PDA

View Full Version : 96 manual civic hatch-wont crank green key light on

xil08n
07-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi I’m trying to source a Workshop manual relevant to an AUSD 96 civic CXi manual hatch to help with a Non-cranking green light key flashing on dash issues I have with this car. I D/L a manual but it was from an American site and some of the wires are different not to mention where its says the security control module is ment to be it isn't. I tried following the starter wires from the starter cut relay but they go up over and behind the evaporator and then I can’t find the specific wire I was tracing (large black with a double white trace). I can get the thing to crank if I trip the starter cut relay myself with a jump wire which is pretty odd that it wont start cause every thing I've looked at suggest the security module only cuts starter (is that right) I also cant find anything to tell you how to test the key reader/switch ring.

To me it looks like a key reader "ring" but there's no head as such on the key (just a bare blade) and the car has worked fine for couple of years until now

vinnY
07-12-2008, 05:45 PM
if it's been working fine for years with just the bare blade, i'd have a punt that the transponder that used to be inside the key had been glued to the ignition barrel

chances are it's fallen off and now the immobiliser is kicking in because the transponder is gone