PDA

View Full Version : Jazz's Top Speed???

FB008
14-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey guys

I've been wondering about this for a bit. The manual for my Honda Jazz VTi has maximum allowable speeds for the car for gears 1-4. but for the 5th gear there seems to be a blank...

So, I'm wondering exactly is the top speed of the Honda Jazz? Would it be able to rev up to 6000rpm at least or can it redline?

If it can reach at least 6000rpm then it should be able to do at least 200kph :D

Anyways, i was just wondering...

Cheers
FB008

Type R Positive
14-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Thats when you change to the next gear.
The Jazz is only a 5 speed manual, hence no gear change speed listed.
I don't know what the top speed is though.....

Catcha
14-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Thats when you change to the next gear.
The Jazz is only a 5 speed manual, hence no gear change speed listed.
I don't know what the top speed is though.....

I reckon it's good for 180kph ...........but i'm not game enough to try it in this car..........my previous cars yes.......not this one :D

Phantasm
14-10-2004, 10:12 PM
HAHA top speed in a jazz!!!
Nah just kidding, but it wouldnt be the easiest to reach.
Youd have to either have a very long stretch of road, say a highway.
And it would have to be either dead flat or slightly down hill.

Catcha
15-10-2004, 12:01 AM
HAHA top speed in a jazz!!!
Nah just kidding, but it wouldnt be the easiest to reach.
Youd have to either have a very long stretch of road, say a highway.
And it would have to be either dead flat or slightly down hill.

Well we have unlimited speeds up in the Top End, but i Just don't think the Jazz is cut out to do speed runs......might do it one day when i go to litchfield for swim :D

Type R Positive
15-10-2004, 05:26 AM
Well we have unlimited speeds up in the Top End, but i Just don't think the Jazz is cut out to do speed runs......might do it one day when i go to litchfield for swim :DOr Mataranka! It depends on how long a stretch you need!!!

Geoffy
15-10-2004, 07:32 AM
Ok boys... I'm trying it tonight... going for a cruise to Palm Beach... When I say cruise I mean race ;)

Andys
15-10-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm guessing it has a 180km/h speed limiter like most Jap cars seem to. It could probably go faster than that if you had a way of disabling the speed limiter. (Fastest I've been in my Jazz vti is 160 on a long empty freshly sealed road in outback QLD.. the car felt just fine at this speed)

If some of the Sydney guys here come to the Ozhonda Wakefield day, maybe we can find out together :) (though, the straight isn't really long enough to do more than 180ish)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10329

Kit
15-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Ok boys... I'm trying it tonight... going for a cruise to Palm Beach... When I say cruise I mean race ;)

bahahahahaha ROFL
sorry Geoffy... you really crack me up..

Race to Palm Beach? :rolleyes:

Kit
15-10-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm guessing it has a 180km/h speed limiter like most Jap cars seem to. It could probably go faster than that if you had a way of disabling the speed limiter. (Fastest I've been in my Jazz vti is 160 on a long empty freshly sealed road in outback QLD.. the car felt just fine at this speed)

If some of the Sydney guys here come to the Ozhonda Wakefield day, maybe we can find out together :) (though, the straight isn't really long enough to do more than 180ish)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10329

nah you wont be able to hit much high speeds at Wakefield.
From memory (might be slightly wrong) I think I was only able to hit around 140-150 by the time i hit the first kink at the end of the straight in my EK4 and that was having a really good corner exit from the last bend too!

Type R Positive
15-10-2004, 01:59 PM
The Euro's not 180km/h limited ;)

|N|
15-10-2004, 02:59 PM
there is no speed limit cut on all aus spec ... i ve reached 210km/h in my ex car... but thats stupid .. dun test it...

muli
15-10-2004, 03:09 PM
i done slightly above 180km/h in my jazz and i was in 4th if i remember correctly but the revs were quite high

FB008
15-10-2004, 11:24 PM
180km/h in 4th??? I though it would have limited itself before that unless its somehow disabled, in the manual it says it's rev-limited I think???

