PDA

View Full Version : 95 accord engine problems

HArris2887
16-12-2008, 11:34 PM
hi all...
i am have some major problems with my 95 accord exi non-vtec...

it all started with a oil filter leak which was fixed by replacing the oil filter...

My current problem is when i am driving and i step on the accelerator (even a little bit) the engine (or car) shudders (it is jolting my body back an forth in the seat), very rough acceleration not smooth at all...could it be the timing belt?, it only has 50k KMs on the timing belt.i have never changed the spark plugs either, but the mechanic told me the spark plugs were fine...he also checked the distributor cap and rotor

the problem only exists when the car i warm and up to running temperature, when it is cool there seems to be no problem...it does it in every gear as well

it cant be the clutch slipping as i had a new clutch put in 9k KMs ago..and the revs dont just when it happens,

ECU-MAN
18-12-2008, 08:00 AM
does it feal like the engine is missing ?, could be your leads

bumper
18-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah I'd say it could be your leads too.

HArris2887
18-12-2008, 10:05 AM
yes it actually does..
i haven't replace the leads in 30-40k KMS...how often am i suppose to replace the plugs and leads.

It feels like the engine is missing beats .....
so far i am considering,
Leads, Fuel pump, Fuel filter, Plugs, Dist Cap + rotor....

ECU-MAN
18-12-2008, 10:31 AM
honda leads should last well over 150Km

however age gets to them as well.

what you do is pull the lead out from the head and wrap electrical tape around the shaft ( plastic part ) to insulate it. go around about 5 to 6 times from top to bottom.

HArris2887
18-12-2008, 03:12 PM
i replaced the spark plugs and leads and the problem went away, i think it was the spark plugs they were white from the tip...
the leads were also burnt ( looks like they were sparking with the rocket cover) cos there was a black burn on the rocket cover...

thanks for the help guys

Spoon-Accord
19-12-2008, 12:20 AM
did you wash your engine rescently?

water in the spark plug holes causes it to misfire too

happened to my h22a accord back then, didnt realise till 2 months down track lol

FAT VTI
21-12-2008, 10:38 AM
if your located in sydney, go see robert at hannys performance, he will find the problem guarenteed.