnt get the typeR) or USDM RSX-S 2004-2007 have leather buckets...

the CANDM RSX-S seats also have seat heaters :thumbsup:
(2006-2007 look the sexiest - have sports perforated leather centres)

Chris_F
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
removing one or two or any number of airbags will not affect the remainder of the system...

are you sure about that?

I've read on tsx.acurazine.com that you have to use a resistor to trick the car into thinking the airbags in the seats are still there. If you don't, apparently none of the airbags will work since they're designed to work as a system.

tron07
08-12-2008, 03:23 PM
are you sure about that?

I've read on tsx.acurazine.com that you have to use a resistor to trick the car into thinking the airbags in the seats are still there. If you don't, apparently none of the airbags will work since they're designed to work as a system.

side airbags can be turn off if you lean on it too heavilly and the side airbag light on the dash will light up.... its not on the same system

aaronng
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
side airbags can be turn off if you lean on it too heavilly and the side airbag light on the dash will light up.... its not on the same system

Similar system. TSX also has the same lean on the side thingy.

EUR003act
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
are you sure about that?

im sure if you remove an airbag the SRS faulty light will come on to say that the system has a fault... and yes a resistor should fix that...

but theres no way honda would design a safety system like that that if in an accident one of the airbag lines was severed that the other 7 would not deploy... that would be extremely stupid...

tron07
09-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Similar system. TSX also has the same lean on the side thingy.

What I meant is that its not a integrated airbag system that if the side is not working, the front does not work either.

Its independant as if the side malfunction, the front still works..

Crapdaz
09-12-2008, 07:44 AM
What I meant is that its not a integrated airbag system that if the side is not working, the front does not work either.

damn imagine it was integrated/dependent then when your in an accident your going to be phukt up!

hisoka
09-12-2008, 08:08 AM
just swap with type S seats, they side airbags aswell.

aaronng
09-12-2008, 08:15 AM

You sure? The side airbag warning is different to the airbag system warning light. Someone has to check which light comes on when you disconnect the side airbags (after disconnecting the battery of course)

Crapdaz
09-12-2008, 08:59 AM
who would want to play around with there safety?

Accord Basic
09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I have installed a bucket seat on my EURO and the dealer said all airbags will not working. the airbag lights. The symbol is an airbag depolyed with a people sit on.

aaronng
09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I have installed a bucket seat on my EURO and the dealer said all airbags will not working. the airbag lights. The symbol is an airbag depolyed with a people sit on.

Thanks for the confirmation. So the whole airbag system is disabled unless you do the resistor trick.

Chris_F
09-12-2008, 01:11 PM
^ that's what the guys in the states have been saying aswell

im sure if you remove an airbag the SRS faulty light will come on to say that the system has a fault... and yes a resistor should fix that...

but theres no way honda would design a safety system like that that if in an accident one of the airbag lines was severed that the other 7 would not deploy... that would be extremely stupid...

In some cases,airbags going off can do more damage to you than the actual accident. When airbags were first used in seats I remember reading that they killed a few crash test dummies by deploying into them.

If there's a major fault in the system (like a couple of airbags missing) it's not unreasonable to think that honda designed the whole system to stop deploying airbags. That's why Honda has sensors in the seats, the side airbags can do a lot of damage if they fire into your rib cage.

Accord Basic
09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
the other question is the seat belt tensioner. will it switched off as well if any of airbag removed and the sigle lights on? please advise. I just used the bucket seat on the event day and very rare to use on road (to & from work and track). ATM, I installed back the stock seat for Christmas out going (many road block & cops). I have read the service manual, a 2 ohm resistor should close a loop. But I don't think it is a good idea bcos, if the sys think is there but actually is not. I think better turn it off and tape/seal all plugs in case water damage. am I correct. please advise if I am wrong.

aaronng
09-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I'd say put the seat on only for track. Use the stock seats for day to day.

EUR003act
09-12-2008, 06:06 PM
^ that's what the guys in the states have been saying aswell

In some cases,airbags going off can do more damage to you than the actual accident. When airbags were first used in seats I remember reading that they killed a few crash test dummies by deploying into them.

