PDA

View Full Version : DC5S or Euro

NightKids
09-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Which would you pick?

sassy_fit_vtit
09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
My personal pick would be a Euro Lux because i want one atm. But seriously, modding cars gets boring and expensive, and eventually you'll probably settle for a luxury car anyways...

my 2c

SHOGUNOVDDRK
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Euro.

Wouldn't touch a DC5 unless it had that R

NightKids
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM
But what if u weren't planning to mod the DC5S & keeping it stock?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
09-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Stock 4 door>Stock 2 door

GIPONU
09-12-2008, 09:26 PM
EURO!
my mate has a type s.
and his mum has a euro lux.

and we always ask him to bring the euro. when i sit in both cars. they pretty much feels the same.both has alot of torque. but one just has a non family car look.lol

JunYu
09-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Having owned both, I would choose the dc5S. It really does depend on what you want out of the car but the S was definitely more enjoyable to drive!

morgs202
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Never driven a dc5s but my dad has a euro and it is sweet! Also a mate of mine drove a dc5s and recond it didn't feel much quicker then his 4th gen prelude vti-r

ndeuro_
09-12-2008, 10:23 PM
all comes down to ur budget. and ur plan for the car

mp-
09-12-2008, 10:35 PM
wat do u plan on using the car for? daily? work? uni? weekend?

dc4t
09-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Never driven a dc5s but my dad has a euro and it is sweet! Also a mate of mine drove a dc5s and recond it didn't feel much quicker then his 4th gen prelude vti-r

lol can he drive? dc5s stock vs stock are quicker than wrx's.. (tried n tested myself against a few of them :thumbsup:)

okay well i got a type S, my dad has a euro luxury. theyre completely different n shouldnt be compared. if u want speed + luxury then obviously the type S is the way to go but if ur after a car thats luxurious and comfortable then euro. my personal pick would be the type s but thats just bcoz im a coupe boy. i drove a few R's before i bought my S and not only is the S quicker, but it also looks and feels a hell of a lot better.. also u'll notice that most ppl that put down type S have never owned or driven one themselves.. its funny really

ndeuro_
09-12-2008, 10:43 PM
type R or gtfo

Hullabaloo
10-12-2008, 08:46 AM
both very good cars, and like others have said, the euro is more comfortable. so if you're planning on having it as a daily drive/city/highway/cruiser/commuter, then i'd pick the euro for sure.

The DC5S is by no means a slow car. just as capable as a dc2r and dc5r. so if you want a car that'll be good in the twisties i'd choose the DC5S over the euro.

for a car that'll be a bit of both (a daily as well as spirited drive) I'd pick the DC5S as it has "luxury" type features such as leather and sunroof as well. kind of like a half way between accord euro and DC5R except it's just as fast as the DC5R.

pilotb777_300
10-12-2008, 09:13 AM
I've had a euro for about 4 years and have been looking to change to a sportier car only cause I dont do that much daily driving no more. Have decided to go for an S2000. While lookin I also drove a few Type R's and Type S's. If I had to choose between my euro and a TYPE R/S I'd stick with the Euro 100%. Its combination of 6sp gear box and torquey engine (for honda) makes it a whole heap of fun to drive and you never get sick of it. On the track the Type R's may be quicker then the Euro but honestly on everyday roads I feel the Euro pulls harder. If you want a Daily driver thats a good mix between luxury and sportiness get a 6sp manual Euro. Put some nice 18in Alloys on it and a good suspention set up and u wont regret it. If you want a proper sports car get an S2000. Just my personal opinion.

defect
10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
guys asking about dc5s and euro, your telling him to get a s2k. lol

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Typs S all the Wayyyyyyyyy!

You can chirpie 3'rds all day everyday.

My Gf has a euro so i gotta admitt its pretty mad when your smacking out and getting driven home, with like seat warmers and all.

Get A Type S, Euro's are EVERYWHERE, there becoming like taxis (very very nice Taxis)

pilotb777_300
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
guys asking about dc5s and euro, your telling him to get a s2k. lol

I told him to get a Euro ! :P I was just promoting the S2k as an extra alternative.... mmmm convertable with 9K red lineee.....

Frankie
10-12-2008, 09:35 AM
I would go Type S my mate has one that is moded lightly and it goes awesome

burak213
10-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Typs S all the Wayyyyyyyyy!

You can chirpie 3'rds all day everyday.

