PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy with my Euro

blueeuro
14-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Come on the silent majority, I'm happy with my Euro and tired of seeing complaints at the top of the forum.

Sounds like some people have been un-lucky with a few issues arising. I am sure even the most expensive car has issues. But I am truly happy with the Euro.

I love the colour, the look, the features and the way it drives. It's just a pleasure to own. I would recommend one to anyone.

Cheers

Go the Euro

PERTH_EURO
14-10-2004, 12:14 PM
I is very happy with mine too, and its been crashed already

EuroSip
14-10-2004, 12:33 PM
I love my euro too...although it's probably gonna be sold in another 2 months time...but i still love it!! Although would anyone agree with me that it would do better with just a tad more power, given it's size..

Everything has been pretty darn good so far!!

Reagan
14-10-2004, 12:58 PM
everybody loves there own car =)

coladuna
14-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Although would anyone agree with me that it would do better with just a tad more power, given it's size..

Nope. I don't agree with you on that unfortunately. My car had the 1000km service done yesterday and hence I gave the car a good thrashing for the first time. I felt that it had good performance while being very smooth and quiet at the same time.

Type R Positive
14-10-2004, 03:16 PM
yep! I love my euro. No problems here. I just wish I lived somewhere else so cruizing would be a bit more interesting. I think it has quite enough power too, and being the only Accord Euro up my way, it gets heaps of attention.

Faiz
14-10-2004, 06:15 PM
mines done 800 kms...wondering when its gona get faster....

Catcha
14-10-2004, 06:25 PM
yep! I love my euro. No problems here. I just wish I lived somewhere else so cruizing would be a bit more interesting. I think it has quite enough power too, and being the only Accord Euro up my way, it gets heaps of attention.

Heard the Northern Territory has some nice long roads :wave:

Catcha
14-10-2004, 06:27 PM
mines done 800 kms...wondering when its gona get faster....

you want Fast, you should have got yourself a turbo car....... :) instead of a Honda.... Take a ride in 03 STI with 13g APS stage 3 kit and you know what fast is :D

Faiz
14-10-2004, 06:32 PM
i like the accord euro, handles great. Its just when ever i am competing with a ford or a holden..they always seem to burn the euro on the road.

Catcha
14-10-2004, 06:55 PM
i like the accord euro, handles great. Its just when ever i am competing with a ford or a holden..they always seem to burn the euro on the road.

Competing ??? your driving a Luxury car, it should be for nice relax cruising. fair enough having the odd traffic light drags but don't expect to win many, especially with V8's and XR6T

razaman
14-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Could always be worse - just read yesterday on NZ hondas about someones friend who had to have their engine replaced in their holden commodore. It had 50km on the clock.

That's 50, not 500, not 5000, not 50000, 50!!

Raz

Chris_F
14-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Faiz, from what i've read you drive an auto euro... that would have something to do with the lack of performance, the manual model (which i own) is a lot quicker. anything from 1-2 seconds in a straight line. You'll never beat a V8 commodore with the euro, but if you had a manual you'd put up a good fight against all of the 6's. Good performance if you ask me, around 3/5 of the literage of a holden 6, 3/5 of the fuel consumption , and near equal power and better straight line speed. Oh and let the engine break in and you'll notice a difference... im due for my 1000 service and already the car seems to rev a bit easier.

oh and "Competing ??? your driving a Luxury car, it should be for nice relax cruising" that may be true for the larger wide body accord, but the euro is definitely set up with sporty driving in mind... put those v8's and xr6T's on a bendy mountain road and the race would be damn close.

a bit of a ramble.. but people on this board seem to underate the euro's sporting credentials. my 2c

Type R Positive
14-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Could always be worse - just read yesterday on NZ hondas about someones friend who had to have their engine replaced in their holden commodore. It had 50km on the clock.

That's 50, not 500, not 5000, not 50000, 50!!

RazYep, a workmate of mine got a new motor for his new SS about 3 months ago. I had less than 5,000km on the clock, not quite as bad as the 50km that you talk about. That was not the only problem. He keeps on snapping shear pins in his front suspension.

coladuna
15-10-2004, 06:20 PM

Are you telling me you bought your car without even knowing how it performs?
Just look at the numbers. You can't beat a ford or holden V8 because of their sheer power. In fact, not many other cars will unless you go in to $50K+ price range. Especially considering that you have an auto euro, it'll probably do around 9 sec to 100km/h from stop, which isn't exactly fast enough to beat high powered V8.

Faiz
15-10-2004, 07:41 PM
i guess so coladuna. I knew its potential, i read alot of positive feedback on it on the internet. I just thought i could make the auto faster by using semi auto to chnage gears but i guess that isnt the case. But i do have fun while im driving it. I recken the would had been perfect with 25 more kws and 10 percent torque increase. It would really give them carppy fords and holdens a tough time.

sugapopcandy
15-10-2004, 08:00 PM
i guess so coladuna. I knew its potential, i read alot of positive feedback on it on the internet. I just thought i could make the auto faster by using semi auto to chnage gears but i guess that isnt the case. But i do have fun while im driving it. I recken the would had been perfect with 25 more kws and 10 percent torque increase. It would really give them carppy fords and holdens a tough time.
If you had doubt of the tiptronic being faster or not, why didn't you research that as well on the internet, i'm pretty sure there's an abundance of information about auto vs manual.

Clearly the Euro isn't your type of car, no matter what you say it's not going to increase in power, unless you start modifying it.

Catcha
15-10-2004, 08:05 PM

Do you even know what 25 more kw's feels like ????????

dareyah
16-10-2004, 05:26 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm tired of hearing Faiz compare the Euro against Holdens, Fords, WRX's etc. After he makes a comment, it works everyone up (especially me). The thread is no longer the focused on the topic but starts becomming about Faiz's comparisons.

I didn't want to start flamming but I've had enough.

"25 more kws and 10 percent torque increase" Does this mean that you can now take on a WRX? Why 25 more KWs and 10% more torque? Is it because 40% more torque sounds too greedy? Where did these figures come from?

I'll stop my flames. I just hope you stop with these childish comments.

***Deeeep breath***

Sorry guys.

h22a accord
16-10-2004, 08:43 AM
guys, want something quick? come for a ride with me in the mighty h22a accord muahahaha.
okay, its not the fastest thing out there but for the money its cost me and the fact is 2.2 litre NA, it deseves respect.

knocked off a guy in a s/c calias..twice lol.

aaronng
17-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm happy with my Euro.. I just took delivery yesterday... It's great! The handling is so much better than the "Lotus-tuned" Astra suspension.