If there's a major fault in the system (like a couple of airbags missing) it's not unreasonable to think that honda designed the whole system to stop deploying airbags. That's why Honda has sensors in the seats, the side airbags can do a lot of damage if they fire into your rib cage.

as much as eveyone is saying this... i cant see why anyone would design a system so easy to fall over... itd be like having brakes, that if one rotor is removed, the other three dont function...

im not an engineer or anything, but i cant see the whole system not working...

yes the fault light will come on - because removing an airbag is a big issue as far as the SRS computer is concerned... and yes im sure honda says the system wont work, theyre not exactly going to tell you itll be fine by removing one airbag...

i know im sounding stubborn, everything has fail safes these days, and i cant see honda doing something stupid like that...

if someone wants to sponsor me, ill happily buy an SRS computer / airbags / sensors, and test my theory :p

Chris_F
09-12-2008, 06:25 PM
^ it definitely seems illogical on one level. But consider that misfiring airbags can be extremely dangerous. The safeguard could be that none of the airbags fire if the system is damaged.

EUR003act
09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
^ it definitely seems illogical on one level. But consider that misfiring airbags can be extremely dangerous. The safeguard could be that none of the airbags fire if the system is damaged.

but disconnecting an airbag wouldnt cause a detonation... they require voltage to fire... and considering the front / curtain / side airbags are all on different firing lines, disconnecting a side shouldnt affect a front...

lol but neither of us will ever know... maybe someone call mythbusters? :thumbsup:

Chris_F
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
lol good idea

tron07
10-12-2008, 08:19 AM
as much as eveyone is saying this... i cant see why anyone would design a system so easy to fall over... itd be like having brakes, that if one rotor is removed, the other three dont function...

im not an engineer or anything, but i cant see the whole system not working...

yes the fault light will come on - because removing an airbag is a big issue as far as the SRS computer is concerned... and yes im sure honda says the system wont work, theyre not exactly going to tell you itll be fine by removing one airbag...

i know im sounding stubborn, everything has fail safes these days, and i cant see honda doing something stupid like that...

if someone wants to sponsor me, ill happily buy an SRS computer / airbags / sensors, and test my theory :p

I agree with you... the airbag trigger mechanism is not super complex with so many if and as....

I believe its just a simple systam and that the front bags will trigger even there is no side airbags. There fail save are there so that the bags wouldnt fire off if there is a short circuit or the circuit is not complete. In case of the side airbag, the failsafe is there so that if someone is in the way (leaning on it) it wouldnt fire else it could cause more damage to that person the the crash.

Even so, I wouldnt advise anyone to play with the airbag system or perform any funny mods to it.

Kason
06-05-2009, 08:25 PM
what's the resistor trick for the airbag? also where can you get seat rails our euro, also just wondering if euroR CL7 shares the same railing?

hisoka
06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
what's the resistor trick for the airbag? also where can you get seat rails our euro, also just wondering if euroR CL7 shares the same railing?

yes shares the same railings, but seats are recaros with no airbags

Kason
07-05-2009, 12:38 AM
yes shares the same railings, but seats are recaros with no airbags

i'm planning to fit the bride zeta II bucket seats, where can i get rails for it for it to fit in my euro? also i need to get around that airbag thing?

anyone know what's that resistor trick? can someone explain it?

longers
07-05-2009, 12:59 AM
^ bride make a seat rails for the euro, would have no idea where to source them though.

the resistor trick...i just did it yesterday
what you need is a 5watt 2ohm resistor.
you might find it hard to get that exact one, so a 5Watt 2.2ohm resistor should do at there is a +/- 10% difference in resistance. you should find that the resistor is ceramic.
rom then on its nice and simple, you simply just have to plug the resistor in and the
airbag light should switch off

Kason
07-05-2009, 01:05 AM
^ bride make a seat rails for the euro, would have no idea where to source them though.

the resistor trick...i just did it yesterday
what you need is a 5watt 2ohm resistor.
you might find it hard to get that exact one, so a 5Watt 2.2ohm resistor should do at there is a +/- 10% difference in resistance. you should find that the resistor is ceramic.
rom then on its nice and simple, you simply just have to plug the resistor in and the
airbag light should switch off

Awesome! i never worked with these before, where could i buy it? do i just go to an electronic store like jay car and tell them the spec i need? Do you have a photo of it?