My Gf has a euro so i gotta admitt its pretty mad when your smacking out and getting driven home, with like seat warmers and all.

Get A Type S, Euro's are EVERYWHERE, there becoming like taxis (very very nice Taxis)

ahhhhh i wish i never read that it chirps in 3rd gear... so tempting to try it now :(

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 11:02 AM
ahhhhh i wish i never read that it chirps in 3rd gear... so tempting to try it now :(

Hahahaha,

If your ever driving in the wet, gear down to third, then accelerate, when you hit about 6100rpm's youll break traction and start dancing all over the road.:thumbsup:

in the dry, just flat change from 2nd to 3rd and chirp all the way!!!!!!!!!

damienm
10-12-2008, 11:03 AM
lol most of the euro owners would say get the euro n most of the dc5s owners would tell u to get the dc5s. In my opinion i think that the euro does its job better than the DC5S does as its a really comfortable luxury cruiser and would still hold its own against other cars when you want to give it a hit. Whereas i find that there are many alternatives (S2k,350z,rx8,S15) other than the DC5s as i find that its quite slow for a performance car.

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 11:09 AM
lol most of the euro owners would say get the euro n most of the dc5s owners would tell u to get the dc5s. In my opinion i think that the euro does its job better than the DC5S does as its a really comfortable luxury cruiser and would still hold its own against other cars when you want to give it a hit. Whereas i find that there are many alternatives (S2k,350z,rx8,S15) other than the DC5s as i find that its quite slow for a performance car.

Not questioning your crediability but have you properly driven a type S before?

damienm
10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
no just a dc5r but im guessing the type S should be similar to it

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
The Type S is alot smoother with its power delivery and not a stiff as the type R, Its also got closer ratio gearbox so taking of from a set of lights is F*****g quick assss!

And I mean you should know from driving a type R that a RX8, s15 (stock), wrx(stock), Monaro, commodore ss & heaps other would not be much competition for the Type S & R.

damienm
10-12-2008, 11:50 AM
basically what im trying to say is that when youre spending that much for a performance car, go with a RWD, its much more fun than the type R thats y i said rx8,350z,S15,S2k

damienm
10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
The Type S is alot smoother with its power delivery and not a stiff as the type R, Its also got closer ratio gearbox so taking of from a set of lights is F*****g quick assss!

And I mean you should know from driving a type R that a RX8, s15 (stock), wrx(stock), Monaro, commodore ss & heaps other would not be much competition for the Type S & R.

stock vs stock off the line a jap spec S15, wrx, monaro and commodore SS would rip the integras

pilotb777_300
10-12-2008, 12:03 PM

Agree ! :thumbsup:

and am not just saying that cause I have a euro. I'm actually selling if anyone is interested ! ?? lol

however the euro's power delivery I think makes it very drivable in every day traffic and like it has been said, when u wana give it to it, it will surprisingly keep up with many sports cars out there. put a CAI on it and it will also sound like a sports car when u have the pedal floored !

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 12:39 PM
stock vs stock off the line a jap spec S15, wrx, monaro and commodore SS would rip the integras

Ive seriosuly taken a stock monaro & s15, will admitt after about 140kmh the monaro started pulling and jumped in front. but the stock s15 was no problem. havent tried against a wrx yet or a ss commodore but going of the monaro run ide imagine it would be similar.

Only problem is alot of the above cars that are on the road these days arent stock, almost every single one of them has something done to make it go quicker, especially the s15's, i think it would be almost impossible to find one that hasnt been boosted or tweeked in one way or another!

Hullabaloo
10-12-2008, 02:01 PM
There are lots of other cars which are faster, but this isn't a thread about what's better than a DC5S or a Euro. Also the original poster did mention about keeping the DC5S stock in post 4.

albii
10-12-2008, 02:05 PM

Did you hit your head...What the fu*K...not much competition?
Maybe neck and neck an rx8 but a wrx would rip you buddy( stock).
wrx has not got much after 130-140 but your teg has nothing after that either.
A well driven Accord Euro will be competition enough to make you sweat in your S but the turbos will smash ya.

Type R Positive
10-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I really wanted a DC5R back in '04, but the missus said no. Something about not liking hatchbacks.
I showed her the Euro and she was sold. It was the closest thing I could find to a Type R.

The newer DC5S are nice. Just missing out on the LSD. If you are going to mod it, go the DC5S with out a doubt. Heaps more tunability and parts available.