Anyways I've managed to do 170km/h on the M1 (pacific motorway) but shhhhh nobody knows that ;) It wasn't stupid though, there was nobody in front of me and I was in the far right lane in broad daylight... no cops around luckily.

I still have a clean licence, I'd like to think I'm a good driver :)

Not game enough to try it again in a hurry though... I'm too paranoid that something will happen. Not to mention that my front left tyre is fooked....

Someday I will take it to the race track and I'll take it for a spin :D

Ironfist
16-10-2004, 12:07 AM
180k in 4th? What do jazz's rev at? or do they have a long gear ratio?

vtir teg hits 8rpm in 4th @ 180k's

FB008
16-10-2004, 03:27 PM
if it hits 8000rpm its in the red zone, wouldnt it bust the engine if its there long enough?

Anyway, I thought it would have a limiter and so if u tried going past 6300 rpm it would cut off the engine and not allow you to surpass it... I'm not game enough to rev it up that far. I go to 6000 rpm but that's it, don't want to kill my Jazz :)

TypeG
16-10-2004, 03:36 PM
hm???
jazz cant rev pass 6k rpm?

G3NX
16-10-2004, 04:59 PM
hmm...from experience dont bother testing your highest speed, as seeing the height of the jazz the centre of gravity is more vunerable therefore more likely to roll and spinout. :!: from experience dont risk it as now my once Jazz Vti-s is now a sardin can. :(

gd1_nz
16-10-2004, 05:31 PM
hmm...from experience dont bother testing your highest speed, as seeing the height of the jazz the centre of gravity is more vunerable therefore more likely to roll and spinout. :!: from experience dont risk it as now my once Jazz Vti-s is now a sardin can. :(

just wondering...any chance of a photo of ur jazz after the crash?

coladuna
16-10-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm guessing it has a 180km/h speed limiter like most Jap cars seem to.

As others said, Japanese cars being sold in Australia do not have speed limiter. That only applies to JDM.

Catcha
16-10-2004, 06:43 PM

Roll and spin out..........how do you test you cars limits......taking corners?

The only thing i would be worried about in testing any cars top speed is a tyre blowing while going at such speeds..But other than that..find a nice long stretch of road with limited traffic and step on it and hold on :D

rokkuchan
17-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey, I done 182km/h according to my RSM. It kept a record of it. The speedo meter is very accurate with the stock's speedometer dial, but the Rev is not accurate. The revs on the RSM is exactly 200 more than the stock tachometer.

I done this on the southern express way in adelaide, but the road was too short to do 200. I think I could have but the road ended before i reach that... I dont know if theres speed limiter, may be the apex RSM got rid of it?? RSM has the feature of getting rid of speed limiter? Im not sure.

here's some pics anyway...

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/518/2307DSC02758-med.JPG

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/518/2307DSC02752-med.JPG

Catcha
17-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Hey, I done 182km/h according to my RSM. It kept a record of it. The speedo meter is very accurate with the stock's speedometer dial, but the Rev is not accurate. The revs on the RSM is exactly 200 more than the stock tachometer.

I done this on the southern express way in adelaide, but the road was too short to do 200. I think I could have but the road ended before i reach that... I dont know if theres speed limiter, may be the apex RSM got rid of it?? RSM has the feature of getting rid of speed limiter? Im not sure.

all good and well but you know by posting that you have given the boys in blue some evidence if they want to pursue you.......don't if they would check these forums but they certainly are on others

Kit
17-10-2004, 01:25 AM
dunno why you would really care about the top speed of a car anyway...

top speed really is just a measure of the power of the car and its aerodynamic efficiency...... and you already know the power and could easily get the drag coefficient.

rokkuchan
17-10-2004, 04:13 AM
well i dunt really care either. I just happen to be a speed freak on a highway no matter what i car drive that is... :) This topic just happen to show up and seeing people asking can it go 180 and all that stuff... just like to show u guys that a jazz can... well probably any car can except auto's unless it's v6 or v8...

n eway, no more comments about this from me...

laterz.

muli
17-10-2004, 10:13 AM
the fuel cut is somewhere under 7000rpm cause ive hit it a couple of times and the redlines 6,300 and it still revs past it abit

Catcha
17-10-2004, 01:40 PM
well i dunt really care either. I just happen to be a speed freak on a highway no matter what i car drive that is... :) This topic just happen to show up and seeing people asking can it go 180 and all that stuff... just like to show u guys that a jazz can... well probably any car can except auto's unless it's v6 or v8...

laterz.

