PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Type S seats into an EG hatch?

Doylie
17-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi guys, as the title suggests, is this a possible transplant? What's involved? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

niiCk
17-12-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah, its possible. Easiest way is to open up the dc5 rear seats and transfer the foam and material onto you EG rear seat bases, this is because the dc5 rear seats dont have the hole nor the peg thing to attach it to the rear of the EG, my cousin is currently doing it right now but to his EK which is exactly the same process, i gave him my old EG seats and we tore it apart to the base, now his going to move the dc5 stuff across to the EG seat base. As for the bottom part, its pretty much bolt on, though i believe the loop thing that holds down the is in a different location as to where it should be bolted, so you pretty much have to modify the loop thing to make it line up. Hope it helps, just pm me. i'll try ask how my cousins going.

Doylie
18-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Sorry, are you talking about the rear seats? I was referring to the front seats.. Sorry for the confusion..

Redlinemotorsport
21-12-2008, 12:17 PM
just buy seat rails that bolt on.
ive got dc5 recaros in my eg.
easy as changing over the rails.
yonas sells them,
or america ebay.

*get the super low rails *

niiCk
21-12-2008, 12:53 PM
With DC5 Type S seats you cant jus take off the rails like recaro, you could change the whole seat pan over, which is effort. Or do what im doing in my cousins car, cutting off the mounts off both the EK rails and the DC5 Type S rails, then welding the EK mounts onto the DC5 Type S rails, fits perfectly. I should probably do a DIY thread on it aye?