If you want to leave it stock, a CL9 Lux can be had for pretty cheap now. They are such a wonderful car.

Make sure you get a manual in both......

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Did you hit your head...What the fu*K...not much competition?
Maybe neck and neck an rx8 but a wrx would rip you buddy( stock).
wrx has not got much after 130-140 but your teg has nothing after that either.
A well driven Accord Euro will be competition enough to make you sweat in your S but the turbos will smash ya.

The cars I mentioned (s15 & WRX) all make similar power and weigh about the same as the intgras, I cant speak about the WRX becuase i havent actually raced one as im kinda a bitch on the roads atm cause i just got my licence back, but a stock 200 pftttt, thats no problem,besides when u have a squirt on the roads its usually stop and go anyway??

damienm
10-12-2008, 02:54 PM
There are lots of other cars which are faster, but this isn't a thread about what's better than a DC5S or a Euro. Also the original poster did mention about keeping the DC5S stock in post 4.

true, thats y i said as a luxury car, the euro is excellent. and the integra as a performance car, theres many other alternatives.

albii
10-12-2008, 03:27 PM
The cars I mentioned (s15 & WRX) all make similar power and weigh about the same as the intgras, I cant speak about the WRX becuase i havent actually raced one as im kinda a bitch on the roads atm cause i just got my licence back, but a stock 200 pftttt, thats no problem,besides when u have a squirt on the roads its usually stop and go anyway??

Just because a car weighs similar or has similar power doesn't mean you are as quick or quicker than it....Just like some cars make 350hp on a dyno and gets ripped by another in a drag that makes 300hp, even if it weighs the same.
The wrx makes its power in the 3000-6500 rpm range which is gonna do it a whole lot more good than an integra which makes its power from 6000 onwards.
Anyway both are nice cars but i think the euro has aged better.

dc4t
10-12-2008, 03:46 PM

ok no point mentioning the jdm s15, coz u cant compare a jdm s15 to an audm dc5s. lets just pretend u said audm s15, now all those cars u just mentioned have similar 0-100 times so i dont know what ur on about..

dc4t
10-12-2008, 03:47 PM

ive raced about 3 wrx's, 01 model and 2 05 models.. all same result.. type s wins by about 2 cars

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 04:05 PM
See albii, I didnt hit my head, I dont know about anyone else on here but im sure the honda technicians were sitting back thinking: "hey if were gonna sell this car for almost 50k we better make sure the thing actually moves"

dc4t, you now got me syked to go on d hunt for some wrx's although around my area ill prob get smashed, yet to see a WRX running less than 20 pound, hahahaha.

Type R Positive
10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
be careful, street racing not allowed on this forum mate.....

bodaas
10-12-2008, 04:13 PM
ive raced about 3 wrx's, 01 model and 2 05 models.. all same result.. type s wins by about 2 cars

probably fake WRX,, or wrx goes wrong (with modification),

i drove 02' wrx before, and race with 04' wrx, i won by 1 1/2 car length ahead,,

but mine totally stock

the other one got loud muffler and big intercooler,,,probably turbo lagged or something went wrong

Type S Tony
10-12-2008, 04:16 PM
be careful, street racing not allowed on this forum mate.....

Sorry Still Learning!

Crapdaz
10-12-2008, 04:22 PM
But what if u weren't planning to mod the DC5S & keeping it stock?

do you like the sporty feel or more relaxing and sedan style feel whilst driving (steering control and suspension)?

If you prefer the sporty feel and stiffer steering then go for the DC5S.

But if you prefer luxury and a bit less power also comfort go for the euro.

Make sure you get a car that you prefer yourself not from others opinions also if your planninh on keeping it longer, so presumably if your getting out of the modding phase then go for the euro as it's a family car.

My 2c hope it helps.

damienm
10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
ok no point mentioning the jdm s15, coz u cant compare a jdm s15 to an audm dc5s. lets just pretend u said audm s15, now all those cars u just mentioned have similar 0-100 times so i dont know what ur on about..

exsqueeze me sir but why is it not possible to compare a jap spec S15 to a audm DC5s? they are in a similar price bracket and i was just listing the alternatives to the dc5s. A sports car isnt always about 0-100 times, its about how much fun it is and it seems like youve never driven a RWD car.

albii
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
These guys are on hoochie....Your a pair of fan boys aren't you... You cannot beat wrxs by 2 car lengths with a type s.

albii
10-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Let me put it in perspective for you. A Mazda 3 MPS will tear a DC5 S to shreds but is slower down the quarter ( just) than a WRX. You telling me you S will hammer a 3 MPS with 2.3 turbo 190kw 380 nm torque? hahahahaahahahah,shut up please.