Just looking out for fellow drivers....a few months ago. Police were looking at forums and targetted specific cars, The owners were SHOCK as they knew what they were looking in mods....Few people have also been done for speeding cause its all gives them evidence to pin you with...don't think it will be that bad in these forums but wrx and skyline, ls1, and ford XR6T are common. even organise cruises need to be PM for safety sake :)

TypeG
17-10-2004, 02:14 PM

out of the topic, where u get the diagram for install rsm?

rokkuchan
17-10-2004, 04:05 PM
out of the topic, where u get the diagram for install rsm?

Didn't have any. i knew some guys that have workshop that do up cars, (Complete Audio) email thema bout it www.completeaudio.com

I let them play around to experiment and I get free labour. :P First they said it might be hard or not able to get it working since it's a new car and all...

as I recall, they said they only needed to look for one wire, can't remember which one tho. The rest was easy, well they said it was easy overall anyway. took less than an hour to install the thing.

So sorry can't help ya TypeG.

FB008
17-10-2004, 06:36 PM

<SNIP>

Nice work there :)

The Jazz's top speed was just something that I was wondering about, it's not like I'm going to try achieving its max speed anyway, I'm aware of possible consequences etc. One day, I might take it on the race track for my own purposes. And if I have the money, yes I would do up the Jazz. But that's a long time coming, and I might not even be here in the future.

Since when are cops gonna be targeting the Jazz anyway ;) Besides mine's completely stock and I'm not game enough to speed anyway. And there's just way too many Jazz's on the road.

I'm not trying to condone speeding of any sorts, drivers should be aware of the consequences of dangerous driving and speeding... But it was just more of a "question to be answered" thread.

And it's surprising that the Jazz can go this fast for the class + price that it's in :D VTEC OWNZ!!!

Cheers

Kit
17-10-2004, 11:52 PM

laterz.

At the end of the day, I don't have a problem with someone who wants to test the top speed of their car... what i do have a problem with is someone who tests their car on public roads.

...if you think about it, the terminal velocity of a car really proves nothing as all the information it gives is the power, drag coefficient and gearing of your car.... all of which are readily available before even setting foot in the car itself.

the only thing terminal velocity runs are good for is for bragging to your mates down at the local pub :D

I have similar thoughts about street racing too. :thumbdwn:

KB
18-10-2004, 12:00 AM
all good and well but you know by posting that you have given the boys in blue some evidence if they want to pursue you.......don't if they would check these forums but they certainly are on others

Well they havn't really got any evidence. Lets just say he took off his front wheels and put his car on bricks. Reved his car in 5th gear to get a top speed. Then took a pic of his RSM to show off to Ozhonda Members. :D

Haha Always one step ahead. :thumbsup:

KB
18-10-2004, 12:14 AM
well probably any car can except auto's unless it's v6 or v8...

My sisters car is a 93 Civic Gl twin carby auto. And a "Friend" of mine had that going at 185.

Type R Positive
18-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Just looking out for fellow drivers....a few months ago. Police were looking at forums and targetted specific cars, The owners were SHOCK as they knew what they were looking in mods....Few people have also been done for speeding cause its all gives them evidence to pin you with...don't think it will be that bad in these forums but wrx and skyline, ls1, and ford XR6T are common. even organise cruises need to be PM for safety sake :) I don't think that they really have to read forums to target these cars???

If they do, I'm going to be a copper so I can cruize the internet all day long!!! What an excuse!!! (Umm, I do that already!)

GU357
06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
presuming the jazz puts out 100hp and it does 200 to get it to do 300 would take 336 hp. (excluding drag factor)

pretty cool huh?