PDA

View Full Version : Few issues with dc2

morgs202
08-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, just had my gsi integra converted to vti-r, and am having one or two small issues. The whole thing runs sweet, but the other night it zapped me good! I was just reaching for the air filter to make sure i'd attached it firmly,and when my hand was maybe less than a foot away, i got an almighty whack. The other problem is that the gear box that came with the engine crunches slightly into 5th. Still goes in fine, but crunches. I'm thinking probably the synchromesh, but any help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated

RR-04-RR
09-12-2008, 08:08 AM
did you ground everything in your engine??
and for the gearbox problems, i would be guessing as say syncro too

cymax
09-12-2008, 08:21 AM
I think you need to know exactly where you touched that zapped you. Troubleshooting should start from there.

Gear crunching can be due to many reasons. But however, synchro is your best bet mate. I hope it helped

morgs202
09-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Cheers heaps for the responses. The electric shock thing turned out to be a tiny crack in the top of the distributor cap. Seems like it is the synchros too :(

IZY-10
09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Cheers heaps for the responses. The electric shock thing turned out to be a tiny crack in the top of the distributor cap. Seems like it is the synchros too :(

thats was exactly what i was about to say but you bet me to it:D

cymax
10-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Well, then it'll definitely not be your grounding problem. The cracked top of your distributor cap is exposed. Hence, it's hazardous. It is like shielded wires being exposed and you touch them when there's electric flow.

Go get it change mate. :)

T-onedc2
11-12-2008, 06:19 PM
The 5th gear synchro problem is probably due to the previous owner being lazy and changing from 2nd or 3rd straight to fifth before letting revs drop a little.

morgs202
11-12-2008, 10:27 PM
The 5th gear synchro problem is probably due to the previous owner being lazy and changing from 2nd or 3rd straight to fifth before letting revs drop a little.

Now that I didn't actually know. Cheers! How long (generally speaking) before this problem starts breaking teeth off the cog?

morgs202
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Also it seems like the vtec isn't really kicking in properly in 1st gear. Its definitely coming on strong in second, third and fourth. Is that actually possible. One other issue I've started having is that the motor is very reluctant to turn over when its first started in the morning. Somtimes I turn the key and theres no crank, no nothing! but turn the key off give it a few seconds and it starts (albeit a bit reluctantly). This never seems to be a big issue when the motors warmed up. Could the fuel filter be clogged or is it more likely a battery/alternator thing? ... bloody second hand engines...

DreadAngel
12-12-2008, 12:03 AM
You won't feel much from 1st gear =|

Shouldn't even be hanging around in 1st gear that long unless you love thrashin' your car lol...

T-onedc2
12-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Now that I didn't actually know. Cheers! How long (generally speaking) before this problem starts breaking teeth off the cog?
Well the synchros don't really wear much unless you push the lever into 5th with too high revs, so basically just make sure to go from 4th to 5th every time and you may rarely notice a problem. I doubt you'll break teeth too quickly, it'll just grind a little if you do it too fast.