PDA

View Full Version : EK9 Coupe front and rear bars

chintami
18-12-2008, 04:16 PM
anyone know where i can get these new or second hand around sydney. as im getting a 4dr ek soon and want to GET RID OF THE BLACK MOULDINGS ON THE BARS!!

thanks in advanced

ekvtec
18-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Well i dont know if they came in coupe, but i do know the ek9 hatch rear bar will not fit the ek sedan. Also try to contact a few wreckers for the front bar, i doubt they will have it tho. If you want something similar just go for a EJ8 front bar (alot easier to find).

simonnowis
18-12-2008, 05:20 PM
ek9 came only in hatch, there is the preface lift and the facelift.
fronts are the same, but the rear bumper is different.

so your after a 99-00 facelift? you need front bar, headlights, bonnet, fenders, grill, bumper support all from 99-00 ek or em1 to make your EK prefacelift into a facelift model appearance.

97EK1
18-12-2008, 05:47 PM
i think what he means is the 96-98 coupe without moldings. i've seen a few around just look for a 99-00 rear bumper from a 4door or coupe and the molding-less ek9 front bumper which is the same as the american one of any 96-98 civic.

chintami
19-12-2008, 08:21 AM
this is the front bar i have now
http://www.reallymeansounds.com/garage/carimages/i1845.jpg

and this is the one im after
http://i35.tinypic.com/dmfoco.jpg

can anyone tell me where i can source one around sydney

chintami
19-12-2008, 08:22 AM
you'll notice theres no black bumper stripes

what model should i be looking at for a bar like that

what model front bars will be able to fit my civic which is a 96 4dr vti. and what is it EK1,4,9??

so many codes with honda...

LiKPiC
19-12-2008, 08:47 AM
96-98 are prefacelift: like the silver car
99-00 are facelift: like the yellow car

what year is the ek sedan that you're going to get soon?

if it's prefacelift and you want to change yours over to the facelift. you'll need to change more than just the bumper...
have a read of http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71970&highlight=facelift

chintami
19-12-2008, 09:06 AM
im getting a 96 model but i want a bar with no stripes.

now when i call the wreckers what model civic should i be describing cos last thing i want is to buy the same front bar. or a front bar from a newer model civic and it wont fit.

zco
19-12-2008, 09:13 AM
ek9 came only in hatch, there is the preface lift and the facelift.
fronts are the same, but the rear bumper is different.

so your after a 99-00 facelift? you need front bar, headlights, bonnet, fenders, grill, bumper support all from 99-00 ek or em1 to make your EK prefacelift into a facelift model appearance.

fronts are diff . rear is hte same

REAR: EM1 or a EJ8 or a 99-00 Rear bar

FRONT : if u want a clean look, cheap and effective and you have a 96-98, get a ej8 front bar
if u want to go facelift, you will have to change the front end
get a 99-00 package. fenders bonnet guards grill and front bar

97EK1
19-12-2008, 09:16 AM
he never said he wanted a facelift did you read? he wants no mouldings. just get a 99-00 rear bumper (because they should be the same as that wasen't changed in the facelift (except for removing the rear moldings) and an EJ8 front bumper from the australian delivered 96-98 VTI coupe.

The codes by honda are not at all confusing and all car manufacturers use their own variations, EK1 denotes a civic with a D16 SOHC engine with the basic chassis (CXI, GLI), The EK4 is the SIR (VTI-R), i'm not sure if it has any strengthining changes but it runs a B16A engine and upmarket interior, finally the EK9, not sold in australia runs a B16B and has many chassis changes to make it suitable for racing, no sound deadening and spotwelds along with a thicker rear subframe and more but thats the basics, these are all hatches except the EK1 i believe which is the 4door as well but i've never looked at one.

zco
19-12-2008, 09:42 AM
he never said he wanted a facelift did you read? he wants no mouldings. just get a 99-00 rear bumper (because they should be the same as that wasen't changed in the facelift (except for removing the rear moldings) and an EJ8 front bumper from the australian delivered 96-98 VTI coupe.

The codes by honda are not at all confusing and all car manufacturers use their own variations, EK1 denotes a civic with a D16 SOHC engine with the basic chassis (CXI, GLI), The EK4 is the SIR (VTI-R), i'm not sure if it has any strengthining changes but it runs a B16A engine and upmarket interior, finally the EK9, not sold in australia runs a B16B and has many chassis changes to make it suitable for racing, no sound deadening and spotwelds along with a thicker rear subframe and more but thats the basics, these are all hatches except the EK1 i believe which is the 4door as well but i've never looked at one.

yeh i did read, he is a noob and i dont know what he's after. so i gave him all options. and its not like i didnt give him the option of telling him to get a ej8 front bar

i'll help you out

anyone know where i can get these new or second hand around sydney. as im getting a 4dr ek soon and want to give it a bit of a face lift.

thanks in advanced

Chi
19-12-2008, 09:48 AM
97EK1 : reading phails you.

97EK1
19-12-2008, 09:58 AM
lol sorry, i read a "bit" of a face lift not replace the whole front end "BIT" of a difference, anyway i was not talking to you zco i started my reply before your post was there, i was talking about liptic it was pretty evident he was after the EJ8 bar from his ek9 reference or were all posting members unable to see this?(minus zco) your reply was perfect zco, infact if i had of read it before my post it wouldent be there.

Edit: MikeyG has the front bar your after for sale in the for sale section $130 so all you will have to sourse is the rear bumper

chintami
19-12-2008, 10:14 AM
97ek1 thats the info i was after thanx mate.

but since doing some searching i found some non gen ones from a trader RACE NATION.

anyone know if these are good.

ZCO - mate i shoulda reworded "facelift" as i didnt know the word facelift meant something in the honda scene. hahah

i also drive a 180sx so nissan facelifts are usally more noticable lol

chintami
19-12-2008, 10:16 AM
yeah im hoping to buy it off him if he replies or calls us back.

thanks dude

zco
19-12-2008, 10:30 AM
haha its okay man. everyone's here to learn and understand.. all good man
should have kept the 180 ;)

LiKPiC
19-12-2008, 11:12 AM
it's b/c originally he had pics of a yellow facelift civic saying that that was what he wanted. then he changed the pic. pfft

chintami
19-12-2008, 11:19 AM
i still have the 180. The ek is for my gf but will be our "comfy car" as ill be taking the car on and off the road next year redoing a few things.