PDA

View Full Version : Problem with CD track memory loss on engine start

legrope60
15-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Guys/Gals
I have a 98 CRV with Kenwook OEM 10 stack CD changer. Every time I start the engine, the Player returns to CD1 and forgets what track was being played. The radio has no problems however. Any ideas on what the problem may be.

thanks Rob

nb I have not played with the wiring, have looked for a broken fuse

mrwillz
15-12-2008, 09:21 PM
wrong wire connections
Memory / Constant 12V?

legrope60
16-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I suspect thats the case. But I have never played with the wiring. Which leads me to suggest that my car service agent has, or its a fuse on the constant 12 v supply (not switched). There is no map of fuses anywhere to be found on my CRV. This is the problem with these after-market additions!

Strange that the radio stations don't drop out. Thought it might be the constant 12 V on the changer itself.....can't get a manual for the changer.

Now looking for the fuse/cable to resolve the problem.

thanks

Rob

tron07
16-12-2008, 07:37 AM
From my old CD changer experience, it only have 3 cables, 2 of them are the RCA and another is a bus cable.

try changing the fuses for the HU/clock in your car.

legrope60
16-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys. I have check all fuses, and all appear to be OK. I have spoken to local Kenwood support who have suggested the problem is with the changer unit. It appears that the memory in the changer is the culprit.
Now looking for a replacement changer as memory fix will be in the $200.00 AU range.

thanks

rob