PDA

View Full Version : car vibration!!

earth55
08-12-2008, 09:27 PM
I think this has been covered before but i just can't seem to find the link..
just another noob q!!!
but anyways i'm just having a bit of problem about the vibration of my car when i'm on a roll..
At the moment my rear sway bar is not connected, coz i'm having a bit of problem with my end link.
could this be the cause of to much vibration and bit of noise when i'm on a roll..
or could it be the tyre, although my tyre is fairly new!!?
Does any1 know what could cause this, or any idea!!
please help, its not really a big problem, its just annoying evrytime i have to look at the rear view mirror..
Thanx guys n gals!

Frankie
09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I think this has been covered before but i just can't seem to find the link..
just another noob q!!!
but anyways i'm just having a bit of problem about the vibration of my car when i'm on a roll..
At the moment my lower control arm is not connected, coz i'm having a bit of problem with my end link.
could this be the cause of to much vibration and bit of noise when i'm on a roll..
or could it be the tyre, although my tyre is fairly new!!?
Does any1 know what could cause this, or any idea!!
please help, its not really a big problem, its just annoying evrytime i have to look at the rear view mirror..
Thanx guys n gals!

hay man i think that is your porblem

earth55
09-12-2008, 08:55 AM
^^^I just thought there might be other more serious reason for the cause of it, but thanx mate i appreciate it!!

vinnY
09-12-2008, 09:08 AM
wtf if your lca isn't connected what the hell is holding your wheels to the car?

earth55
09-12-2008, 09:44 AM
yeh dats a very good Q:
ooooooooooops, wat i meant to say is my REAR SWAY BAR!!!! (sorry stupid me)..

VTECMACHINE
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Try get your wheels balenced again. Unbalenced wheels cause vibration on the roll.

Frankie
09-12-2008, 12:54 PM
oooooooo rear sway bar lol... get wheel balance and alignment

Type R Positive
09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
oooooooo rear sway bar lol... get wheel balance and alignmentThat's what I'd do. ;)

earth55
09-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanx guys, will try to do that next pay..
But will this be ok to drive evryday for another week?
It won't f@#k up anything else till then??

55EXX
09-12-2008, 08:38 PM
should be fine. try putting your front wheels on the back etc. the rear might be better balanced than the front and not wobble the wheel as much

Frankie
10-12-2008, 08:37 AM
I would drive it like a girl until you get payed

earth55
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
should be fine. try putting your front wheels on the back etc. the rear might be better balanced than the front and not wobble the wheel as much

nah, i actually think it's the back that i need to get fix, the front is actually smooth when drive. it just makes this hovering sound... its weird!!

earth55
10-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I would drive it like a girl until you get payed

LOLZ, i think thats how drive anyways!!!

Frankie
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
lol you should be alright till pay day

T-onedc2
11-12-2008, 06:07 PM
nah, i actually think it's the back that i need to get fix, the front is actually smooth when drive. it just makes this hovering sound... its weird!!
So it's happened since you got new tyres? What make & model are they? Maybe just noisy tyres.

V73C
11-12-2008, 10:31 PM
so it makes a hovering noise on the roll, has a bit of vibration ???. check your bearings, usually when the bearings are on the way out they make that sorta noise

earth55
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
so it makes a hovering noise on the roll, has a bit of vibration ???. check your bearings, usually when the bearings are on the way out they make that sorta noise

Man dat sounds kinda hectic dude, is this gonna put a hole on my pocket??lolz
But seriously, ill get it checked out..
thanx mate...

Gio
12-12-2008, 06:30 AM
So it's happened since you got new tyres? What make & model are they? Maybe just noisy tyres.

I was thinking it, but you said it!

mattchuej8
12-12-2008, 11:33 PM
getting bearings replaced can be pretty pricey from experience.
its only like a 30min-1hr job but parts for it is quite deer.
it MIGHT also be something in your tyres. correct me if im wrong someone but im sure they can cause some sound while rolling.

V73C
14-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Man dat sounds kinda hectic dude, is this gonna put a hole on my pocket??lolz
But seriously, ill get it checked out..
thanx mate...

easy way to check it, jack the suspected wheel up, and try to push/pull against the wheel, if you feel some play "while the lug nuts are still holding your wheels tight" then it'll be bearings for sure, its how i found out on my previous car.

im not sure how the bearings are laid out on the civics, but on the pulsar's u have to buy a full hub assembly, cos the bearing housing basically is the hub itself, and it cost me $320 from nissan for just one side, and thats the rear only.

vinnY
14-12-2008, 10:09 PM
afaik the rears are a hub/bearing unit, the front you should be able to buy the bearing and just press out the hub, install bearing and press it back together

also with the above method of shaking the wheel
horizontal play = tie rods
vertical play = wheel bearings

earth55
16-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Hey guys that's really good info, ill try to check it out first thing tom!!!
but this afternoon i notice that one of the tyre weight on the rear left has gone,
i don't think they stuck it on properly...
I'm thinking, could this be one of the reason??

kraiye
16-12-2008, 05:34 AM
definitely!!!! that will be whats causaing the vibration. take it back and get them to re-balance it for free :thumbsup:

is the hum a consistent tone or does it sort of fade in and out?
fading: probably a bearing
consistent: may just be the tyres (but do what V73C suggested - jack up you car, do not loosen the wheel nuts and try to wobble the wheel)

V73C
16-12-2008, 06:26 PM
that weight could also be a problem, but do bare in mind that every time you get a new wheel, the weights aren't gonna be stuck on the same spots, so it can also possibly be where they ripped off the old counter weight

earth55
16-12-2008, 08:44 PM
that weight could also be a problem, but do bare in mind that every time you get a new wheel, the weights aren't gonna be stuck on the same spots, so it can also possibly be where they ripped off the old counter weight

Yeah i know what you mean, but the rims were fresh outta the box when i got new tyre for it..
So i really think its da tyre weight that came off it, but just hope its not the bearing thats the problem...

V73C
17-12-2008, 08:23 PM
thats a plus then. lets hope its just an unbalanced rims

kraiye
18-12-2008, 04:50 PM
fixed ??

earth55
19-12-2008, 02:48 AM
lolz!! man not yet, been so tied up with work, doing shift work is so shit...
hopefully this week end, but will let you guys know..
Thanx for all the help guys....