May i ask what seat did you fit in your euro?

longers
07-05-2009, 01:32 AM
yeah just go to jaycar, thats where i got mine from. ask for a 5watt 2.2ohm resistor, make your you reiterate that its 2.2ohms and not 2.2kohms.

i bought the bride cuga of a member here for my accord, but his car was a euro. same rails

BusterSonic12
07-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Awesome! can't wait to see your bucket seat in your euro, Kason :p hope it can cut a few seconds off your lap time haha

aaronng
07-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Awesome! can't wait to see your bucket seat in your euro, Kason :p hope it can cut a few seconds off your lap time haha

Pssst.. .10th July. :p

Kason
07-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Pssst.. .10th July. :p

lol maybe, depends on the price because i still need to saving up tuning for my emanage ultimate and now i have to pay for bride rails to fit the bucket seat in :( and THEN i need to save up for trackday.... but i will see, because Leon's quite keen to go :p

enkay
11-05-2009, 10:01 AM
saw these on the tsxclub site (link to ebay)
JDM Euro-R recaro seats (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Honda-Accord-Euro-R-Recaro-Seat-TSX-CL7-DC5-Acura_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3 a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293 Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZit em2ea516a5d4QQitemZ200338220500QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2867wt_1201)

aaronng
11-05-2009, 10:52 AM
saw these on the tsxclub site (link to ebay)
JDM Euro-R recaro seats (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Honda-Accord-Euro-R-Recaro-Seat-TSX-CL7-DC5-Acura_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3 a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293 Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZit em2ea516a5d4QQitemZ200338220500QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5 fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2867wt_1201)

That's doesn't have rails. You will still need to source the rails, which is the troublesome part.

longers
11-05-2009, 05:55 PM
For those with a racing seat and wanting to get rid of the annoying airbag light. I made a guide (http://www.gen7accord.net/forum/topics/diy-how-to-turn-off-the) for the US Accord forum.

Kason
12-05-2009, 12:36 AM
That's doesn't have rails. You will still need to source the rails, which is the troublesome part.

i have ordered a set of seat rail for my euro, bride makes rail for CL7 and CL9 and also buddyclub makes them for euroR and euro as well.

i have just placed an order for the bride ones through jdmconcept :thumbsup:

For those with a racing seat and wanting to get rid of the annoying airbag light. I made a guide (http://www.gen7accord.net/forum/topics/diy-how-to-turn-off-the) for the US Accord forum.

Thanks, will be picking up the seat on wednesday. still waiting on the rails. Should post the DIY on ozhonda as well.

akina
12-05-2009, 12:39 AM
i have ordered a set of seat rail for my euro, bride makes rail for CL7 and CL9 and also buddyclub makes them for euroR and euro as well.

Your ****ing loaded man!

Same with Leon! Bastards :(

longers
12-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Thanks, will be picking up the seat on wednesday. still waiting on the rails. Should post the DIY on ozhonda as well.

yeah ill do one tomorrow, see how it goes.
pics of seat when you're done :thumbsup:

aaronng
12-05-2009, 08:22 AM

Yeah, but they don't fit those CL7 Recaros?

Okok, now you have no excuse not to put aside $160 and go for the 10th July trackday. :p

Kason
12-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Yeah, but they don't fit those CL7 Recaros?

Okok, now you have no excuse not to put aside $160 and go for the 10th July trackday. :p

:p ya i think all those rails fit fixed back bucket seats only which are side mounted haha well i heard that budddyclubdoes custom rails, well not too sure about those.

now i have more excuse because i just took out another $310 for the rail :eek: has the price been confirmed?

longers
12-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Should post the DIY on ozhonda as well.

Done! (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112644)

aaronng
12-05-2009, 11:00 AM
:p ya i think all those rails fit fixed back bucket seats only which are side mounted haha well i heard that budddyclubdoes custom rails, well not too sure about those.

now i have more excuse because i just took out another $310 for the rail :eek: has the price been confirmed?

Price is not confirmed yet, but it could be in that range, which was last year's price.

doosra
20-06-2009, 12:55 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RACING-SEATS-FOR-SUBARU-LIBERTY-B4-GT-HONDA-ACCORD-EURO_W0QQitemZ370215743620QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item563293f084&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0| 293%3A1|294%3A50

these look good.. and i know.. they're prolli not adr approved and illegal cause of side airbags.. but they do look good