PDA

View Full Version : Bushes

beeza
15-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Here's a great pic showing a lot of Bushes.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/ChassFWD2.jpg

This is a Energy Suspension ad.I posted this because I have always wanted a pic like this showing the names and locations of the bushes in our cars.So I hope it helps others :cool:

Here is 55EXX's Great idea of listing the bushes and the advantages/disadvantages of replacing them with aftermarket ones OR at least new OEM ones.If anyone has some good input,please make a post and I will copy and paste it here :)

Shock mounts
oem is better in the shock mounts as poly will tend to squeek with time.

Swaybar
poly bushes are better in the swaybar bushes as they make the swaybar act earlier so increases the swaybars effect. downside tho is the d bushes tho will also squeek with time as the grease is slowly squished out and will need to be regreased but this is easily done diy.

Transmission shifter
poly bushes create a much less sloppy and more accurate direct feel.

Engine Mount Inserts
The Energy Suspension engine mount inserts are a great cheap mod.Firms up the feeling through the steering wheel making the car feel more responsive in the steering,it takes the 'sloppiness' out of the stock set up.The rear engine mount insert is the best one to have in,it offers great support for gear changes but it's hardest one to put in lol.I have the 2 lower inserts in + a engine torque damper and it's perfect for a daily.If I had all 5 in or 4,I feel it would be too much vibration for a daily driver but each to thier own.The torque damper helps with gear changes,stopping the engine from throwing around too much.Great for the track!

vinnY
15-12-2008, 03:34 PM
thats weird my civic doesn't have that prop shaft down the middle :p

good info, gives a decent idea of where they're located

beeza
15-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Hehehe,either does mine.nice observation Vinny :)

bennjamin
15-12-2008, 06:54 PM
notice the img is titled "rwd..."

im sure you can find a FWD application titled somewheree..

beeza
16-12-2008, 10:01 AM

Done :thumbsup:

Zdster
16-12-2008, 10:03 AM

Just turn the image around 180 degrees :p.

55EXX
16-12-2008, 10:27 AM
be good to list with this diagram what is good/bad to replace with poly or oem rubber. eg.

Shock mounts
oem is better in the shock mounts as poly will tend to squeek with time.

swaybar
poly bushes are better in the swaybar bushes as they make the swaybar act earlier so increases the swaybars effect. downside tho is the d bushes tho will also squeek with time as the grease is slowly squished out and will need to be regreased but this is easily done diy.

transmission shifter
poly bushes create a much less sloppy and more accurate direct feel.

etc etc anyone else want to add then beeza you can copy and paste into your post. make a more informative thread. maybe a useful sticky in the sussy section

nd55
16-12-2008, 10:35 AM
> notice the img is titled "rwd..."
> im sure you can find a FWD application titled somewheree..

....... c'mon Benny.

Nick.:cool:

beeza
16-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Excellent Idea 55EXX!

Done.

Gio
19-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Yeah mine squeek its annoying.

Aftermarket bushes ftl :(