PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like my car aint going to good, whats your opinion??

FANATK
27-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Lately ive been feeling like my car isnt going as hard as it should and feels sluggish sometimes, not talking about mods but things in a stock sense i should check or replace, or reasons why it may be doing what it does!

just wondering peoples opinions... :)

vti-2
28-08-2003, 12:09 AM
Is yours a VTEC? If it is, let it warm up properly before hitting VTEC, otherwise you could be doing damage.

Does it misfire sometimes? Maybe spark plugs? :roll:

poid
28-08-2003, 09:09 AM
When was your last major service? A good service can do wonders, especially if you like to drive your car hard

wynode
28-08-2003, 11:44 AM
If the haven't been changed recently, change the following (in order).

1. Oil and Oil filter
2. Diff/gearbox oil
3. Spark plugs
4. Air filter
5. Fuel filter

Then see how it goes.

As a temporary 'fix' try resetting the ECU (unplug the battery for a bou 10 mins and plug it back in).

FANATK
28-08-2003, 02:41 PM
im doing a service tomorrow...

i forgot about the ECU thing, i used to do it all the time in my old teg, reset it so it re-adjusts it self... i used to remove the ECU fuse...that does the same thing as battery dont it?

bout the VTEC thing, i know it dont work if the engines cold, but once it warms up it works..

tomorrow im getting your basic service with oil change, putting honda type R oil in, and asking to check if my injectors need cleaning and if my ignition coils are still good (still standard)..

also my gearbox feels a bit ruff...

Jnr Teggy
28-08-2003, 03:08 PM
yeah mate..

do a full service and reset the ECU (check the IGN. timing and injectors!)

it could just be a bad batch of fuel!

wynode
28-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Oops.....can't believe I forgot ignition timing :oops:

evil_mike
21-12-2003, 03:41 AM
I had the same problem with my Civic Coupe.

What did I do?

-chaged the oil
-changed the oil filter
-changed the spark plugs
-replaced the worn down brake
-change radiator fluid
-Use BP Ultimate and not the cheap crap you find at 7-Eleven

If all else fails, bring it to the mechanics.

fusion_VTi
23-12-2003, 09:31 PM
yeah mate fuel can make a huge difference. i choose to fill up with only bp ultimate and shell optimax all the other stuff i have heard is watered down and not as good quality....

Setanta
23-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Theres been some crap Optimax blends running around... stick to ultimate :)

KnfUzn
26-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Ultimate is better because BP is the biggest oil company in Australia, but i gain better performance with optimax, the engine sounds better and runs smoother

btw its a 94 crx

A'PEXi
28-12-2003, 11:21 PM
hahaha cheap crap at 7-11.... :P...

you would benefit running your car on fuel which is more pure though... give it a go... dont expect a miracle the first time you use it tho :D

yourfather
14-10-2007, 02:11 AM
any updates?

blk_shadow
14-10-2007, 03:41 PM
if you've changed everything and it still lacks power, you might want to check the battery too.

i just had a dying battery and car lost power. after changing it, the power increases back again.