View Full Version : Help thanks. Civic Ek indicator stupidty

INVSBL
12-12-2008, 05:37 AM
grandparents own a gli civic ek (96)
and when ever i drive it the indicator likes to get stuck mid way when returning the wheel to to straight,
eg, coming out of a roundabout with indicator on ill get to 15 degrees from straight the wheel locks at that and i hav to force it to go straight, when i do this i get a loud plasticy clicking noise.
and then untili turn the car off my indictors 'forget' to self stop.
but once i turn off and on its then fine.

its shiting me coz im scared the things gonna lock when i am not ready and im gonna turn into a car, or its a problem thats gonna cost money when fixed when it comes to selling the car.

hav u guys heard of this before, and know of a way of me fixing it, or is this something a mechanics gonan hav to do???

thanks
Adam

Gio
12-12-2008, 06:12 AM
what does that have to do with the indicator

INVSBL
12-12-2008, 07:46 AM
ummm, its the indicator stalk.... woops

Zdster
12-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Very confused. Is there one or two issues? Sounds like the indicator mechanism is broken (fairly easy to replace), but the steering sounds like a whole other issue.

INVSBL
12-12-2008, 09:24 AM
i was thinkin the indicator was to blame, its getting it 100000 service soon, ill talk to teh mechanics then.

NOFX
26-12-2008, 04:26 PM
The issue with the turn signal could be either a bad turn signal switch (the stalk - it's held on by two screws and a plug IIRC) or a bad clock spring (black thing beneath the steering wheel).

I don't know about the wheel locking in place though. That's a new one for me.

INVSBL
26-12-2008, 04:28 PM
im thinkin its the clock spring thingy.
ill just show the mechs when it gets serviced and it should be fixed.

alaric
27-12-2008, 08:01 PM
it will be the indicator stalk stickin, there should be nothin wrong with the clock spring unless the stearing wheel has come off at anytime

INVSBL
27-12-2008, 08:48 PM
o ok then, well wheel has never come off.