PDA

View Full Version : Door Auto lock / Unlock?

imolared
11-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi guys,

I picked up my Tafetta White Jazz last Monday.

I was trying to follow the manual in regards to having the doors auto lock when I move the shifter out of P position, also to unlock all doors when I shift to P.

Neither is working for me even after trying over a dozen times.

Has anyone successfully done the procedure from the manual?

I would really like to have these activated on the car.

Cheers,
-Imo

12-12-2008, 04:42 AM
we dont have that feature mate.

the hand book is printed for asian deliver and ausie spec

so some of the things on the handbook are pointless lol..

rossw
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I worked this one out when I went looking for the "master door lock" switch that you need to program this function and found a blanking plate instead.

It seems even more penny pinching than the outside temp thing when you consider that all it requires is a couple of lines of code and a $5 rocker switch.

I think Honda spent the budget for all these things on the mandatory child restraint anchorages that match nothing that's used in any other country. At least they put those in a sensible place.

Here's a thought:

Providing different versions of software is expensive. It may well be that the logic for it exists and the only thing preventing this function being programmed is the lack of that little master switch on the driver's door.

The pins on the CPU that connects to this switch should still exist. I wonder if adding a suitable switch connected to those pins (or just bridging them temporarily to enable mode selection) would allow the "hidden" function to be enabled?

This sort of thing is done all the time and hidden functions abound on consumer electronics. It's sometimes not that difficult to enable them if you know how.