PDA

View Full Version : Leaking master Clutch Cylinder!

vuongkong
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
can anyone please help?

my clutch pedal has fallen to the ground i managed to drive home but right now there is pressure in the pedal so i can't engage the clutch. there is a little bit of fluid on my carpet under the dash, so i think my master clutch cylinder is leaking. i have tried to refill the fluid but the clutch pedal is still the same. is there any way to get it working ? or will i need to tow it to the machanic ?

cheers guys.

zco
11-12-2008, 09:54 AM
replace it at home yO. clutch and slave i got a spare one. pm me

geeang
11-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Yep, this happened to me a few weeks ago.
Just replace the master cylinder, flush out the fluid, fill and bleed.
1 hour max.

vuongkong
11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
thanks guys, done and done.

riruiz_88
11-12-2008, 07:30 PM
did you need to adjust the nut on the clutch pedal for correction of height?

geeang
11-12-2008, 07:34 PM
did you need to adjust the nut on the clutch pedal for correction of height?

That's only for adjusting free play, in this case its losing pressure when the cylinder leaks and loses fluid.

After master cylinder is replaced and clutch is properly filled and bled, shouldn't need to adjust the nut, it should pretty much go back to how it was before the problem started.

JasonGilholme
11-12-2008, 07:48 PM
adjustments on the clutch in honda's are very minimal. free play only. can't adjust frictions point etc.

EG30
12-12-2008, 02:17 AM
it's fcked and air has also gone into the system, no point adjusting cos that's not the problem.

you might get the pedal back by bleeding and make the car driveable to your mech.

if you are capable to replace the MC yourself, you might as well buy a new MC from honda and do that, there is a comprehensive guide in the DIY section.

Gio
12-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Shit i need to do this GL man