PDA

View Full Version : Clutch play loose - clutch or clutch adjustment?

xjm
10-12-2008, 01:48 PM
hooligans in brooklyn

vinnY
10-12-2008, 03:57 PM
cable or hydro?

OMG.JAI xD
10-12-2008, 04:55 PM
id be guessing its hydro.

check your slave cylinder.
known to give loss of pedal.
cheap to replace. and easy.

Rice_banger
10-12-2008, 07:31 PM
i swear its the master which goes first ,

cheek under neath the peadle for any obvious leaks , cheek the level of the fluid , then cheek the rubber seal on the slave, its near the realse fork you kind of rip it of gently , easy once ur looking at it

also , ive heard rumors you can adjust a hydro clutch to a certain extent for the grab point/feel , but only ever so slightly ,

my beliefs with hydro the fluid goes down as the clutch wears it self out, defeats the purpose on readjusting every time aka cable

bennjamin
10-12-2008, 07:50 PM
your car is HYDRO (hydraulically operated clutch)

if it dosent have grab , big chance is the clutch plate/face is simply old and worn. Replace.
Or flush your clutch fluid

OMG.JAI xD
10-12-2008, 07:52 PM
hydro clutches are fixed movement.
you can only adjust free play and lowest point of pedal.
or get a thicker clutch plate.

my suspicion is that youre comparing this clutch feel to another car you had.
the clutch on the eg's are pretty soft.
to handle 100hp you wont need massive force on the clutch.

and yes your one is hydro.
check your slave. as ive said before.

Rice_banger
10-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Your in luck then sir

If you replace the master cylinder and not the slave , the slave gets more pressure and stress put onto it due to the fresh seals of the master , meaning faulty slave quicker, due to previous owner swapped the master

$40 fix and 15mins labor, any one on these forums with a bit of knowledge would be glad to do it for a 6 pack

to see if this is the problem go to ultra tune etc act interested in fixing it and get a free quote they can get there hands dirty tell u its a slave cylinder then DIY

but i presume its just your foot used to different cars they are a soft clutch