PDA

View Full Version : dc2 and ek4 mix and match

myztery
10-12-2008, 07:23 PM
hey everybody,

i have a eg civic hatch vti and i need to do a brake upgrade i have the following items:

1. prelude calipers
2. braided lines
3. 282 rotors
4. dc2 brake booster

i was wondering if i could use the ek4 drivers side knuckle and hub, together with the dc2 knuckle and hub on the passengers side???
both 4x100

night_wolf
11-12-2008, 02:28 AM
if your getting bigger brakes you might have to change the propotional valve as well with the brake booster. DA9 and teggy ones fit the eg (from experence). as for the knuckle and hub i dont think you will have an issue if its from the ek4 or dc2 (correct me if im wrong) if its a dcr it wont fit thats for sure. in my opion you might as well get the dc2R ones cause they are bigger. if your running a high powered engine dc2R brake set up is the best way to go.

myztery
11-12-2008, 09:48 AM
if your getting bigger brakes you might have to change the propotional valve as well with the brake booster. DA9 and teggy ones fit the eg (from experence). as for the knuckle and hub i dont think you will have an issue if its from the ek4 or dc2 (correct me if im wrong) if its a dcr it wont fit thats for sure. in my opion you might as well get the dc2R ones cause they are bigger. if your running a high powered engine dc2R brake set up is the best way to go.

i already have the prelude calipers and 282 rotors so i wont need dc2r setup, the dc2r i believe is 5 stud, im trying to keep the stock 4x100. i can get my hands on ek4 right side knuckle and hub, but can i match it with the dc2 left side knuckle and hub????

Limbo
11-12-2008, 11:12 AM
not sure if those knuckle & hubs of the ek4 & dc2 are the same even though they have the same caliper & rotor.

But you do need the brake booster from at least a ek4 or ITR as your eg one will be too small.

Otherwise looks like you've got it all.

Night wolf - later model Prelude calipers & rotors with the 282mm are the same as the ITR setup

night_wolf
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
thanks for the correction limbo :D

night_wolf
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
not sure if those knuckle & hubs of the ek4 & dc2 are the same even though they have the same caliper & rotor.

But you do need the brake booster from at least a ek4 or ITR as your eg one will be too small.

Otherwise looks like you've got it all.

wouldnt he need the propotional valve changed as well. its a different setup in the prelude and the propotional valve needs to to matched with the brake booster????

vinnY
12-12-2008, 10:37 AM
only applies if he had drum's previously
being a vti i assume he had rear discs as standard, so no need to get a prop valve

myztery
12-12-2008, 07:58 PM
so can i mix and match???

Limbo
14-12-2008, 12:03 AM
i'd look at the part numbers. SO long as they are identical it would be fine, but i'm sure you figured that out yourself.
Just not sure if they are cos i doubt anyone has really taken that close a look at both