JunYu
10-12-2008, 07:59 PM
there's a video on club rsx which shows you can, haha, but it was a rolling start.

albii
10-12-2008, 08:25 PM
there's a video on club rsx which shows you can, haha, but it was a rolling start.

Don't think i have seen a forum with as much crap in it.

burak213
10-12-2008, 08:48 PM
so how fast is the type S form 0 - 100?

NightKids
10-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeh i reckon it's a pretty tough choice. Type S has better handling & speed whereas the Euro is more comfortable. Yet the Type S isn't too bad too with leather seats & sunroof. I like the look of both cars, Euros are going for good prices yet they are so common! Does the speed of the Type S justify the price difference though, would like a bit of usable power. I will mainly be using it for daily driving, the Type S has 150+ kw & the Euro is on 140kw, which has better throttle response, power? Hmmm.....

dc4t
11-12-2008, 02:08 AM
probably fake WRX,, or wrx goes wrong (with modification),

i drove 02' wrx before, and race with 04' wrx, i won by 1 1/2 car length ahead,,

but mine totally stock

the other one got loud muffler and big intercooler,,,probably turbo lagged or something went wrong

what exactly is a 'fake' wrx LOL, everyone knows that wrx's arent worth the time unless they're sti's. u have an fn2 right? u obviously won coz ur car is faster..

dc4t
11-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Let me put it in perspective for you. A Mazda 3 MPS will tear a DC5 S to shreds but is slower down the quarter ( just) than a WRX. You telling me you S will hammer a 3 MPS with 2.3 turbo 190kw 380 nm torque? hahahahaahahahah,shut up please.

i think u need to rethink ur perspective LOL coz an MPS is faster than them both.. my friend has one haha.. LOL @ ur logic too, ur comparing 2 cars by adding in a complete different car into the picture? wow.. btw, the reason wrx's have a good quarter is coz of the AWD launch, and umm dc5s and mps are both FWD... oh.. thought u'd know that tho? but just like i said, the ones with the big mouths are the ones that dont own or have never driven the damn thing..

dc4t
11-12-2008, 02:17 AM
exsqueeze me sir but why is it not possible to compare a jap spec S15 to a audm DC5s? they are in a similar price bracket and i was just listing the alternatives to the dc5s. A sports car isnt always about 0-100 times, its about how much fun it is and it seems like youve never driven a RWD car.

its stupid bcoz ur comparing an import to a locally sold car, if u wanna talk about price then can u imagine insurance on a jdm s15? yea it might 'SEEM' like i havent 2u but obviously u dont kno me, all my friends drive rwd cars that are pulling high 12's n low 13's down the quarter. ive driven an s13, s14, s15, r32, rx7 etc so i dont understand ur claims that rwd's are more 'fun' unless ur talking about drifting..

dc4t
11-12-2008, 02:19 AM
These guys are on hoochie....Your a pair of fan boys aren't you... You cannot beat wrxs by 2 car lengths with a type s.

im a fanboy? here i was thinking that the 'fanboys' were the ones sitting behind the computer making claims even though they dont own the car or have ever tested things out for themselves.. oh wait.. thats u...

devilians
11-12-2008, 02:43 AM
guys just tell him what you think about those 2 cars and tell him which one you rkn is better that's all no need to fight. I've got a CL9 and loving it, I've driven both DC5R and S they are great cars, but depending what he need it for, personally I like the Euro cause the look and it anit slow either so to me Euro will do the Job and if I want a fast car there are too many out there just depending on how deep is your pocket

DreadAngel
11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Fark dc4t, haven't you heard of farkin' multi-quote?

Anyway much respect to both cars DC5S and CL9... I'd rather a CL9 but then again a JDM DC5R... Well I can actually like the R's appearance where as the DC5S looks sleepy and sedated for a hotted up Coupe. CL9 does its job well and I love the car a lot, if I had a family of my own, I'd get one of those =D

Type S Tony
11-12-2008, 08:56 AM

I gotta admit bro, your putting up a pretty weak argument for a car you dont own or havent driven.

aaronng
11-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I tried to give this thread a chance, but it has turned into a vs/street racing thread. So now it gets closed.